PDA

View Full Version : WIMBLEDON TICKETS

kazbeee
Mar 12th, 2002, 02:29 PM
Hi All

I am the happiest person on earth at the minute I got a letter on Saturday morning informing me that I had been succesful in the LTA Ballot for tickets.

I have been allocated 2 tickets for "No 2 Court on 03/07/2002"

Can anyone give some information or tips on going to wimbledon this will be my firt time

1. Do you still have to queue to get in for a long time even now I have tickets

2. Im guessing this court will have mainly doubles on is this right at this point in the competition

and if you have any other tips on going to this fantastic place please let me know

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I SO HOPE LINDSAY IS FIT ENOUGH TO PLAY

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 12th, 2002, 02:36 PM
If you have tickets you don't need to Q so u'll be fine, best to get there early if you want to see good action though.

Play starts around 12 but best court seats are taken up when they let you to courts around 1030.

If i were you get to Stairs on Top of court 3 from there you can see quite a few courts as well as Players moving in and out of their lounge (binoculars essential)

Court 3 on Top row you can see Court 2 as well just as easily.

RayRob
Mar 12th, 2002, 02:36 PM
Lucky Git!

I've been in the LTA for 3 years and never got allocated tickets! I hope you have a good time, sorry I can't offer you any advice as I've never been:sad:

I hope you meet Lindsay too:D

:wavey: Rachel

cooolconchita
Mar 12th, 2002, 02:37 PM
Congratulations! you'll love it i'm sure.
in reply, now you've got tickets, you go to the ticket holders entrace, which is waaaaayyy past the long queue, i have got there at around 11/30 for the past 5 years and never queued there, so i'm sure you'll be fine. if the weather has been really bad, then i'm sure there will be a singles on there - i remember a few quarterfinals being played on that court. other courts to go to are court 13, and one of my favourites, court 18 - you can get really close to the players. also, you just gotta take time out to have a massive slice of pizza, and a pimms and lemonade on the terrace - it's tradition!! have fun - i might see you there!

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 12th, 2002, 02:37 PM
3rd July is 2nd Wed so it will be less busy.

Lot of doubles and lots of juniors going on

There won't be singles on court 2 then unless rain delayed or could be a juniors match.

thefreedesigner
Mar 12th, 2002, 02:39 PM
If you have a showcourt pass, I guess you kind of feel obliged to watch those matches.... and you know it'll be one women's sandwiched in between 2 men's generally.

It's great to wander round the other courts.... but enjoy your passes kazbee! :)

kazbeee
Mar 12th, 2002, 02:44 PM
So if I have a pass for Court 2 does that mean I can watch any court other than Centre and No 1????

Thanks Rachel and if I bump into our Lindsay I will pass on your regard I do appretiate how lucky I have been this year I entered last year but only by letter not the LTA ballot so this is my first time in the ballot and I have been very lucky while Im there I will be thinking of all the TOPS members

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 12th, 2002, 02:46 PM
Kaz ..... come by train as well or parking could be awkward unless you buy a parking spot.

Food is :eek: :eek: (so best if you bring your own) to feed you not an army ;)
Hampers not allowed onto courts

kazbeee
Mar 12th, 2002, 03:28 PM
Thank TBE and thank you all for your comments but please keep em comming:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Gallofa
Mar 12th, 2002, 03:35 PM
Hey Kazbee, I am sure you are going to love it there! :D - with your tickets as people have already explained you don't need to do the queu, so you can just directly access through another gate, just ask, there are plenty of "honorary stewarts" (what a concept! ;)) around: guys of over 65 wearing a blue jacket and funny hat mostly... that will help you with any questions.

On the second wednesday it is not so crowded as the first week, so you probably won't need to fight for space in the outer courts, because yes, your ticket gives you access to Court 2 and all other courts save for Center and Court 1 where I am afraid most of the singles action takes place by the second wednesday. You can wander around the grounds though, see people training, eat pizza or pay 4 pounds (I think!) for a cup of strawberries and cream :D hehe.

Play starts at 12:00 so if you are there around 11:00 you can see players training, take a look at the courts and the whole stadium before the action starts...tthey let waaaay too many people in, so it can actually happen that you want to see a 1st round match and because AnnaK is featured as the 2nd round match on that court you won't be able to see the 1st round because people fill the court in advance, but that normally never happens in the second week, so don't worry about that UNLESS you are the one who wants to see Anna! ;)

PamShriverRockz
Mar 12th, 2002, 04:31 PM
Hey Bea, great advice there you seasoned campaigner you! ;)
Wimbledon is so much fun, I can't wait for it to start!

Kazbee - you're very lucky to get tickets throught the LTA. I've been a member for ages while my aunt has been for even longer and still hasn't had any! So congratulations!
The best is to be very aware about who is playing where and when so you don't miss your favs, and watch out if your awaiting doubles matches that they don't swap courts when singles finish quicker than expected...(as we found out rather a lot hey Bea??) And the practice courts are a good place to catch a few stars. Watch out, everything is very expensive!

But its still fun camping out ;)

Gallofa
Mar 12th, 2002, 04:52 PM
Said Sian, who came last year for a day, and we couldn't get rid of her until the second Thursday! :p ;)

-Sonic-
Mar 12th, 2002, 05:25 PM
if anyone read my post last night, i did get tickets - first thursdaty, court 1. yay!

I'm also trying to bribe people into queueing.

Vanity
Mar 12th, 2002, 05:27 PM
I attended Wimbledon in '98 and I found out that the best early round matches were on the outer courts!!!

PamShriverRockz
Mar 12th, 2002, 05:28 PM
hey! watch it Bea thats not true!!!
I came for two days ;) hehehee. :p
I hadn't camped out at Wimbledon before and I didn't realise how much fun it would be!

Take it as a compliment Bea! ;) :p

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 12th, 2002, 05:38 PM
Even I've had to camp out :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

wongqks
Mar 12th, 2002, 05:48 PM
Sonic the hedhodge

that is great, it is probably gonna be some real big star like agassi or sampras for men or any big women tennis star since centre court always reserve for Tim and Greg, so you probbaly get a better deal than centre court ;), people said first Wednesday is teh best coz teh match are tighter and most people are still in tournament, but expect to be very crowded on that day, have fun!!!

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 12th, 2002, 06:07 PM
Bes days to go are up until the 2nd Monday.
then the singles are down to just Main show courts.

But for me the 2nd week is alot more interesting :) thats when the juniors come out to kick some ass.

Martian Martin
Mar 12th, 2002, 11:34 PM
You'll have a brilliant time Kazbeee, I can assure you of that! :)

I went for the first time last year, got tickets through the ballot for the first Tuesday on Centre Court. :). Then queued up for the next two days and just went round the outside courts and up to the practice courts! :)

For the LTA ballot, this was the first year I was in it, I got a letter back today saying that I've been placed on the reserve list for tickets, but a few weeks ago I got tickets through the ordinary ballot for the men's final! :). 2 tickets for the men's final, £138 for the two so doesn't come cheap, but well worth it, once in a lifetime opportunity! :). I might have a spare ticket going if anyone's interested ;).
I'm also going down for the first 4 days of the Championship, as Eggy says it's the best time to go because a lot of top players on the outside courts and also more chance of seeing your faves. :)

kazbeee
Mar 13th, 2002, 11:45 AM
Hi Martin

Good luck with the reserve list you can only hope as i did and have been really lucky. I never even thought of applying for the public ballot as well as the LTA ballot as I thought you could have only one entry per address any way you learn something new every day and I will be entering both next year.

Hope your successful

Kaz

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 13th, 2002, 11:57 AM
reserve list isn't that bad but for finals i guess there will be alot of takers

I once got in with a list # of 1600 some years ago.

All4Williams
Mar 13th, 2002, 12:08 PM
I got my court no. 1 tickets on Friday. I cannot wait. I am praying that I get to see Venus and/or Serena!

From London very easy: The best way to get their is by Underground and then either walk or take a bus. Its on the Piccadily line.

thefreedesigner
Mar 13th, 2002, 12:15 PM
I think you want the green line (the district) not the piccadilly (dark blue line).

The easiest station is actually Southfields not Wimbledon South Wimbledon or Wimbledon Park (which is on the Northern Line.)

It's about 10 mins walk from Southfields. Ooh, I'm getting excited already!

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 13th, 2002, 01:19 PM
District Line (Green) will get you there

Kaz .... if you're coming from Manchester by train, it'll take you to Euston Station.

The Underground is around 5 mins walk ( you have to go outside but its not far)
Take Circle Line to Edgware rd ... from there you can catch the District Line to Wimbledon direct or you may have to change at Earls Court.

Kaz..... you should come down in week 1 thats when all the fun is.

kazbeee
Mar 13th, 2002, 01:36 PM
TBE thanks for all your advice Im taking note of it all ;)

I would love to go down in the first week but Im not sure I can get any time off work for the ticket I have for Wednesday of the second week so I know I won't be able to get leave from work for the first week as well - but I have my resignation typed out ready to hand in if they refuse to let me have any time off. Wimbledon is much more important than work:cool: :cool:

-Sonic-
Mar 13th, 2002, 06:40 PM
i'll be going to euston too :cool: