PDA

View Full Version : i'm very proud of elena.... and very sad for amelie

gmak
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:05 PM
well done lena :worship: :yeah:
i'm so proud of you :hug:

29/31 at net too :eek: :D fantastic
more UE but more winners too :) she was the better player

amelie :hug: :sad: so sad to see you lose.. if you were playing anyone else i would be rooting for you

about that no1 thing... David Mercer on Eurosport said he talked to the WTA officials and they said that Amelie was not guaranteed the top spot even if she had won :confused:

*JR*
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:44 PM
about that no1 thing... David Mercer on Eurosport said he talked to the WTA officials and they said that Amelie was not guaranteed the top spot even if she had won :confused:Without a Slam, it would have been yet another mental demon haunting her anyway. And Loic Courteau was in a long 1-1 chat with a younger prominent player, so he appears to want to jump ship... or would be forced to "walk the plank" if she lost the USO (or YEC @ the minimum, now that she'll still be Slamless).

DEETHELICK
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:55 PM
I'm proud of her too. She is a gutsy fighter. Amelie is lovely, commiseration to all hr fans. She was just SO gracious in defeat. I hope both Elena and Amelie win a Slam soon :)

Stephieva
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:57 PM
Yes...damn proud of Lena..
me saw Lena playing VeraZ at USO...
me already proud of Lena's fighting spirit...:hearts:
But today...no word could describe how proud and happy I am...:D:D:D
I'm damn proud of Lena and also of being her fan....

And Momo...me likes her quite a lot..
she is a great person...:hearts:
Good luck next tourny Momo..:bounce:

StarDuvallGrant
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:58 PM
I am not much of a fan of either players. It's a case of disliking Elena less than Amelie really, but I liked what I saw in Elena. I liked how she didn't give up and fought even not feeling well. Great drama and tennis.

deminator
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:58 PM
Make that three of us!!!!

Proud to be a Lena D fan!!!!

Andrew.
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:01 PM
Lena put up an amazing fight, through injury, sickness, and the #2 player. She really proved again what kind of an amazing player she is.

StarDuvallGrant
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:04 PM
Well Lena shows what kind of a player she is even without a killer serve. Just think how much better she would be with a better serve.

Julian
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:50 PM
Thats exactly how felt..

its like watching Lindsay vs. Venus..I did NOT want either player to lose..but it had to happen..

I am ecstatic for Elena..but Momo..this is just not the right time YET...

RAA
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:52 PM
I have to say that I admired Elena's fight. I am not particularly a fan of her (and it HURTS to watch her serve) but her groundies are really great.

poor amelie.. but for some reason it doesn't surprise me..