PDA

View Full Version : Who has had the worst 2004?

Grachka
Sep 7th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Choose your favourite loser of 2004 ;)

Havok
Sep 7th, 2004, 06:57 PM
Uh......... the person who's ranked last of the WTA rankings?:scratch:

thelittlestelf
Poor Jelena Dokic :sad:. I hope she rebounds one of these days.

tennisfan22
Going by their previous records and stuff , Venus

PatM04
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:00 PM
Sammy has only won two tour level matches :sad: she started the year top 80 and after the open will be 144....and she won a 50k last October and has to defend there.

thelittlestelf
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:01 PM
Going by their previous records and stuff , Venus
No way! Plenty of people who had success last year did worse than Venus!

People always seem to forget that Vee had a 19 match winning streak going into the French Open with two titles and a final where she gave Momo a walkover.

Grachka
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:07 PM
Uh......... the person who's ranked last of the WTA rankings?:scratch:

Not necessarily, the person ranked last in the WTA rankings (Lyndsay Reilly) has not played at all this year, so has had no losses.

And i said that it was relative to their careers, many of the players ranked in the 1000s are at their highest rankings so far, so would have had a good year so :p

cartmancop
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:17 PM
I think Dokic. It seems like everything is a struggle for her lately. I hope she can get back on track b/c she has great talent that shouldn't be wasted.

tom2791
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:19 PM
I also think Jelena Dokic

TatiAnnahølic
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:50 PM
sadly Jelena... :(

bmxbandit
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:51 PM
My dear Jelly :(

jonny84
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:51 PM
Magui Serna?

Havok
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Not necessarily, the person ranked last in the WTA rankings (Lyndsay Reilly) has not played at all this year, so has had no losses.

And i said that it was relative to their careers, many of the players ranked in the 1000s are at their highest rankings so far, so would have had a good year so :pWell now the poll showed up and made my statement look dumb.:p

bmxbandit
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:54 PM
Well now the poll showed up and made my statement look dumb.:p
It doesn't require that much effort to accomplish that does it? ;) :lol:

I'M KIDDING! Love you Naldo! :kiss:

Darop.
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Capriati should be omited.

SerenaSlam
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:56 PM
u cannot say venus has had a "worst" 2004 than any of these people, b/c more than anything she is battling out there from time off w/ injury and death. the same thing has to go with Sandrine Testud. I know she didn't expect to come back right away and be that quarterfinal rd 16 upset godess she was before.

u all need to take A LOT OF THINGS into consideration when you put names in this type of category, especially Venus and Sandrine.

bmxbandit
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:57 PM
u cannot say venus has had a "worst" 2004 than any of these people, b/c more than anything she is battling out there from time off w/ injury and death. the same thing has to go with Sandrine Testud. I know she didn't expect to come back right away and be that quarterfinal rd 16 upset godess she was before.

u all need to take A LOT OF THINGS into consideration when you put names in this type of category, especially Venus and Sandrine.
I kinda agree with this...Jelena is being molested and haunted by her father...but still, she wins this poll.

SerenaSlam
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:58 PM
Venus, hopefully she will regain form and compete in the top 5 again
its funnie, venus has by far the best record out of all of these people. she had a 19 match win streak etc etc etc, and b/c she isn't competing in grandslam finals, she has had the "worst" year out of all these othe players :rolleyes:

ALL I CAN SAY IS YOU ALL THAT ARE VOTING VENUS ARE BIASED DUMB ASSES :EEK:

WTF Tour
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:04 PM
Chanda Rubin, getting injured sucks. She only played two slams in which she got past the 2nd Round, and fell on her best surface in the first round, and can't seem to get past the 3RD Round streak of tournaments.

RatedR Superstar
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:53 AM
Dokic definetly has the worst year, no one would want to be on her shoes right now, I feel sorry for her :sad: :sad: :sad:

Vechelaux
Sep 8th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Cara black has had a crap year, in singles anyway

vutt
Sep 8th, 2004, 12:29 PM
Jelena, no doubt :sad:

QuicKyMonSter
Sep 8th, 2004, 12:32 PM
jelena AND chanda

Cersei
Sep 8th, 2004, 12:32 PM
Dokic

Chunchun
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:14 PM
Karen Paterson = :confused:

Mattographer
Sep 8th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Sandrine Testud! :smash: She's JOKE!

Andy T
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Why isn't Alexandra Stevenson in this poll? To make it less obvious?
;)

thelittlestelf
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Take Venus off of this poll PLEASE! She has had the best record this year out of anyone there by FAR. Take Jennifer out too. Just ridiculous!

Grachka
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:05 PM
I will not take Venus, Capriati, Testud or anyone else out of the poll, and i will tell you why.

I have said it is relative to their careers, therefore someone who may have an opinion of Venus' form, that differs from yours, may believe that Venus has had a distinctively poor year in comparison with her form in the past and in comparison with the others in this poll. Therefore, even though Venus had a run of however many games won and titles, perhaps she can be considered to have a poor year because of her Grand Slam record, for instance. Same goes for Testud, Capriati or whoever it is, its all down to differing opinions.

Anyway, I voted for Els Callens myself :sad:

PhoenixStorm
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:06 PM
you forgot alexandra this poll is flawed.

daniela86
Sep 8th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Jelena DOKIC :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: