PDA

View Full Version : My Us Open Experience

QUEENLINDSAY
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:05 PM
Report on Lindsay:

What a nice experience for me. I got there for three days from Saturday till Monday. I saw both Lindsay matches vs Bovina and Venus. Of course Iím the one you always hear screaming ďGO LINDSAY!!!!! Come on Lindsay!!!!!!!Ē I also saw her practicing everyday but she is so concentrated on this US Open that she hardly pay attention to fans for autographs. I got her autograph so quickly but I was not able to really talk to her coz fans are all around her. Though I managed to give her my printed message together with fellow Lindsay fans(joaco)message , I hope she reads them even after the tournament. I cant believed the way Lindsay is hitting the ball in practice. What you guys see in a match is just a portion of it. Of course in a real match she is more cautioned and a bit carefull than in practice. I saw her practicing serves and I count it literally for 16 straight first serves in that is so fast!!!!!!! Its also funny coz a lot of people are asking who is the guy returning Lindsay serves, guess what??? Its Jon Leach, though she is just blocking the balls but the Ladies are laughing saying that Jon didínt return a single shot, LOL!!!!!!! Iím really seeing a very motivated Lindsay right now, even people watching her are amaze coz she looks like a ball machine when she hits the ball with so much phase. I also saw Robert Landsdorp joking to her during practice when he was with Maria and Mirnyi practice on the next court.

Report on Capriati:

She is the most gracious player out there when it comes to autograph. She looks so fit during practice but I really hardly see her hitting the ball that well. Specially the forehand, its not the same shot Iím expecting. She always practice with a Junior male player in court 5. Iíll post her pics too after I sorted it out.

Report on Vera:

I just saw her match and her temper is really her problem. I cheered for her in her match against Elena and she actually plays really good until her temper strikes on her. GOD!!! I hate to see her crying in the match likes its over and trying to hurt her self with her racket. I have a picture of her in the practice court crying on the cell phone. People are joking around that she is calling her mom and crying coz she lose. Thanks to Bob Bryan, he can make her smile in her mixed doubles matches.

Report on Hingis:

OMG!!! She looks so pretty in jeans. She was coming out from the players entrance when I noticed her. I jump right away to see how beautiful she was. I rush to see on the US Open program if she has any photos there for autographs but there none, so I just let her sign my cap. She even told me ďYou guys still knows meĒ ,well ofcourse!!!!! I asked her to come back and she responded ďI wish I couldĒ. I cant believed people donít recocnized her that much coz right from the entrance she walks to the grounds and no one pays attention. I screamed right there ďHey guys!!!! Its Martina Hingis!!!! Then they all said where????? Lol!!!!! Martina is just so pretty!!!!! I got some pics too.

Report on Doubles between Patty/Babsi vs Hopkins/Washington:

I cant believed I sit right in front of Babsiís coach and right beside Jeniffer Hopkins parents. Babsi has a cold and not feeling good in that match right I heard from her coach but luckily, Patty is at her best!!!! So they won!!!!! I got pictures with them, I just duno if I post it coz Iím shy!!! Lol!!!!! One thing more, because of my very vocal support to Patty and babsi, Jeniferís parents left and move to another seat after the first set!!! Lol!!!!! Also after the match Patty payed attention to meet with a sick fan in wheel chair and she even get their phone numbers and took pictures with them.

I also saw both Williams practicing togethere right before Venus Lindsay match. Serena practices longer and none of them gives autograph after the practice. I also saw Justine practices but I didínt wait for her to finish coz I got maches to watch.

I still have a lot to tell, bear me with this post!!! This is just my most wonderful US Open experience coz I happened to meet a lot of players and of course Lindsay is the favorite!!!!!! Iím sure I forgot lots of things happened, these were just on the top of my mind right now.

Andrew.
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:08 PM
Yay Lindsay is turning into a machine. That's what she needs to do. Keeping the husband in line too.

Martina. :hearts:

MisterQ
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:32 PM
thanks for sharing your experience! glad you are having fun! :)

QUEENLINDSAY
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:36 PM
thanks for sharing your experience! glad you are having fun! :)
Yeah, I had a great time!!!

bigshow21
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:48 PM
Glad you had fun. I just got home today from the US Open! I am going to post in a minute about my experience. Any pics?

Celeste
Sep 7th, 2004, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the great report!! Post all the pictures!

SJW
Sep 7th, 2004, 11:25 PM
Serena practices longer and none of them gives autograph after the practice.

really? cuz at Wimbledon they signed forever after practice.

they must not like you guys then. anti american i say :)

bandabou
Sep 7th, 2004, 11:44 PM
Great to read that you had a blast!

Shenay La Soul
Sep 7th, 2004, 11:50 PM
Thank you! Reports written by fans are always fun (and more entertaining) to read. Keep them coming!

QUEENLINDSAY
Sep 8th, 2004, 12:41 AM
really? cuz at Wimbledon they signed forever after practice.

they must not like you guys then. anti american i say :)
I understand Venus and Lindsay did'nt bother at that time coz They have a match comming in while its Serena's day off and she still did'nt sign.
While kudos to Jen, she always have time to sign with or without a match.

Andrew.
Sep 8th, 2004, 12:43 AM
Serena did sign a ton of autographs when I saw her play.

QUEENLINDSAY
Sep 8th, 2004, 12:45 AM
Serena did sign a ton of autographs when I saw her play.
well, I must caught her on her bad day!!! maybe she hits bad during the practice, lol!!!!