PDA

View Full Version : I guess I have seen the light.....

Jakeev
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:23 AM
I cannot fucking believe what I witnessed 10 minutes ago. Serena hits a winner down the line that was in, that the lineswomans called and and Jen I FUCKING KNOW saw in and the idiot sitting in the chair had the audacity to call it out?

I am very critical of Williams fans who cry "whoa is me" about the sisters but now I guess what they have been saying is true all along.

I have lost all respect for certain people tonight and I am not sure I can just get over it......

selesfan
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:26 AM
I cannot fucking believe what I witnessed 10 minutes ago. Serena hits a winner down the line that was in, that the lineswomans called and and Jen I FUCKING KNOW saw in and the idiot sitting in the chair had the audacity to call it out?

I am very critical of Williams fans who cry "whoa is me" about the sisters but now I guess what they have been saying is true all along.

I have lost all respect for certain people tonight and I am not sure I can just get over it......
I agree! I am very disappointed in the whole game and am losing interest. I feel so sad for Serena. It would be a different story if it was a close call but the ball was way in.

Veegeta
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:28 AM
I'm tring to be cool...

bandabou
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:29 AM
Iīm telling you....certain stuff happens against the sisters, that really really makes you wonder if it is even worth it!!

lizchris
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:30 AM

Well, you may have to if Serena loses this match.

I can't believe Jennifer is so desperate for a spot in the QF that she would go along with cheating to get there.

Ryan
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:32 AM
It was a fucking ATROCIOUS call and I nearly spit out my drink when the ump said Ad Jennifer. The chair ump was fucking awful. I dont think, however, that Jennifer should have said anything. Its her job to win, not to give Serena points. IMO its completely different then the RG issue with Justine too. Henin denied putting her hand up, while Capriati just let the bad call go.

Stamp Paid
That smug ass bitch umpire. She should be fired. Serena, fight baby fight.

I am convinced now, these fucking slip ups and mistakes are just happeneing to the sisters too damn much when it means so much, at the most crucial times. Break this fucking pig Serena.

Mrs. Peel
Can you imagine the uproar if it was Serena who saw that ball sail good past her?!?!?

Veegeta
Everybody just be cool..be cool.

Mrs. Peel
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:33 AM
I hope that chair ump gets fired!!!

selesfan
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:35 AM
Can you imagine the uproar if it was Serena who saw that ball sail good past her?!?!?
It would never happen, the crowd would have revolted in favor of their darling Jennifer.;)

DarkCore
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:36 AM
No, that's not even what happened.

No one called the ball out. USA just replayed the scene and you do not hear the umpire say anything.

She got the score wrong. And it's even more inexcusable since it was a deuce point...whoever won the last point should have had the Advantage.

Again, I wouldn't be pointing fingers at Jennifer. We should be pointing fingers at tennis players. I've watched tennis like an addict for over fifteen years, and I can count on one hand the amount of times I've seen a tennis player give up a point or actually overrule a call not in his/her own favour. Tennis players simply are not shining examples of sportsmanship. Sad, but true.

LindsayRocks89
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:37 AM
i am just disgusted in how the how thing went and with jennifer, she saw the ball was clearly in and said nothing :fiery:

lizchris
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:37 AM
Well, it's panic time now; the unsportmanlike one is up 5-3.

bandabou
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:38 AM
It wasnīt just one point....it was game-point. Different!!

selesfan
No, that's not even what happened.

No one called the ball out. USA just replayed the scene and you do not hear the umpire say anything.

She got the score wrong. And it's even more inexcusable since it was a deuce point...whoever won the last point should have had the Advantage.

Again, I wouldn't be pointing fingers at Jennifer. We should be pointing fingers at tennis players. I've watched tennis like an addict for over fifteen years, and I can count on one hand the amount of times I've seen a tennis player give up a point or actually overrule a call not in his/her own favour. Tennis players simply are not shining examples of sportsmanship. Sad, but true.
They should all take an example from Carlos Moya, he even give his opponents points that he has won.;)

cheesestix

And you honestly believe that Serena would have been like "It was in! It was in! Give Jen the point!" in that situation???? :rolleyes:

thelittlestelf
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:39 AM
C'mon Serena, don't let it get to you. Break, break, BREAK!

cheesestix
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:39 AM
It wasnīt just one point....it was game-point. Different!!

No. It was NOT a game point. It was deuce before the point. Different!!

Veritas
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:40 AM
Jennifer should not be blamed for this incident.

She is not paid to do the umpire and linesmen's job. She is there to play tennis.

The umpire is the one who is wrong. She cannot do her job properly and it cost Serena a point. Jennifer did not take that point away from Serena - the umpire did.

usatennis1
First Venus, now Serena! The WTA has a problem.

QUEENLINDSAY
Such umpire is too bad for the sport!!!! it could cost everything a player prepares for.

Rocinante
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:41 AM
Bad calls happens, remember Roddick vs Hewitt on the US Open 2001 in the fifth set, it's not just against the Sisters :o

CJ07
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:41 AM
This is starting to get rediculous.

DarkCore
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:43 AM
selesfan, it's a lot more common on the ATP tour, as I argued in another thread. It's more part of ATP etiquette. You get the sense that top ATP players are friendly with each other more so than top WTA players are.

bandabou
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:44 AM
No. It was NOT a game point. It was deuce before the point. Different!!

and then itīs either bp or game-point..different, specially in the third-set.

QUEENLINDSAY
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:47 AM
I cant believed it happens in 4 calls!!!! Its too unfair!!!! I can feel for serena!!!

usatennis1
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:50 AM
This is BULLSH**!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The WTA is CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

martirogi
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:50 AM
I have been critical of the whole everyone against the williams thing, but after this shit. Unfuckingbelievable.

switz
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:51 AM
omg i feel sick. is there no room left for sportsmanship. she even lied in the interview saying serena won that game. that match was the biggest joke i have ever seen.

Mrs. Peel
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:52 AM
Bullshit match of the tournament :fiery:

fried_beans
There is no way that chair umpire will ever work again. I can't belive the calls ...outrageous

tennisluver99
How many bad calls did Serena get in the last game???? Just sick.

faste5683
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:57 AM
Surreal...straight out of the twilight zone. Now is the time to allow players to call for "shot-spot" during the course of a match. Two calls per set would be good. This is too freaking much.

Black Mamba.
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:59 AM
After this match I don't want to hear people talk about how ungracious the sisters are because even though she was cheated she was a good sportsman about it.

Diesel
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:00 AM
Actually you'll see how gracious Serena was. I came away with full respect for her after the match. Can't say the same for Jennifer.

treufreund
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:02 AM
in justine's case all she did was not give serena another first serve probably because she felt serena served when she was not ready. that is maybe slightly wrong but did not cost her a point that she had already won.

jenn had to know that was good and did nothing and therefore gained a 2 point ADVANTAGE IN THAT GAME!!!

1000 TIMES WORSE THAN ANY LITTLE THING JUSTINE DID!!!

maoui11111
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:07 AM
Yeah Serena was very gracious .. and that handshake was great..
I'm a Jennifer fan and personally I don't think she should be blamed for this, the lines judge called it in and the ump says advantage Capriati? I think they should've replayed the point at least..

MinnyGophers
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:12 AM
It was a fucking ATROCIOUS call and I nearly spit out my drink when the ump said Ad Jennifer. The chair ump was fucking awful. I dont think, however, that Jennifer should have said anything. Its her job to win, not to give Serena points. IMO its completely different then the RG issue with Justine too. Henin denied putting her hand up, while Capriati just let the bad call go.

off topic but Justine didn't deny anything. She didn't say anything nor was asked. Same thing for Jen (whether she knew it or not).

but i do agree that Jen should not be punished for the ump's bad calls ( who should get fired).
We have the freaking technology now, can't they use the freaking whatever thing they call to see if the ball was in or not??

I wanted Jenny to win, but I seriously feel bad for the WS. How much can you screw them up???
First Venus then Serena. I don't know what's going on , but seriously it is atrocious and undeserved.

Stefwhit
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:17 AM
There are classy folks and there are TRASHY folks- the players have clearly stated where they stand on the issue...

OK, I'm over it and I'm now ready to move on- LET'S GO DEMENTIEVA!!!!!!

Diesel
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:19 AM
Let's go Elena!!!!!

Deira
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:36 AM
Hi Jakeev. Thanks for your heartfelt words especially since I know Jen is one of your favorites.

Knizzle
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:26 AM
Great thread Jakeev. I think most WS fans don't want to believe there is something against the sisters, but are forced to believe it.

bandabou
Sep 8th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Long time waiting already for people to start seeing the light.

Lady
Sep 8th, 2004, 10:31 AM
I haven't seen the match! Just that point in the news! And it was so in!

Really sorry for Serena! :sad:

Dirty Sanchez
Sep 8th, 2004, 10:37 AM
I really need to see what happened in that match!!! I guess I'll end up seeing it tonight and I'll make my opinion then. ;)

alfajeffster
Sep 8th, 2004, 11:35 AM
I have been watching tennis since the mid 70s, and umpiring and officiating has progressively gotten better and more professional over the past 25-30 years, especially when you consider what it's like to try and call a ball skidding on a grass court, and there was a time not too long ago when they used to just pull volunteers out of the stands to call lines.

That said- that was the single worst point I have ever witnessed while watching the U.S. Open. Serena hit the ball down the line, it landed inside the line, not even on the line, and almost a foot inside the baseline. The lineswoman clearly put both hands down and indicated the ball was good. The umpire called the score incorrectly, and then when questioned about her mistake, made the decision to stand behind her mistaken score call instead of admitting to a scoring error. In my opinion, the umpire at that moment made the heinous decision to place her career before the correct call, and if she hasn't been fired already, should be. I felt so incredibly terrible for Serena Williams last night- I couldn't sleep. The rest of the close calls from that point on (IMO) were close calls, and could have gone either way, because the computer-generated "Hawk-eye" is just that- computer generated, and no one can tell me that each ball bounce is the same oval circumference measurement. It is a fucking shame what happened to Serena Williams last night, and it may very well have cost her the concentration to come back and win that third set. She concentrated well, kept her cool, but you could see she was close to tears a couple of times, and I'm glad the camera didn't stay with her because I would have been tempted to throw the TV through the window.

bandabou
Sep 8th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Dissapointing, really dissapointing.....I mean when a ball is sooooooooo obviously in and then you make a mistake but arenīt woman enough to face up to your mistake.