PDA

View Full Version : Dementieva upsets Mauresmo 4-6 6-4 7-6

bmxbandit
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:31 PM
I really am not a fan of Dementieva...but it truly is breaking my heart seeing her cry and struggle like this. I think she pulled an abdominal muscle or something, as she was complaining about her stomach.

But she is a fighter and I hope she pulls this one out. Here's a :kiss: for all Elena fans, as I really feel for you.

COME ON ELENA!

-------------
EDIT: AND SHE DID IT!!! :bounce:

Spunky83
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:38 PM
I don´t think it´s a muscle thing. The commentator also said she had stomach aches which comes from dehydration. The physio woman also gave her some kind of carbon (?...how do you call it?) to eat.

No matter who wins...good fight for sure;)

WTF Tour
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:39 PM
:rolleyes: She sure is hurt right now.

bmxbandit
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:39 PM
She has an upset stomach.

She is going for her shots though. I really hope she wins this one.

bmxbandit
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:40 PM
And she gets a bad call at 0-15. Poor Elena!

Jasmin
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:41 PM
She really needs to make sure she stay hydrated during this matches because she's going to have to fight. Her other game must really be good with that serve. I was expecting Momo to get through this easier. Little do I know. Elena's a fighter.

Spunky83
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:41 PM
Oh man...I hate it that the USO has Tier-Breaks in the last set!!!

This match doesn´t deserve a "forced" ending!

jenglisbe
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:43 PM
Whatever - she ain't sick or injured. She's running like it's the first game of the match.

bmxbandit
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:44 PM
Holy crap, she's giving everything she's got in these shots.

5-1 ELENA!

SWP
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:44 PM
dementieva will win tie break for sure, cos mauresmo will choke!

Smackie
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:46 PM
5 match points

Smackie
and won.

bmxbandit
ELENA!!!!!!!!! Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Keith
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:47 PM
Wow.

SWP
Mauresmo world no1 :tape:

TheBoiledEgg
Elena :hug: that was gutsy :)
Lena :D :) well done ;)

Havok
:tape:

bandabou
Momo...the choker in action again!! Led in the second, led in the third...and guess what?! Still lost!!

CJ07
congrats Elena!

There will be two Russians in the SF of the Us Open!!

Nabalonge
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Congrats Elena!

lizchris
15 dobule faults by Elena D. and she still wins!

The only person who will keep her out of the final is Serena!

TatiAnnahølic
great match and really deserved win Elena! :kiss: :D :D :worship:

fluffydreamcloud
Well played Elena! :yeah: :)

jonny84
I'm so happy for Elena - she worked hard out there even though she called trainer numerous times! Her dedication payed off!

shap_half
Win the title, Elena!!! :bounce: so happy for her!!!!!!!!!

Tylane
LAMENTABLE, PITOYABLE AMELIE WHO NEVER WON'T WIN SOMETHING IN HER CARRIER :fiery:

Both players didn't deserve to win, mauresmo because of his mental (and his fear of winning), dementieva for her pathetic serve !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CRAP PLAYERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pengwin
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:49 PM
Unbelievable match, I hope Elena does some serious kicking in the next few rounds to do a russian hat-trick

lolas
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:50 PM
Elena-you're an unbelievable player. A TOP player even with that serve. Great match and two great players. Keep your head high Amelie!

*JR*
Only a miracle will save Loic Courteau's ass as Momo's coach, now. (But as reported B4, he was conducting a "mutual interview" while Amelie was elsewhere, according to a well-placed source. So he may not even last the season).

bw2082
:worship: Elena :worship:

She really showed great heart and fight today

You just gained a new fan today :D

GoDominique
Congrats Elena, great effort. :D

Yes, Amelie choked.
At 4-5 in the 3rd, she had a great service game. 5-5.
Then, all of the sudden, she decides to come in with EVERY RETURN, against Elena, one of the best passing-shot player. She loses that game - OF COURSE. :rolleyes:
In the TB, at 2-1, THE SAME.

:cuckoo:

Mrs. Peel
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:51 PM
Another major shocker...I really enjoy Amelie as a player but earning the #1 spot after this loss well :tape:

What is she thinking out there? :confused:

WorldWar24
29 out of 31 POINTS WON AT THE NET :eek:

DEMENTIEVA WAS JUST GLORIOUS TODAY :D

Does anyone else get the feeling that if she didn't hit 15 double faults per match, she would roll over any top player in the world? :)

kosmikgroove
Allez Elena!! :hearts:

Zhao
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:52 PM
Alyona :sad: u dunno how happy i m for u...

Cam'ron Giles
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:52 PM
A gutsy performance...perfect tie break...:D
Side bar...Her English has gotten so much better...very well spoken...:worship:

Momo, world number one...:rolleyes:

fluffydreamcloud
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:53 PM
I only saw the first set...I had a feeling Elena might pull it out, she was going for it more.

Do Momo have any leads, or chances to win??

Hantuchov
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:54 PM
OMG, I still cant believe! :bigcry:

So proud of her :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Very well done Alyona, today was the best match I've seen her playing. It's a pity Momo had to lose to her again, I also like her, but Alyona really deserved to win, she fought more and the result was very fair :D :D :D

Thank you Alyona, for making my day! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Take a good rest for your SF match, and I really hope you're ok and wont need to withdraw from your doubles match with Ai.

Congratulations! :yeah: :hearts: ;)

Stamp Paid
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:54 PM
I love how Serena's draw has opened up! If she can get past her archnemesis, I'm feeling good about babygirl's chances!

bubble
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:55 PM
That was a rather strange match...
But Elena has really kept her focus on despite all that is bothering her...

Congrats Elena!

Felt pity for Momo though... so close to No. 1 ...

Davenport Rock$
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:55 PM
I'm not a big fan of Elena or Amelie, but I just don't get why Amelie kept coming to the net in the TB trying to volley with that extreme topspin grip. All of her volleys were popups, I don't know if it's pressure or what. Like I said, I'm not a Elena/Amelie-fan, but the way Amelie played really got on my nerves. Dementieva on the other hand has the heart of a Lion.

Havok
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:56 PM
How about those returns from Mauresmo.:drool::lol:

KV
Great and risky display, Elena you were fabulous :bounce: :) :D

Jakeev
Extroardinary match by Elena. I mean she really, really wanted to win this match more than Amelie did.

Bad serving aside, Elena clearly dominated Amelie on key points. Not sure she will get by either Serena or Jennifer but I totally respect her effort today.

fabifan#1
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:57 PM
so who has a chance to be #1??

foul_dwimmerlaik
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:58 PM
Brilliant, Lena! Brilliant, Lena! That was the match ofthe year from her, I think. And Amelie! What a skill, what a spirit! My sincerest congrads for both girls!

fleemke³
Great victory Elena :kiss:

the cat
Well done Elena! :D That's a great win over Mauresmo. :) But I think Elena will have to play better to be in her semifinal match let alone win it.

SJW
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:59 PM
OMGGGGGGGGGGG what a match!!!!! Elena congrats i hope you get to meet Serena in the semis!!!!!!!! :hearts:

better luck next time Amelie :)

SerenaSlam
29 out of 31 POINTS WON AT THE NET :eek:

DEMENTIEVA WAS JUST GLORIOUS TODAY :D

Does anyone else get the feeling that if she didn't hit 15 double faults per match, she would roll over any top player in the world? :)
not serena :lol:

XaDavK_Kapri
I'm happy for Elena and sad for Amélie. I hate having these mixed feelings. Elena needed this to restore some confidence and Amélie needed it to GET some confidence... Her time will come, soon hopefully. THe only problem is that by the AO next year, everyone will be back. It will get tougher and tougher. Hopefully Amélie can also get tougher and tougher.

strato
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:00 PM
What can I say ?

Our girl is definely so amazing !!!

We love you, Lena !!

alfonsojose
If Lindsay can't reach final Momo still has a chance :)

tom2791
Well DOne Elena! This is so good!

pixy75
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Bravo, Elena.
I wish she gets first gland slam title!:bounce:

bandabou
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Never seen someone as brainless as Momo....Momo was coming in after every return while the ball was hit RIGHT at Elena...I mean, can someone be more stupid?!

And Momo´s return.....I mean, look how many second serves Elena had to serve...no way, should she be winning against a wanna-be no.1 player.

Doc
Amazing!

The match was full of errors. Elena's serve was awful as usual (at one point the commentator said " a good twelve year old serves faster than that"), - but Momo's serve was nearly as bad!!!

At the end of the match it looked like Elena was dying on her feet. She slumped to the ground once after missing a shot, but somehow she fought to pull this match out.

The dominant shot of the match was Elena's forehand - which Amelie had no answer to. Once Elena hit a big forehand that was usually it, and Amelie's main tactic was to keep to the backhand, whih limited her game and serving variety.

As people say, how far would Elena go if her serve wasn't such a HUGE liability.

Well done Elena.

sartrista7
Amazing match. A total emotional rollercoaster. Lena showed so much heart and fighting spirit out there :hearts:

SJW
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:04 PM
omgggggg that match has got me pumped, serving and volleying behind that serve is the funniest thing ever :lol: she has the passing shots of a genius, and if she had a serve she'd be right up there, with the #1 and slam challengers...

im kinda pissed that the two top faves of mine left in the draw can only meet in the semis :mad: but i hope for a Serena-Nadia/Sveta final :inlove:

SWP
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:04 PM
We just have to hope davenport wins the us open, otherwise the most ridiculous thing ever will happen in tennis - mauresmo world no1, really does sound like someone's taking the piss.

sartrista7
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:05 PM
In a way, Lena's serving woes may have contributed to the rest of her game being so good - because it had to be. If she'd been able to get away with a semi-decent serve all these years, do you think she'd've sharpened up that forehand to be as lethal as it was today? Her passing shots were sublime, in the bullet-like sense of the word.

TonyP
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:06 PM
I am not really a fan of Mauresmo, feeling she in some ways is over rated. But I was ready to give her credit for not choking a big one this time. But I spoke too soon. She apparently thought the match was over at 6-6 in the third, because she all but left the court during the tie-breaker.

Only getting one point? That's pathetic.

Well done Elena! Go on now and win the whole thing!

Janet
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:07 PM
So I guess MoMo won't get the #1 spot know that she lost in the quater, it goes direct to Linsday.................oh boy if that is the case linsday is laughing at this US OPEN but even if linsday lose in the semi or final she still will get the #1 spot some correct if I'm wrong...........too bad MoMo lost!!! she really chokes I guess she does not want a grandslam bad enough...............

TennisSTUD
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:07 PM
That was sad. Amelie looked like she knew how to hit her shots but didn't know how to play tennis. She did nothing to push Elena, and didn't take adavantage of 60 mph serves...she stayed behind the baseline!!!:smash: :confused: :mad: :banghead: :zzz: :shrug:

All the props in the world to Elena...even though it was a tight match Elena kicked her ass.:worship: :clap2: :yeah: :yippee: :woohoo: :bowdown:

Doc
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:08 PM
Momo was playing too defensively again. All those loopy balls Elena just teed off on, and with the serve not working Elena could break almost at will. I agree that Amelie seems to freeze mentally in these situations and keep on making the same mistakes.

TennisSTUD
Lindsay has to win it to become #1

Dava
Great Win Elena :bounce:

Lachrymarum
Great job, Lena!! I can't tell you how excited I am!! I'm thrilled that I remembered to tape the day session today!! Now I have something to look forward to watching later!!
Congrats, once again!
;) :D :) :worship:

flyingmachine
Momo lost. :bigcry:
Despite of that well done Elena. She have play better tennis and her serve has truely improve I'm impress with her which suspise me. :)

SJW
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:10 PM
In a way, Lena's serving woes may have contributed to the rest of her game being so good - because it had to be. If she'd been able to get away with a semi-decent serve all these years, do you think she'd've sharpened up that forehand to be as lethal as it was today? Her passing shots were sublime, in the bullet-like sense of the word.

i reckon she's the best second shot striker out there...the way she can put in a 57 mph serve then be there for the next ball and turn attack into defence is amazing. if it is Serena vs Elena...we could see an awesome "attack of the serve" vs "attack of the returns" matchup

lolo21
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:10 PM
momo choked agains,not even a surprise now :o :o

so it s another slam-less year for amelie,well perhaps she ll begin to think that she must change something in her game or attitude

well this said i m not surprised that she lost ,she played here as bad as she played in the olympics (she was easily beaten by a justine who clearly isn it still at her best, i said that before she lost here in US open)

Hawk
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:11 PM
The commentators said the only way Lindsay takes #1 is if she wins the USO.

I gotta say Momo as world #1 seems very weird..anyhoo..Great match :D

I :worship: Elena for pulling this out even though she was clearly suffering pretty badly near the end.

esquímaux
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:13 PM
:lol:

Mathijs
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:13 PM
i cannot describe what i feel right now, was just about to cry from happiness :bigcry: Lena you made not only me very proud but also all your fans :yeah: i'm really proud of your fighting spirit today, i just thought you were going to win :D
you really made my day complete, thanks :worship: :worship:

bandabou
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:14 PM
Her game just isn´t big enough....too much conchitanism in it....moonball after moonball. She needs to start GOING for her shots more.

SWP
Mauresmo has just as much chance of winning a grand slam as me! The chances are 0. IMPOSSIBLE!

Aphrodite
Well I am not that suprised Elena has the weapons to win, and the attitude by far, if it wasnt for her serve she would have dominated, Amelie doesnt deserve to be number 1, I have nothing against her but she is very beatable she almost seems overated, she is too one demensional and too defensive, she doesnt take risks or play like a champion, Amelie has her biggest chance to be number 1 in a very inconsistent year by the top players, I mean she deserves it but for being consistent. Congrads Elena you played your heart out if only that serve improves. Good luck Amelie and I hope you start playing like a champion and maybe do something to power up your game, its just wierd how someone as big as amelie plays with moonballs and such a style wow....

Spunky83
Ok, I wrote some nice things about this match, but then my computer just crashed...

basically :worship: to Elena, sorry for Momo!

We should consider making a new tennis-term for Elena: "Dementieva - Breaking for set/match" and the stat "Slowest Serve" (57 mph :cool: )

In my opinion this was the best match I´ve seen so far at this year´s open and correct me if I am wrong, but there hadn´t been really tense and close matches so far.

Congrats Elena!!! No matter how bad her serve was (again), her overall game was high class! Semis again for her at a GS, maybe this time she can go all the way, how weird would that be?

Stamp Paid
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:15 PM
not serena :lol:
http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/thumb.gifhttp://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/kiss.gif

Joana
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:16 PM
Elena totally deserved to win this match. Well done. :worship:

But Amelie... :shrug: Well, better luck next time. But how many next times are there going to be?

udachi Elena
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:16 PM
Elena did so well!! Way to hang in there and fight girl!!! Keep it up!! Rest up for the semi on Friday!! What a good match....apart from all those service breaks, but that comes with being a fan of elena:)

SWP
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:18 PM
I'm really beginning to wonder if i have more chance of winning a grand slam than mauresmo. :tape:

sartrista7
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:20 PM
i reckon she's the best second shot striker out there...the way she can put in a 57 mph serve then be there for the next ball and turn attack into defence is amazing. if it is Serena vs Elena...we could see an awesome "attack of the serve" vs "attack of the returns" matchup

You think Justine is better? Wow :p

Elena has the best forehand on tour hands down, that's for sure.

Thanks Joy :D I'll cheer on Serena tonight for you and Sarah, yeah? Just as long as she loses to Lena in the semis ;)

udachi Elena
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Elena has an amazing ground game, and if she can win with those serves! more power to her!

Shooter
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:23 PM
http://www.mfwweb.com/tennis/Misc/Shooter.jpg

http://www.mfwweb.com/tennis/SD03/Dementieva_01.jpg

raquel
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Poor Amelie :sad: Credit to Elena, she took chances and went for her shots.

I am not even a huge Amelie fan but I was literally physically suffering watching the end of that third set! I was willing her on to just relax and let go on a few shots but she was so tense and played too safe. What struck me was how far Amelie was standing back on even Elena's second serves. Serena or Lindsay would have been well inside the baseline and killing those serves. I hope one day Amelie can put it all together, I really do.

SJW
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:25 PM
You think Justine is better? Wow :p

Elena has the best forehand on tour hands down, that's for sure.

Thanks Joy :D I'll cheer on Serena tonight for you and Sarah, yeah? Just as long as she loses to Lena in the semis ;)

alex if that was sarcasm then im sorry, i'm emotionally empty :lol: best second-shot striker...the shot after the serve...she's the best..if you were being facetious, then my bad :lol:

cheer on Serena if u want, but if she loses, i'll blame it on u and i'll be after your balls on a plate, m'dear :p

btw, do people think Elena is mentally weak cuz that serve is shocking, or mentally strong because those strokes are fucking awesome and they don't break down because of her serve? :confused:

udachi Elena
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:25 PM
Mentally Strong:)

strato
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:28 PM
If only Elena had a decent serve, she would be unbeatable !
It's a torture to watch her serving, but who cares when she's winning !?

spec7er
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:28 PM
Momo just didn't play the big points with authority. It's okay to rush the net when receiving if the return was good but most of her returns were well...
Props to Elena for unleashing on her shots when it was needed. Her serve was awful though. At the latter stages of the 3rd set she was just rolling it over the net. Lo and behold Momo didn't capitalize on those serves. Momo just really hits so many short balls when she gets tight. Add to that her shots are riddled with topspin. She was bound to be hurt by the punishing groundstrokes of Dementieva. Everytime Momo could unleash her own shots, she'd hit it short allowing Elena to close in on the baseline and hit a winner or a shot that results into a weak reply. Amelie is getting there, little by little. I thought she wouldn't hold her nerve to get it into a tiebreak, especially after the atrocious service games she had in the third set.

sartrista7
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:29 PM
alex if that was sarcasm then im sorry, i'm emotionally empty :lol: best second-shot striker...the shot after the serve...she's the best..if you were being facetious, then my bad :lol:

cheer on Serena if u want, but if she loses, i'll blame it on u and i'll be after your balls on a plate, m'dear :p

btw, do people think Elena is mentally weak cuz that serve is shocking, or mentally strong because those strokes are fucking awesome and they don't break down because of her serve? :confused:

Oops, I misread your first post as 'second best shot striker' - I see what you mean now, sorry!

I am genuinely going to cheer on Serena. Fatriati bores me senseless, and Serena looks great in her new outfit for the first time in her life. I am loving the dominatrix top.

Lena's a classic Russian headcase. She'll fight to the end and she'll never give up, but when her game is off or the serve is particularly bad, her control over her strokes just unravels completely and she never knows how to regain it.

WSfan
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:32 PM
Wow another upset, that's got to suck for MOMO a lot. She's been choking so many times, if she could just get her head together no doubt she would win a major. But on the other hand, I thought Elena was awesome today, she moved well. And obviously the better player won. Good luck to Elena in the next round.

tennischick
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:36 PM
i disagree with those of you who saw a choke. i don't think Momo choked -- she actually played quite well. but the Demented Diva was not to be denied -- her tiebreak was awesome!!! congrats Elena.

griffin
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:40 PM
fspc!

Ok, now that that's out of my system...I couldn't watch the match, so I can't say anything about how well they played, or whether or not Momo choked, but I do want to say "congratulations" and "good luck" to Dementieva. I hope either she or Lindsay goes home with the trophy.

MinnyGophers
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:42 PM
Momo didn't choke. The match was actually quite close, and Lena was just on fire today.
Amelie needs to believe in her own strength , or she will never win a slam.
If she can pull it all together, the big one will come for sure.

Leo_DFP
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:45 PM
A US Open classic!

Dementieva played brilliantly for most of the last set and half. I'm so happy for her. Good luck in the next round, Elena.

Sonja
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:47 PM
Congratulations Elena!

Shenanigans
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:48 PM
Congrats to Lena D, sorry for Momo but the caravan moves on.

beauty_is_pink
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:18 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship: YAY LENA!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Linnie
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Amélie :banghead: :help: :timebomb:

Congrats to Elena :)

gmak
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:39 PM
well done lena :yeah: :hearts: :hug: i've never given up on you
apart from those 13 DF a great performance :yeah:

and 29/31 at the net is just :drool:

and much needed points considering she has quite some points to defend next two weeks ;)

better luck next time momo :hug:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:42 PM
Keep it up, Lena!!

And congratulations to the new world #5!!

bw2082
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:44 PM
waiting for Esquimax's "Should Amelie Retire" thread :devil: :lol:

DEETHELICK
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:01 PM
Awesome match, a real thriller. At the end, Elena seemed to be rolling in her serves purely from sickness and her thigh, not getting the necessary push up.

However if you saw Elena serving in set 2, you would have seen the serve that only the practice courts have seen so far. Variety, pace and no slice on both 1st and 2nd serves.

She is a fighter and RG has made her a tougher person today. Use this experience to take the USO :)

Amelie was so gracious in defeat. She is a lovely, classy lady who knew she missed some opportunities, but had the heart to give Elena a very warm exchange.

I hope both Elena and Amelie win a Slam soon :)

BoucharDRules
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:08 PM
:yippee: :bigclap: :clap2: :bounce: :hearts:

Great match Elena! Even though I couldn't handle the stress of watching the end of the third set, you pulled off a remarkable win!

I'm so glad that the tv audience got a chance to see the true power of Dementieva!

Elena....http://www.celebstation.org/gfx/smileys/0191.gif http://www.celebstation.org/gfx/smileys/0191.gif http://www.celebstation.org/gfx/smileys/0191.gif

lolo21
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:13 PM
Her game just isn´t big enough....too much conchitanism in it....moonball after moonball. She needs to start GOING for her shots more.

the drama is that contrary to a conchita, i m convinced she has the power (and a serve)to go more for her shots and hit the ball harder

thelittlestelf
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:20 PM
ELENA! :D Talk about a confidence boost :bounce:. Second time at the Semis!

Crazy_Fool
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:31 PM
:worship: Elena :worship:

She really showed great heart and fight today

You just gained a new fan today :D
Me too!! She showed an amazing fight out there, i just love players with heart who keep going even when things aren't going for them. Congrats Elena, you truly deserved that win :worship: :worship:

Momo - don't know what to say, not clutch enough, too defensive and well not mentally strong enough. Guess this has all been said before :(

cometz9
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:39 PM
Congrats to Elena :bigclap: Maybe next time Momo :sad:

lolo21
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:41 PM
Congrats to Elena :bigclap: Maybe next time Momo :sad:

congrats to elena too for her fighting spirit and for momo.....maybe in another life :o

Hagar
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:50 PM
MOMO!!! This was yet another great chance to go far in a Slam. I can't believe it; Amélie is a better player than Elena D. and once again she loses against her in a Slam.

MinnyGophers
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:52 PM
congrats to elena too for her fighting spirit and for momo.....maybe in another life :o

do you have to bash Momo in every one of your posts?
like they say, if you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything.
It's okay that you may not like her, but keep the bashing under wrap.

Linnie
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:54 PM
It's okay that you may not like her, but keep the bashing under wrap.He crawls out from under his rock when Amélie loses a match. Notice he's nowhere around when she wins :rolleyes:

lolo21
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:55 PM
It's okay that you may not like her, but keep the bashing under wrap.

the fact is that if i didn t like her as a person, i wouldn t even care if she loses or wins but it s because i like her very much that it makes me very hungry to see that she never learns the lessons :fiery:

momo please wake up and see that you can t continue like that if you really want to win a GS..........

lolo21
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:58 PM
He crawls out from under his rock when Amélie loses a match. Notice he's nowhere around when she wins :rolleyes:

ah because i must congratulate her to win a game versus ..schiavone??(with all respects i have for schiavone=

JLDementieva
Sep 7th, 2004, 11:39 PM
BIG BIG COngrats to Elena! This was a hard fought match, and so happy to see her pull that one through!!! INto the Semis once again!! :D:D There's still a lot that she needs to change though if she wants to get into the finals.

Mariangelina
Sep 7th, 2004, 11:44 PM
Elena- :D :worship:

Amélie: :banghead: :help: :fiery:

Due to a return to government-mandated education, I missed the entire stupid match after a really shitty school day, and the result- :sad:

Elena was clearly so gutsy, and all credit to her for hanging in there through physical problems.

Amélie has to learn to think when she's nervous, to change her game according to what's going on even if she's scared. Elena's physical problems should have provided an opportunity for her, even if she was struggling. :sad:

Anyway, congrats to Lena D, and in general, merde, shimatta, dammit. :sad: There's always next time...

Dan23
Sep 8th, 2004, 12:00 AM
:woohoo: :woohoo:
Well done Lena, great effort!!

sbmh
Sep 8th, 2004, 06:15 AM
:sad: Amélie , take a rest and do your best in the rest of the season !!!

Congrats Elena !:yeah:

Daniel
Sep 8th, 2004, 07:07 AM
Elena :clap2: :yeah:

tennisfan22
Sep 8th, 2004, 07:08 AM
http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/flushingmeadows2/f_04.jpg

http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/flushingmeadows2/f_05.jpg

galadriel
Sep 8th, 2004, 07:09 AM
Momo :sad: :sad:

10nisfanofruz
Sep 8th, 2004, 07:52 AM
What a girl? You fought 'til the end despite being injured. :eek: There are 2 russians in semi just like I predicted<not exactly>. It's awesome and I hope one of them win US OPEN.
This is the year for russians ! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Sadka
Sep 8th, 2004, 07:58 AM
Momo :(

azmad_88
Sep 8th, 2004, 08:09 AM
Good job LenaD>..im so proud of u..

stenen
Sep 8th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Never seen someone as brainless as Momo....Momo was coming in after every return while the ball was hit RIGHT at Elena...I mean, can someone be more stupid?!

Ever heard the expression; "it takes one to know one"?

Ekkekko
Sep 8th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Mauresmo has just as much chance of winning a grand slam as me! The chances are 0. IMPOSSIBLE!
SWP...Since when were you a WTA player? You never told me that?
Coz if Mauresmo plays like you...well, sad to say that the irony of this whole picture is....-->>she's playing in GS tournaments while you're playing in a make-believe GS tournament...THereby, your chances of even winning a GS are as close to nil, zilch! I find it rather impossible to play in a make-believe GS tourney too, don't you think? And oh yes..If you ever play in a real GS tourney, do remind me that your chances of winning a GS are impossible!:kiss:

Ekkekko
Sep 8th, 2004, 12:01 PM
waiting for Esquimax's "Should Amelie Retire" thread :devil: :lol:
Mein gott! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ekkekko
Sep 8th, 2004, 12:03 PM
All in all, great match LenaD:worship: , momo-->>:sad: :eek: :sad:

LuckyStrike
Sep 8th, 2004, 12:13 PM
Great Job, Lena!!!!!!!!
Jen is next!

Gerri
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:05 PM
Amelie :bigcry: :banghead: What were you doing? Oh well, good luck for the rest of the season, and well done for being in touching distance of the top spot. Congrats Elena!

Harju.
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Momo :sobbing: Sad.

If your opponent are making 15 double faults, 40+ unforced errors and drops 7/15 of her serve, and still loses. Well, it clearly showed, Momo was again playing under par.

This is soooooooooooooooooooo :banghead: