PDA

View Full Version : Williams Fans...please

tennisIlove09
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:51 AM
let's just take the loss, as it is...a loss. We'll never know what may have been. Let's have the dignity that Serena (and Venus for that matter) have.

tennisIlove09
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:14 AM
bump ;)

mykarma
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:16 AM
let's just take the loss, as it is...a loss. We'll never know what may have been. Let's have the dignity that Serena (and Venus for that matter) have.Bull, she didn't lose, she was robbed. It was just plain disgusting.

~{X}~
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:17 AM
Well I have calmed down from the loss. But if Roddick loses...its ON!

Knizzle
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:17 AM
Of course the WS fans have be the nice guys.

CJ07
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:19 AM
you know, regardless of what is said it will not change the outcome of the match...

BUT SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE

Anna F'd Enrique
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:20 AM
i am over it now.....cap is alright with me....well only if she keeps cussing.

tennisIlove09
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:24 AM
of course. why sink to the level of others?

Diesel
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:24 AM
I'm sorry but why shouldn't fans of Serena be mad?

If this had happened to Jen, who would be telling Jen fans just take the loss? Serena would have been attacked and let's say she had responded the way Jen did, it would be Serena the two faced liar right about now.

~{X}~
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:25 AM
lol FoxSports.com even said Serena was robbed.

Williams robbed of point in loss to Capriati
Story Tools: Print Email
Howard Fendrich / Associated Press
Posted: 6 minutes ago

NEW YORK (AP) - Unfairly, unbelievably, Serena Williams was robbed of a point by an umpire's mistake at the U.S. Open, just like her sister was at Wimbledon.

It happened in the opening game of the third set between Williams and Jennifer Capriati, who went on to win their Open quarterfinal 2-6, 6-4, 6-4 Tuesday night.
The match was tight and testy, the way it almost always has been during the 17 matches between Williams and Capriati: contested calls, spiked rackets, a bit of gamesmanship and strokes pounded with power. A lot of power.

But what always will be remembered is the miscue by chair umpire Mariana Alves of Portugal, who gave a point to Capriati at deuce after Williams hit a backhand that clearly landed in - and was ruled good by the line judge.

Williams wound up being broken in that game, and though she did break right back, she was broken again to 2-1 and never recovered. TV replays also appeared to show at least two other incorrect calls that went against Williams in the final game, when Capriati needed three match points to serve it out.

"I didn't even, like, look at it. It was close. I was just going to what the umpire said," Capriati told the crowd afterward, receiving some boos.

"Believe me, I've had things go against me many times, plenty of times. I deserve to get a call once in a while."

SJW
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:28 AM
maybe tomorrow morning

im just glad my faves have more class than most of the other players out there. Serena :worship:

mentos
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:40 AM
im just glad my faves have more class than most of the other players out there. Serena :worship::wavey: Well stated, SJW. I have lost all respect for Jennifer. She's now descended below "the hand" in my version of Dante's Inferno:fiery: . Hope she landed on her jiggly arse on the spiral downward.
Dante: "Jello clean up in the abyss level"

AjdeNate!
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:42 AM
maybe tomorrow morning

im just glad my faves have more class than most of the other players out there. Serena :worship:
My fave is completely innocent I assure you. :p
*sorry, trying levity here as I know this is a hard time*

Stamp Paid
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:43 AM
Fuck that.

WtaTour4Ever
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:45 AM
Exactly I agree, woulda coulda shoulda....I think moreso Serena was probably emotionally drained b/c of the calls ie she could have turned it around. Unfornutaly she wasn't able to in this instance....too bad she couldn't close it out in 2. :-(

Pureracket
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:47 AM
Fuck that.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Diesel
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:48 AM
maybe tomorrow morning

Basically

bandabou
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:50 AM
Itīs cool...we all know the truth. Nothing can be done about it anymore....but this certainly must open peopleīs eyes that we ainīt just imagining things.

*JR*
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:51 AM
Also write Jen's agent, Barbara Perry: bperry@imgworld.com

Black Mamba.
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:51 AM
I've calmed down and I understand that sometimes integrity, honesty, and class can go a lot farther than a win in a quarterfinal match in which the player who won probably won't win the tournement. Regardless of this deception Serena looked really sharp in the first set and that encourages me that she is finally healthy and will be able to finish off the year on a positive note.

Stamp Paid
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:52 AM
i just spoke to my mother and she is telling me she's still mad:D I'm over it already- my summer was filled with wonderful tennis matches...wimbledon, now this- it's a conspiracy against me:)
Hell, you wanted Jennifer to win anyway, so shut the fuck up with your fake ass.

Pureracket
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:52 AM
Itīs cool...we all know the truth. Nothing can be done about it anymore....but this certainly must open peopleīs eyes that we ainīt just imagining things.You REALLY think that this incident is going to open people's minds?

By midnight, these folks will have put a spin on this situation and make it seem as if Serena is responsible for everything from the NBA's poor showing in the Olympics to the swelling federal deficit.:lol:

faboozadoo15
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:54 AM
:haha: who are the people being nasty?
tell me, what did you say after viewing the 2004 australian open final... those poor kim fans.

bandabou
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:58 AM
You REALLY think that this incident is going to open people's minds?

By midnight, these folks will have put a spin on this situation and make it seem as if Serena is responsible for everything from the NBA's poor showing in the Olympics to the swelling federal deficit.:lol:

If only you were joking.....:lol: