PDA

View Full Version : Serena ROBBED of victory against Jennifer?

F-R-E-A-K
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:49 AM
Hey :wavey:

It was a great match, but poor Rena ... :sad: :fiery: She had 4-5 really bad line calls in the 3rd set alone :fiery: and I think 2 in the last game :fiery: I believe she was robbed from victory or atleast winning a game or too ... just never know... but they crucial balls. :p

The first game in the third set, was horrible that umpire is a total idiot :rolleyes: :fiery:.

Anyhow, welldone Cap :)

Serena took it very well and is a great sports woman :kiss: Sorry Serena :sad: :kiss:

"Topaz"
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:54 AM
The system must be updated in order to handle and prevent screw-ups like this.

Jeff
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:57 AM
Yes robbed indeed. That call changed the whole demeanor of the match. Raised the spirtits of the Bitch Jennifer, who knew she'd been given a free point, and brought down Serena, who knew she'd been robbed of the point. Same with the final game of the match, with serena having calls going against her twice.

Jennifer needs the crowed and free points to win the match, and she certainly earned that tonight. A bitch for life.

MisterQ
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:02 AM
Jennifer was playing well enough to win the match without the line calls, imo, but it could have gone either way. It's really unfortunate that the line calling was so atrocious and that controversy ensued. :mad: :sad:

Serena must be commended for her great sportsmanship at the net. :clap2: She was very warm to Jen up there.

F-R-E-A-K
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:03 AM
Yeah, I give Jen credit .. She was playing really well :)

bandabou
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:14 AM
Yeah...Jen was playing well, but man...those bad calls sure came on the most crucial moments!

Bright Red
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:22 AM
She was certainly robbed and I think it was intentional. How can you make such horrible calls against only one of the players. It had to be intentional. Why oh why do the Williams Sisters always, alwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays, have to be on the short end of this horrific calls?!?!?!

They even called one of Jennifer's service faults in!

This loss is just too painful for me to bear. Serena went out there looking spectacular. I was amazed by how well she was playing. Crisp and clean. I could imagine her holding up the trophy. And now this. I'm furious. I better stop typing before I say something I regret.

Good night.

KindaNice
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:22 AM
Hey....it sucked about the line calls. And it's too bad it happened. But like Jenn said, there are always bad line calls...

Unless they allow an instant replay on the MacCam...things aren't gonna change....

Bad line calls have been around forever...same thing happened with Chrissie and Martina when they were playing singles...

F-R-E-A-K
Sep 8th, 2004, 05:14 AM
Yes robbed indeed. That call changed the whole demeanor of the match. Raised the spirtits of the Bitch Jennifer, who knew she'd been given a free point, and brought down Serena, who knew she'd been robbed of the point. Same with the final game of the match, with serena having calls going against her twice.

Jennifer needs the crowed and free points to win the match, and she certainly earned that tonight. A bitch for life.

:lol: :lol: :tape:

le bon vivant
Sep 8th, 2004, 08:02 AM

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

A bitch for life!

!<blocparty>!
Sep 8th, 2004, 09:24 AM
It had to be intentional. Why oh why do the Williams Sisters always, alwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays, have to be on the short end of this horrific calls?!?!?!

Good night.

:rolleyes:

ummm, no they do not. You obviously didnt see the Williams Sprem Wimbledon match