PDA

View Full Version : the big Q: Nadya or Sveta .. who's got a better shot at Lindsay ?

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:42 PM
thats what it boils down to
like both, if i had to pick a choice from the heart, i'd be backing Nadya, but I just think Sveta would have a more realistic shot at Lindsay.
She moves better, serves almost as well
isnt as much of a headcase as Nadya

Sveta's FH is LETHAL, thats one big plus

Lindsay also 5-0 vs Nadya
then again so was Henin :devil:

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:45 PM
Sveta vs Nadya never met

Sveta never met Lindsay either if she makes semis

saying all this it would be :haha: if Asagoe were to win :tape:

DEETHELICK
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:49 PM
I say Sveta, purely because of the fact Lindsay hasn't played her and Sveta could surprise her. And she moves well as you say TBE.

I've never actually seen her play, but her game sounds good (except BH) and she must be great at the net.

I say Sveta, her form has been a bit more stronger and she handled a big hitter-poor mover (Pierce) just in the 4th round. She'll be better prepared.

2 Russians in the SFs, excellent stuff :D

vaiva
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:28 PM
Gamewise, Sveta, definitely. She has a much better return of serve. She moves better, can retrieve better and is better at turning defence into attack. IMHO.

However, she's never been at slam SF. And she can play an awful match after a great one, just like Nadya can.

Tough choice.

ys
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:30 PM
Sveta. Nadya has no shot.

cool_olga
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:45 PM
Sveta please win this!

AnDyDog621
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:50 PM
Sveta can run...and retrieve balls. I hope she wins just cause she can run. Does that make sense to any1 besides me?

tenn_ace
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Sveta, no doubt.

Gowza
Sep 7th, 2004, 11:36 PM
im not sure who would have a better shot at lindsay. nadia has a bad head to head but it was similar to her h2h against henin. with both lindsay and justine nadia has come close to beating them, taking them to 3 sets. saying that she didnt really look like she was playing all that great against henin, that was mainly due to her gameplan, hitting down the middle of the court, but against lindsay she will probably do the opposite and try and run her around, if the serve is on then she would have a shot against lindsay although in lindsay's form im not so sure. sveta does probably have a better game than nadia in-terms of playing lindsay. she can move well, she has a good serve, she has the forehand and she is consistent with her strokes.

i think sveta has a better chance against lindsay.

the cat
Sep 8th, 2004, 12:19 AM
I think Kuznetsova is the Russina with the biggest upside. She can serve in the 120's, has a top forehand, plays good defense and is a powerhouse. Svetlana is loaded with game. I just hope the doubles doesn't tire her out if she makes it to the semifinals.

Stephieva
Sep 8th, 2004, 12:55 AM
me thinks Sveta...

saab95
Sep 8th, 2004, 07:10 AM
Nadya's on fire and her 1 st service can be a problem.
But all the rest is for Sveta. She's more various, fis. & ment. stronger
and she's more classy.
So Sveta has much more chanses vs Lindsay.
the level vs Pierce would be enaugh to win

Daniel
Sep 8th, 2004, 07:15 AM
I go with Petrova, move much better than Sveta. and is on fire after beating Juju, but I dont mind if Sveta wins. They both deserve it.

TartarVicario
Sep 8th, 2004, 08:53 AM
I'm not sure.Nadia has experience more than Sveta but Sveta has speed and fatal forehand.Anyway best of luck Lana :D

bubble
Sep 8th, 2004, 09:23 AM
I think Sveta will win. She is quicker on the court in scrambling.
But my sentimental favourite will be Nadya, as her breakthrough grand slam is way over due.

CJ07
Sep 8th, 2004, 10:33 AM
did you not see RG '03!? :lol:

I say Svetlana probably has a better shot at Lindsay game wise, but Petrova has more experience.

So who knows

goldenlox
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Nadia was up a set and a break on Lindsay this spring.
Both Nadia and Sveta need to play these high pressure matches.
They both have to learn to focus on the tennis, and forget the stuff surrounding the match.