PDA

View Full Version : in light of some disgusting calls...

SJW
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:49 AM
i am proud to call myself a Serena Williams fan because she handled it with class and showed that a champion isn't only someone who wins, but behaves like a champion.

bad calls went against her, but she battled on like a trooper and i love her for that :hearts:

i cannot bring myself to congratulate Jennifer on the other hand :) sore loser or not, it's just sad to see her win a match like that

Mr. Man
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:50 AM
i am proud to call myself a Serena Williams fan because she handled it with class and showed that a champion isn't only someone who wins, but behaves like a champion.

bad calls went against her, but she battled on like a trooper and i love her for that :hearts:

i cannot bring myself to congratulate Jennifer on the other hand :) sore loser or not, it's just sad to see her win a match like that
:worship: :worship: :worship:

SJW
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:52 AM
the crowd, for Jennifer the whole match then booing her just now? what's up with that?

tennisIlove09
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:52 AM
:worship: well said Sarah!

Wigglytuff
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:54 AM

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

selesfan
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:55 AM
I agree! I am proud of Serena, she tried in spite of the bad calls. I hope Elena kicks Jen's ass.

tennisfan22
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:56 AM

She is happy that she won the match. You can keep your congratulations to yourself :haha:

Dava
Had the same thing happened to Jen...I wouldnt have thought would have dealt with it as well.

faboozadoo15
the crowd, for Jennifer the whole match then booing her just now? what's up with that?
well then she played brilliantly to the new york crowd and said "it's about time i get a call." and they went nuts again.

but anyway :worship: serena. she handled it with total class. that's champion stuff.

Jakeev
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:57 AM

Does not ease the fact I am sad for Serena right now. Jennifer in my mind should have shown some sportmanship on that obvious call......

Cariaoke
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:58 AM
all kudos to Serena! :worship:

Good luck Elena! :D

Diesel
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:59 AM
Serena was pure class and heart. Next year will be better.