PDA

View Full Version : 4 FUCKING TIMES!! THeY CHEATED HER 4 FUCKING TIMES!!

Knizzle
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:49 AM
I'm Almost In Tears Here I Can't Believe What Serena Is Feeling. This Is Outrageous.

You Can't Tell Me Ws Fans Have Nothing To Fuss About. Tell Me That Now!!!

Unfuckingbeleievable, Actually It Is Believable. If Forgot Where They Are.

Serena Once Again Handles Herself With Class And Grace At The Net.

selking
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:49 AM
:yawn:

thelittlestelf
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:50 AM
She handled it like a queen. How can the umpire be THAT STUPID???

Jen is lying to my face right now. She played well, moved well, but lied well and I am losing respect for her.

"Topaz"
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:51 AM
I can't believe it!

joaco
they should really change those linesmen, as well as the umpire... what a creep

Anna F'd Enrique
lol at jen lying....

tennisfan22

Go cry in the corner coz Jen won :haha:

Mase
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:52 AM
Shit happens. It happens to every tennis player in thier career.

Ill be the first to dmit it, those calls sucked. But the match was not about just those 4 calls.

Good fight Jen!!!!

Dava
The umpire was a re-tard and generally today on AA all the calls have been shit!

LindsayRocks89
some people in the crowd booed Jen when she was asked about the call in the post match interview

nikita771
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:53 AM
No one's crying because of Jennifer winning; it's the way that she won. I have nothing against Jennifer at all, but she got a huge advantage in that match thanks to some creative line calls. Yes - everyone gets screwed by line calls, but they aren't usually so obvious. Serena and every one of her fans has a right to be pissed right now.

switz
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:53 AM
i can't believe capriati said that serena won that game. i mean they shouldn't boo her because she technically didn't "cheat" - but it was a terrible display of sportsmanship because that ball was so far in.

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:54 AM
Jen didnt deserve to win.. I was glad when the crowed booed her.. she was wrong for not saying anything and she knows it.. And she said Serena won the game.. um dumb bitch.. she lost the game for no reason.. that would of been her game and it would of been a whole different match!! I really hate Jen now and i hop she loses to Demeniteva easily!!! I cant wait for Serena to go to the press conference!!

Julian
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:54 AM
What did Jennifer lie about??

Veritas
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:55 AM
Jennifer did not lie about the bad call.

The umpire lied about the ball not being inside the court.

igost
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:56 AM
That was downright disgusting. Where do they find these judges?

Wasn't it the same umpire who handed Davenport the tie-break with Bovina? Looks like horrible line calls are her specialty.

Diesel
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:56 AM
Jen showed everything of why I cannot stand her. She is just as shitty as the ump and linesman.

Diesel
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:57 AM
What did Jennifer lie about??

She lied about seeing if the ball went in, and then said Serena won that point anyway when Jen actually won it and that it was okay because bad calls have gone against her and it's owed to her.

bandabou
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:57 AM
It´s cool.....no problemos. Congrats Jen, better luck next time Serena.

:lol: An umpire getting the score wrong in a tie-break, an umpire OVERRULING on a ball that was not even CLOSE to the lines, let alone being out....:lol: People, people...

Cybelle Darkholme
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:58 AM

Ill be the first to dmit it, those calls sucked. But the match was not about just those 4 calls.

Good fight Jen!!!!
I am sorry but if they are giving your oppoent games then yes it does count. If they are giving your opponent points in the final game then yes those do count.

Was it fair, no? Was it right, no. and those crucial calls did not even out like they tend to say the do.

Im pissed. I'll cheer for the russians.

fabifan#1
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:58 AM
i'm going for dementieva all the way against jennifer

raquel
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:59 AM
If ever there was an example of instant replays being needed to help the umpire that match was it. They have the big screens there so why not let the umpire see the replay and make a decision - it would take less than a minute.

For the umpire to overrule on the far line when the line judge on that line called it in is shocking. Serena somehow kept a lid on it, but I would not have blamed her if she screamed the place down during that match.

baleineau
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:59 AM
this is what happens when you're so desperate to win at any cost. common-sense and fair-play give way to cheating. it happened with Justine. She was so desperate to win a Slam that she cheated. And tonight, Capriati cheated her way to a hollow victory.

The common factor in these two matches which helped Justine and Jen get away with it? The 'Darling of the Crowd' syndrome. They actually believe that they're so popular that they can actually lie and cheat in front of thousands of people and still come out on top. And their belief is founded once again.

Jennifer = Cheating Cow

Wigglytuff
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:00 AM
I'm Almost In Tears Here I Can't Believe What Serena Is Feeling. This Is Outrageous.

at the event itself i am more sad than upset. at the reactions here i am upset. no one who has any respect for the game can justify that. personally, i dont blame crappy, i do want that umpires head though! :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

take your ugly ass to bed if you are that fucking sleepy!

esquímaux
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:02 AM
Shame.

Hots4Safin
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:03 AM
That was quite possibly the most disgusting thing I've seen in tennis. Serena is a true champion fot not really losing it at the end. Did anyone see if she shook the chair's hand? I missed it - I hope she didn't...she was classy with jennifer which is cool b/c it wasn't jen's fault, but I would have spit in that bitch in the chair's face!

Stefwhit
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:05 AM
This match is a call for CHANGE... REPLAY is needed in the worse way and I wouldn't be one bit surprised if this match serves as a catalyst for getting that implemented.

Just_lindsay
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:05 AM

This was pretty disgusting to me. Serena handled herself extremely well and I think Capriati's on-court behavior is reprehensible... I believe she knew she was lying in her post match interview when she said that Serena won the game where one of the bad points was called. The New York crowd would like to see Capriati win this title at any cost, and I'm not surprised how little they cared about Serena being screwed. Capriati says she didn't notice. I might believe her if it happened just once, but four times? Come on! :rolleyes:

I hope Elena recovers sufficiently to put up a good fight in this semifinal!

¤CharlDa¤
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:06 AM
Terrrible.....I am still frozen in shock...

Why does the good things always happen to the people who deserve it the least? :rolleyes:

Jasmin
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:08 AM
Did Jen say that Serena won that point but then said that she deserve to get the call? Wow..

Justeenium
this is what happens when you're so desperate to win at any cost. common-sense and fair-play give way to cheating. it happened with Justine. She was so desperate to win a Slam that she cheated. And tonight, Capriati cheated her way to a hollow victory.

The common factor in these two matches which helped Justine and Jen get away with it? The 'Darling of the Crowd' syndrome. They actually believe that they're so popular that they can actually lie and cheat in front of thousands of people and still come out on top. And their belief is founded once again.

Jennifer = Cheating Cow

You're a pathetic hater, since you don't like Juju and JCap you claim they cheated. Real mature :retard:

Anna F'd Enrique
ok i have calmed down now lol.....even though I am a Serena fan..i wouldnt mind if Jen won the US Open. However i am a bigger fan of Dementieva and I would like to see her win.

DUNEMAN
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:09 AM
This is such a blatant injustice, that it has to hurt the sport of tennis. We want Tennis Appeals Now, change the fucking rules this is happening too often.

selking
take your ugly ass to bed if you are that fucking sleepy! :lol: jen won and serena lost :lol:

Wigglytuff
If ever there was an example of instant replays being needed to help the umpire that match was it. They have the big screens there so why not let the umpire see the replay and make a decision - it would take less than a minute.

For the umpire to overrule on the far line when the line judge on that line called it in is shocking. Serena somehow kept a lid on it, but I would not have blamed her if she screamed the place down during that match.

:worship: :worship: :worship:
This match is a call for CHANGE... REPLAY is needed in the worse way and I wouldn't be one bit surprised if this match serves as a catalyst for getting that implemented.

this match the hand incident and a ton of others. i think as much as i soooo hate the fact that there is no replay, i dont think that the players are really calling for it. because if they wanted it they would have it. i think.

VeraNuVirgosFan
It's really sad to hear about this.

Good luck to Serena at Beijing!!

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:10 AM
you know how bad Jens eyes are... she always complains like a whiney bitch and the ball is in. I hope Serena says something in the press conference

jbone_0307
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:10 AM
Well, when Serena was leaving, people were hanging over the little thing trying to comfort her and tell her it is ok, and she waved at them.

clonesheep
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:12 AM
Capriati is known for her fierce arguing for line calls. Perhaps because of her reputation, the linesmen/umpire cut her some favor to avoid arguments?

An example is the classical semifinal last year at USO, Jen vs. Justine, first set. First there was an incorrect call that cost Justine a point. Then, there was a crucial point that Justine won and the call was correct. But Jen argued with the umpire and unbelievably she reversed the call. That wrongfully gave Jen 3-4 instead of 2-5 against Justine. Jen eventually won the set. Fortunately, Justine eventually won the match so that was OK. (I saw the match live and gave Capriati some benefit of doubt. Later when I saw the video it's just unbelievable.)

Zhao
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:12 AM
u guys r talking as though the match is decided by 4-5 wrong calls..
so Serena's defeat has nothing to do with her 40+ unforced errors??? :rolleyes:

jbone_0307
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:13 AM
Also, change the title to 5 times. 4 bad calls in the last game alone and the one at the beginning of the set. And for Jennifer to say that oh well she won the game, which she actually didn't(lie #2), it makes it justifyable that she didn't say anything when she knew it was obviously in(lie #1). Looks like she needs to have eye surgery again.

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:15 AM
I hope Andy says something like "Dont try and cheat me like you did Serena" to the umpire or lines person when they make a bad call. that would be great..

bandabou
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:16 AM
Zhao...even with those errors, that call cost Serena the first game of the last set..don´t you it was 6-4 in the third?! Now if it was 6-2 or something, then no arguing....but that call was BAAAAAAADDDDDDDD!!

cool bird
Five bad calls in one game. great job there

RYNJ
this kind of sucks a lot for serena because I mean I would understand if the ball was barely in and they called it out, but no this ball was WAYYY in you didnt need a mac cam! lol

Plus im reading how 1 or 2 points shouldnt make a difference! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! A match in tied at two games a piece a ball called out that was sooo in. If you think that coulndn't make a difference then you probably don't play tennis. I'm a jr player playing matches and tournaments all the time and I'll tell you if you have a bad call that sticks in your head pretty much the whole match because you would be telling yourself "it shouldnt be this score it should be this".

I'm not saying anything negative about Jennifer because she isnt the one paid to make those calls but I know why people are saying well she should have been a good sport and said yea it was in, and in reality she should have but in a match with so much on the line you cant really blame her and people should put there furry on the umpire, I swear I read an article about how Andre said they shoudl give reply a try and a match like this may just prove that we might just need it. PLUS I want it so I can show that umpire how wrong she was and put in on her face! haha

UDiTY
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:18 AM
Serena:sad: This tournament couldn't get any worse(unless Jen wins)

Jennifer:rolleyes: She has no freaking class. My respect for her went from low to non-existent.

FanDeJen
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:18 AM
I love Jennifer but I have to agree with all Serena´s fans! she was robbed!
Sorry guys!!!! I´m sure Jen would have wanted to win by herself without getting help from the linesmen.

treufreund
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:19 AM
THE HAND INCIDENT only impacted a first serve versus second serve and occurred in the middle of chaos when the crowd was very loud and justine may very well have thought serena was not being fair trying to serve when she was not ready. at any rate, it did not DETERMINE who won that point. it INFLUENCED it but did not DETERMINE.

jenn's decision to not say a thing actually cost Serena a point she won and gave one to jenn so that is TWO POINTS DECIDED by her not saying something whereas by JUSTINE not saying anything when asked only INFLUENCED a point. big difference!

Hots4Safin
SELKING - you're a piece of shit.

For you to sit back and just laugh and not even aknowledge that Jen was HELPED SEVERELY in that match, well, just proves what i already stated above.

Stamp Paid
This is bullshit. I am devastated. I consoled myself after Maria killed her at Wimbledon with the positives to be taken out of that match. Here, there are none. Serena was fucked in the ass with a ten foot pole, plain and fucking simple.

Zhao
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:25 AM
Zhao...even with those errors, that call cost Serena the first game of the last set..don´t you it was 6-4 in the third?! Now if it was 6-2 or something, then no arguing....but that call was BAAAAAAADDDDDDDD!!
Serena broke back to 1-1..but allowed herself to go down promptly to 1-2...why?? all her unforced errors...:o

cartmancop
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:28 AM
Tough Luck Serena, keep fighting hard.

Jen played well, best of luck to her.

bandabou
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:29 AM
Serena broke back to 1-1..but allowed herself to go down promptly to 1-2...why?? all her unforced errors...:o

See?! It should have been 2-0 and then 2-1 back on serve...nothing happens...

MinnyGophers
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:29 AM
It really isn't Jen's fault that the umpire sucked ass. Who knows if she even saw whether it was in or not ( i need to watch my tape).
It is NOT Jen's fault that Serena was screwed. So take the blame out on the umpire and not on the player.
I really feel for Serena. They screwed Venus and now her.

By the way: Justine's "hand" case didn't cost Serena the match ( she ended up winning that game If i Remeber correctly). IT was already chaos like another poster said, and it was pretty insignificant compared to the crucial points the umpire overruled in Jen's favor today.

Again, i believe it is not the player's fault but simply the umpire's. Serena was extremely gracious and classy.
But damn she should have fought that call ( and I wanted Capriati to win so it tells something about how much I hate how the umpire screwed that game)

*JR*
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:31 AM
Write TD Jim Curley: curley@usta.com

RYNJ
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:31 AM
If serena lost the match like 6/1 understandable, but she lost by a GAME! and if they counted that ball in it would have been 5/4 Williams.

SelesFan70
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:39 AM
:o I hope that umpire gets fired like that dude at Wimbledon.

If Jennifer had any sort of sportsmanship, she'd have given Serena at least 2 of those calls, but it's really not up to her to do that as cheesy as that sounds. I'm sure in Jennifer's mind, those calls made up for the ones she felt SHE got robbed on. :tape:

All the calls for instant replay...not gonna happen. Cyclops goes off all the time BEFORE they serve and I"m not convinced that "shot spot" is always right. ;)

mykarma
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:40 AM
u guys r talking as though the match is decided by 4-5 wrong calls..
so Serena's defeat has nothing to do with her 40+ unforced errors??? :rolleyes:Have you lost your mind. If Serena had 1000 unforced errors it had nothing to do with all of those incorrect calls. The chair umpire over turns a call from across the court and didn't over turn one in her f___ing face.

You act like 4-5 wrong calls in a match against the same person is ok. You only need 4 points to win a game.

Can you think of another major tournament that had that many bad calls made against one player?

Venus+Serena#1fan
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:40 AM
Disgusting performance by the incompetent umpire and the stupid linespeople.

The first incident was just unbelievable. The LAST game was pathetic, 2 or 3 calls in BIG points against Serena, shots that in the replay looked WAY GOOD.

Yes, Serena's errors were the main reason she lost, but the FIRST and LAST game of the 3rd set would've probably gone Serena's way if it werent for the calls, and that would HAVE MADE the difference.

After that call in the 1st game, how can anyone regain their focus??? Serena did an amazing job, but couldnt put it aside all the way, and NOBODY can blame her.

Black Mamba.
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:45 AM
She played hard tonight and showed the type of character she has. This just shows me that Venus and Serena were raised the right way.

Greenout
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:48 AM

Jennifer = Cheating Cow

Lame. Don't lump Justine into this match, she's not even in NYC
anymore.

Look- the problem started with Serena losing the second set.
You can't deal with her losing the second set. The Capster
changed her tactics from set 2, and tried lobs, topspins,
slices, and balls to cut out the angles.

The line calls were
screwed up yes, but where was Serena's plan B? By the
2nd bad line call she should already know by that moment
that it's not going to be a good umpire day for herself.
She as the champion she is should've lifted her game, and
not get suckered into those no pace rallies the Capster was
forcing her to get into.

Serena's a strong, tough girl, she's faced harder things in
life. I expected her to do plan B; but it never happened.
The crowd was pulling for her toward the latter part of the
3rd set.

Oh well...

selking
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:49 AM
SELKING - you're a piece of shit.

For you to sit back and just laugh and not even aknowledge that Jen was HELPED SEVERELY in that match, well, just proves what i already stated above.

go fuck yourself. Get over it. My god what the hell is wrong with you people. She lost. Get over it. I dont know why its so hard to handle. Shit happens.

Diesel
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:50 AM
Tough Luck Serena, keep fighting hard.

Jen played well, best of luck to her.

And you know what? That's the bad part about this. Jen played well just like Serena. The calls were horrible!

*JR*
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:50 AM
Also write Jen's agent, Barbara Perry: bperry@imgworld.com

raquel
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:54 AM
Also write Jen's agent, Barbara Perry: bperry@imgworld.com

Oh Roger it's one thing to write and complain about the umpire to the USTA but to give that address out is just encouraging hate mail for Jennifer. I don't think we need to go that far.

lucashg
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:14 AM
It was really shocking to see all that conspiracy against Serena. That chair umpire and linespeople were horrible and even in the last game, Serena's father told her that her ball was out when in fact was so in, LOL. But we can't actually take the merit from Capriati. Both players were realy good, Serena was better (even with that amount of UE), and Jennifer ran like crazy and knew how to break Serena with those slices, but if it weren't for those bad calls, most chances are that Serena would've won.

TBH, now this tournment looks really bad. No Justine, Serena, Venus, Sharapova, Mauresmo. I'm hoping either Kuznetsova or Davenport will win.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:18 AM

Good fight Jen!!!!

REally well said....

fammmmedspin
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:24 AM
Mistakes happen. They happen more so if you employ crap people.

Conspiracy theories are usually rubbish - often they just tell you that they were invented by someone with a paranoid personality or an axe to grind. Life really is that silly - you don't need to invent conspiracies to explain it.

Replay won't help - all you would get would be upset fans complaining that their person lost because the other player stopped play at a crucial moment to ask for a replay of a line call. Dementieva was in need of a drip today and some morons comentating wrre moaning because she asked for an injury time-out. Imagine if Serena had asked for play to be stopped to examine all those balls.

Technoogy might but it would have to be a lot better than cyclops.

Jen is not some amateur player calling her lines, Professionals go with calls because you can't rely on your opponent calling or even seeing so trust is impossible and mistakes even out anyway. Players have enough to think about without doing the umpires job and the linesman's job.

Daniel
Sep 8th, 2004, 09:10 AM
Jenn :D