PDA

View Full Version : Serena Is The Only Top 4 Women's Seed Left At The USO

lizchris
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:22 PM
The way people were talking on TV, you woud have tought she would have been the first to go.

udachi Elena
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Serena shouldn't be a top four seed... So IMO Lindsay is the only top seed left...and she will win this tourney!

lizchris
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:28 PM
Serena shouldn't be a top four seed... So IMO Lindsay is the only top seed left...and she will win this tourney!

Serena derseved the special ranking and she got it. Lindsya is number five, so deal with it. The way Serena is playing, do you think most of the players would have wanted her seeded ninth? Especially Lindsay would probably have been in teh same quarter as Serena?

Jakeev
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:32 PM
The way people were talking on TV, you woud have tought she would have been the first to go.

Hmmm there you go hearing things in that dillusional brain again. Who on tv has thought Serena would be the first to go?

I'm wondering when you are sitting at your computer writing this crap down do you quickly glance around your house thinking you see pixies or ghosts?

lizchris
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:36 PM
Hmmm there you go hearing things in that dillusional brain again. Who on tv has thought Serena would be the first to go?

I'm wondering when you are sitting at your computer writing this crap down do you quickly glance around your house thinking you see pixies or ghosts?
This was analysis before the Open based on her Wimbledon performance, which made no sense.:rolleyes:

WSfan
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:36 PM

As she hasn't been playing for quite a while now. And I did expect her to be kicked off at the earlier rounds since she hasn't played for a while and her knee is still not well. But I'm happy she made it to the quarters!! I hope she beats Capriati again tonight, no matter in two or three sets. I just want her to win!!! Go Serena!!!!!!! But also good luck to Cappy! :bounce: :bounce:

lizchris
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:39 PM
As she hasn't been playing for quite a while now. And I did expect her to be kicked off at the earlier rounds since she hasn't played for a while and her knee is still not well. But I'm happy she made it to the quarters!! I hope she beats Capriati again tonight, no matter in two or three sets. I just want her to win!!! Go Serena!!!!!!! But also good luck to Cappy! :bounce: :bounce:

Plus, she was advised not to play and she was the only top 4 seeded player not to play at the Olympics.

WorldWar24
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Serena is by far the most reliable player to more or less, live up to her seeding, even though she's been upset in every tournament this year bar miami. But Davenport is very steady too :)

GoDominique
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:41 PM
Serena derseved the special ranking and she got it.
Yes, Serena deserved her special ranking. And what about her special seeding?

Jakeev
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:45 PM
This was analysis before the Open based on her Wimbledon performance, which made no sense.:rolleyes:

Sorry but you are downright wrong this time. There is not a single smart tennis expert who even thought Serena would be gunned down early at the Open.

If you can prove that people were stupid enough to think that I strongly suggest you provide facts.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Does this mean that Serena is the defending champion?

Pureracket
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:20 PM
Regardless of the seedings, I kinda think that Serena wishes she had LD's draw. . .lol

bandabou
Sep 7th, 2004, 11:05 PM
Sorry but you are downright wrong this time. There is not a single smart tennis expert who even thought Serena would be gunned down early at the Open.

If you can prove that people were stupid enough to think that I strongly suggest you provide facts.

when people complain about her special seeding, then they think that she isnīt likely to live up to it, no?!

But here she is: complain and moaning aside...no.1 seed and defending champion?! Lost in 4th round...first time in like 30 years.

no.2 seed?! Lost in round 2..

Only the no.3 seed even MATCHED Serenaīs performance despite all the moaning.

udachi Elena
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Serena derseved the special ranking and she got it. Lindsya is number five, so deal with it. The way Serena is playing, do you think most of the players would have wanted her seeded ninth? Especially Lindsay would probably have been in teh same quarter as Serena?
No Serena doesn't deserve the special ranking.. That ranking isn't supposed to be given to you for every tournament you play. But arguing with you is always a waste of time. Jen outplayed serena. Get over it.

WorldWar24
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:49 PM
when people complain about her special seeding, then they think that she isnīt likely to live up to it, no?!

But here she is: complain and moaning aside...no.1 seed and defending champion?! Lost in 4th round...first time in like 30 years.

no.2 seed?! Lost in round 2..

Only the no.3 seed even MATCHED Serenaīs performance despite all the moaning.

Serena was the #3 seed and lost in the 5th round. Myskina was the #4 seed and lost in the 2nd round :) . Mauresmo was the #2 seed and lost in the 5th round :)

Thanks