Jarrett
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:05 AM
Omg, Crazy!!!

~Cherry*Blossom~
What Happened!

thelittlestelf
WHAT A BITCH! Serena you HAVE to win now. I'm so fucking mad at that umpire :fiery:

tennisfan22
wtaworld got some new controversy to talk about for a year or two :rolleyes:

Havok
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:06 AM
Ted WATTS anybody?:retard:

PointBlank
Can ya tell me what happened .. I was cleaning the kitchen :p

lizchris
Her mistake may cost Serena the match and notice how Jennifer didn't say a damn thing and she saw it was in. If Serena ends up losing, I am rooting for Elena on Friday.

Jarrett
Yeah, that was jacked up.

Jakeev
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:07 AM
What the fuck is that stupid idiot doing? Can somebody kick her ass out of the chair?

Wigglytuff
how the hell did this happened?

poor serena!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

thelittlestelf
If I were Jen I would have sided with Serena, I mean that's really poor sportsmanship from Jen. I'm disappointed.

DA FOREHAND
that's why i don't trust anyone that as a line in thier face where thier lips should be

GoDominique
Explanation please. I want to join the argument without having seen what actually happened.

Thanks.

SJW
Serena hit the perfect backhand INSIDE THE LINE. far side of the court, the ump OVER RULED and called it OUT! unbelievable!

Cam'ron Giles
Jen should be ashamed of herself...Shameful...she saw it and did not say a word...I hope she lose...she would deserve it...I have no love for her now...Just when I was starting to like her...:mad:

esquímaux
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:08 AM
:retard: I suppose she's worked her last day at the open :bigwave:

WSfan
Another game where a Williams is cheated!!!! Jeez!!

Havok
it's 1 all, you can relax.:)

Jarrett
Her mistake may cost Serena the match and notice how Jennifer didn't say a damn thing and she saw it was in. If Serena ends up losing, I am rooting for Elena on Friday.
Oh please. I am sure Serena has seen MANY shots that were in and didn't say crap. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A PLAYER GIVE UP A POINT?

lizchris
Well, Serena just broke back, but that doesn't correct what happened.

WSfan
Serena better win this game!!! That call was just plain retarded!!!

SJW
Jen should be ashamed of herself...Shameful...she saw it and did not say a word...I hope she lose...she would deserve it...I have no love for her now...Just when I was starting to like her...:mad:

it would be lovely for Jen to fess up and tell the umpire she made a mistake, but you cant expect her to do that. Alves, on the other hand, is in for it.

thelittlestelf
Oh please. I am sure Serena has seen MANY shots that were in and didn't say crap. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A PLAYER GIVE UP A POINT?
Amy Frazier.

GoDominique
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:09 AM
That's funny indeed. :lol:

*hingis_forever*
Explanation please. I want to join the argument without having seen what actually happened.

Thanks.
:lol: :rolls:

SJW
Vera Zvonareva....

Cariaoke
Alves: YOU'RE FIRED!

Jarrett
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:10 AM
Amy Frazier.
Well then she is an angel. :worship: How did it happen?

Jarrett
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:10 AM
Vera Zvonareva....
Really? Another angel. :angel:

jpurkey1
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:11 AM
in jen's defense--NO ONE ever sides with an oponent on a line call, no matter what happens. that's what the linesman/woman is there for.

thelittlestelf
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:11 AM
That Umpire should be really ashamed.

Stefwhit
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:12 AM
It's just wrong.... there are no words!

cheesestix

The match isn't even over yet. :rolleyes:

But she did get ripped, big time. What do you expect Jen to say though? If anyone blame the chair umpire or the line judge (who made the right call, btw). Why didn't the line judge step up?

She cost Serena 1 POINT, that's all.

Knizzle
Dumbass ump, no sportsmanship from Jen, dumbass linesperson should have argued with the chair ump.

Yonexforever
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:13 AM
Capriati CLEARLY saw that in.. notice not 1 commentator even mentions that?

Jakeev
There better not be a single person in this joint that cannot say that the umpire fucked up and Jennifer did not see that shot.

Sorry but Serena was blatantly fucked over and now I am pissed as shit. If you want to pick a fight you better watch it cause I am about to throw my computer out my balcony.......

wongqks
The call is uncalled for, but Jennifer has no role in it, no one will ever complain coz the chance is that she is not gonna argue against her call, not anyone!

dorkgirl
The umpire was lucky that it wasn't replayed on the big screen.. That was an awful call. For the linesperson to call it good and to have it overruled by the umpire who is on the OTHER side of the court...

And then, maybe a couple of shots later Capriati hits a ball out, although not by much, then has the balls to shoot a death look at the linesman. I wonder if she'll have the nerve to claim she didn't see Serena's ball as in.

Cam'ron Giles
The thing is...Serena would have had AD...she won the next point and would not have been broken...:mad:

Stamp Paid
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:14 AM
Stupid.

Fucking.

Bitch.

If Serena loses this match on virtue of that break....................http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/firey.gif

LindsayRulez
omg i cant believe it. ive never seen serena like that and jen should have said something. that is just such bad luck for serena :( what a bitch that ump is

jbone_0307
Jennifer should really be ashamed of herself and I just want Jennifer to say she didn't know anything about the situation. She knew the ball was in because she stopped running after because it was a clean winner.

tennisfan22
Its ONE fucking point so chill already

PointBlank
Now people will say Jen didnt deserve the win if she does in fact win. Just like Miss Sprem said at Wimbledon its not her job to keep score,it is not Jennifers job to call lines.

Wigglytuff
Well, Serena just broke back, but that doesn't correct what happened.

this is so old bullshit, i cant believe this happening!!

tennisluver99
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:15 AM
Nothing new from Capriati, once a bitch always a bitch.

cheesestix
Why blame Jen? Like Serena would have stepped up and said "It was in! It was in! Give Jen the point!" if it would have been reversed? :rolleyes:

PointBlank
People its a damn point also! Like the point at Wimby the point did not cause Venus to lose she had many set points but didnt convert. Serena can battle back chill.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:16 AM
I can't deal with watching this. I'm gonna have a cigarette and try to sleep. I can't watch this match anymore, im too nervous!!!

SzavayFi
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:16 AM
OK sorry Jenny but with that call i cant help but pull for her.........these chair umpires r against the williams..........watts vs venus now this crazy ump against serena, what the heck is up with that?????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????? dont loose another game serena please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lizchris
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:17 AM
Serena seems so dejected.

I don't see how she is going to come back if she doesn't settle down.

tennisfan22
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:18 AM
Didn't Serena do something similar to this against Justine (? or some other player) at Wimbledon last year ?

lizchris
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:18 AM
People its a damn point also! Like the point at Wimby the point did not cause Venus to lose she had many set points but didnt convert. Serena can battle back chill.

This is 1,000,000 times worse than Wimbledon.

jpurkey1
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:19 AM
now it seems the lines people are making up for it by not calling serena's out balls on the baseline! when are they gonna automate this job?!?!?

esquímaux
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:19 AM
:rolls:

Stefwhit
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:20 AM
For those of you saying, "it's just one point, no big deal" you've either never played tennis or you're really new to tennis. Tennis is such a fukin' mental sport and something like that stays with and affects the way you play. I'll conceede that things like that can make a player even more determined and actually cause them to play better, while some players don't recover from something like that. In any case, regardless of who wins, it was wrong. And although it may not be Jenns job to call lines- situations like that say a lot about her character. There's no doubt about the kind of person Jenn is, she made it clear tonight.

selesfan
I can't even watch anymore, that ball was so in and the lineswoman made the right call. the ump shouldn't have overuled. Isn't she the same witch from RG 03?

SJW
Didn't Serena do something similar to this against Justine (? or some other player) at Wimbledon last year ?

nope, it was called in but she thought it was out. didn't argue. the call stood.

PointBlank
This is 1,000,000 times worse than Wimbledon.
Why? Serena couldnt have won the next point?

Yonexforever
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:21 AM
clearly 1 point can make a difference depending on WHEN in the match the error is made. Serena should have called for the referrere..but Alan Mills from Wimbledon would have come trotting out!

jbone_0307
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:21 AM
Unlike Jennifer, Serena and Venus would most definately given the opponent if they clearly saw the ball was out just like Jennifer did. It wasn't just a point idiot, it was a game. Serena won the point to get it to back to duece, when actuality it should have been GAME Serena :rolleyes:

SzavayFi
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:22 AM
I can't even watch anymore, that ball was so in and the lineswoman made the right call. the ump shouldn't have overuled. Isn't she the same witch from RG 03?
yeeeeeeeeeeeeep its her allright, i really dont like that woman, she should be shot........... :D :devil:

bandabou
That´s the thing.....it ain´t just ONE point, because at deuce every point is important. BUt alas...that´s the way things go.

selesfan
It was more than a point. Serena would have won the game.

b8beEbLu3
If Jen wins, I hope Dementieva crushes her ass in the semi's like Myskina did to her at the French.

Why didn't the linesperson step up and say she called the ball good?

SzavayFi
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:24 AM
If Jen wins, I hope Dementieva crushes her ass in the semi's like Myskina did to her at the French.

Why didn't the linesperson step up and say she called the ball good?
because the umpire overrulled it.............i think.......but serena has a BP here at 2-3 :tape: (uh oh i jinxed her)

jbone_0307
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:24 AM
If I were Serena, I wouldn't shake Jennifer or The Umpires hand. Right now, I feel sorry for the umpire because as of tomorrow, she is unemployed. :haha:

Wigglytuff
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:26 AM
If I were Serena, I wouldn't shake Jennifer or The Umpires hand. Right now, I feel sorry for the umpire because as of tomorrow, she is unemployed. :haha:

she should be fired, but will she!

pokey camp
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:26 AM
Bad calls are part of sports. Period. Serena still has a chance to have her say in the outcome of this match. Over the course of her career she's probably had THOUSANDS of bad calls go against her. And probably just as many for her. She's a fighter and is experienced in these things. Have faith Serena fans. Chill.

DarkCore
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:27 AM
I think it's stupid to blame either player for not speaking up more. Mental concentration is huge for tennis players--Capriati is not going to engage in a discussion unless she's dragged into one, nor is Serena going to ask for the referee. They both just moved on.

GoDominique
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:28 AM
Phew - Jen holds. The umpire should save her 2nd overrule for the next BP Jen faces. :)

Veritas
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:32 AM
For people who say "it's just one point", take note that this is a GS QF match. Every point matters and when a "professional" umpire and linesmen are there to tally the points and keep the rules in check, there should be no mistake. They are paid because they are "professionals". Neither Serena nor Jennifer should have to cop shit from the umpire's mistakes.

And I do not believe Jennifer should be blamed. Many other players in her position would have probably kept their mouth shut as well. It isn't right, but it isn't uncommon as well.

PointBlank
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:33 AM
It was more than a point. Serena would have won the game.
And she couldnt have got back from Deuce :shrug:

PointBlank
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:34 AM
yeeeeeeeeeeeeep its her allright, i really dont like that woman, she should be shot........... http://wtaworld.com/ubb/biggrin.gif http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/devil.gifOMG We should talk more..Thats my favorite saying http://wtaworld.com/ubb/tongue.gif.

Jarrett
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:35 AM
For people who say "it's just one point", take note that this is a GS QF match. Every point matters and when a "professional" umpire and linesmen are there to tally the points and keep the rules in check, there should be no mistake. They are paid because they are "professionals". Neither Serena nor Jennifer should have to cop shit from the umpire's mistakes.

And I do not believe Jennifer should be blamed. Many other players in her position would have probably kept their mouth shut as well. It isn't right, but it isn't uncommon as well.
Lines people are there to talley points. They are there to call in and out.

Mrs. Peel
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:37 AM
I am so sad for Serena!!!!! :sad: This really fucking sucks

MisterQ
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:37 AM
Both players are playing their hearts out right now with long, hard-fought rallies. it's really unfortunate that this match will be remembered by many for this controversy... :sad:

SJW
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:40 AM
I am so sad for Serena!!!!! :sad: This really fucking sucks

me too. this is heartbreaking

pokey camp
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:42 AM

In an ideal world of course they should. But that is the problem when you employ humans to do a job. They are not always going to turn in a flawless performance because.... wait for it... they are human.

I don't know how many of you are fans of other sports, but for me tennis is my secondary sport. My main sport is American football and over the years I've seen enough damaging bad calls to fill an encyclopedia. Bad calls happen, until the powers that be start employing computers and probably even then, it will remain a part of the game, good teams and good players understand that and don't it effect their play. The end.

Serena still has a say here, she is one of the greatest fighters to step on the court. The call is not a factor.

Wigglytuff
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:43 AM
And she couldnt have got back from Deuce :shrug:

she had already won that game she should have to win it again!

F-R-E-A-K
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:45 AM
WTF!!!!!!!! idiot!
She is a total IDIOT!! :fiery: :fiery:

Poor Serena, 3 really bad calls :fiery: :fiery: :sad:

CJ07
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:46 AM
When Venus hit an ace against Amy Frazier that was called out, she corrected it and lost the game

When Dementieva hit a forehand winner against Davenport that was called out, Davenport corrected it to go down game point

Them= Class
Jen= Trash

I hope Elena kicks her ass

Mr. Man
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:47 AM
Fucking dumbass umpire. Fire her.

Veritas
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:48 AM
Lines people are there to talley points. They are there to call in and out.

I know.

In an ideal world of course they should. But that is the problem when you employ humans to do a job. They are not always going to turn in a flawless performance because.... wait for it... they are human.

I acknowledge that umpires can make mistakes. That much is true. What I don't understand is why mistake cannot be scrutinised. Doing this will avoid many of these bad calls in the future.

I don't know how many of you are fans of other sports, but for me tennis is my secondary sport. My main sport is American football and over the years I've seen enough damaging bad calls to fill an encyclopedia. Bad calls happen, until the powers that be start employing computers and probably even then, it will remain a part of the game, good teams and good players understand that and don't it effect their play. The end.

True.

Serena still has a say here, she is one of the greatest fighters to step on the court. The call is not a factor.

If it stays in her mind, then it probably will be.

jbone_0307
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:51 AM
OMG This is just pathetic. That last game had 4 bad calls!! She is definately gone. CMON Elena!!!! Even Jennifer's 2nd serve called good, was out, and would have given her a break point and not to mention Serena won the point to get it to duece. If I were Serena I wouldn't have shaken Jennifer's hand and threatened the umpire by saying something like "You're gone". Quoted from Jennifer "I didn't really look at the ball" :rolleyes: The only reason she wouldn't have seen it because it whipped past her so fast.

baleineau
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:53 AM
temporary high for jennifer after this 'victory'. but the aftertaste of 'cheat' lasts a long time. people still look at henin-hardenne as someone who cheated her way to the Roland Garros title in 2002. it's not worth it. for what? one point.

hope elena crushes the cow in the semis. lindsay will wop her anyway should they meet.

Tennis Fool
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:53 AM
Serena hit the perfect backhand INSIDE THE LINE. far side of the court, the ump OVER RULED and called it OUT! unbelievable!
Actually I heard the play-by-play on Radio USOPen. The call was never over-ruled. That was the controversy.

pokey camp
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:54 AM
If it stays in her mind, then it probably will be.

If it stays in her mind, then that's a weakness in her. The great competitors don't let bad calls effect them. And Serena is one of the great competitors in tennis history. I just don't believe she would let something like this effect her. Now my sorry ass Red Sox? Absolutely, because they are that triffling. My currently sorry ass Niners. "For sure." But not Serena. Maybe, though I admit I'm not a fan, I respect her too much. Over the course of a GS champions receive many bad calls and they move on.

usatennis1
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:56 AM
3 MISSED CALLS in the final game!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

First Wimbledon, now the US Open!!!

jbone_0307
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:56 AM
And for Jennifer to say, "I deserve a call once in a while" that goes toward her, but shouldn't have. She just really needs to shut the fuck up. I hope they drill her ass in the press conference. OMG And then for her to say she won the game anyways, which is an excuse. Jennifer didn't and still hasn't won the match. Jennifer is full of bullshit and so is the umpire. I mean, are they doing this deliberately??? Atleast the crowd booed Jennifer when she said that. :rolleyes: Just pathetic.

jbone_0307
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:58 AM
And for Jennifer to lie just takes it to the next level

jbone_0307
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:59 AM
Oh definately the whole world will know and will void this win, believe me, especially if Jennifer wre to win the title.