PDA

View Full Version : The reason for Ting Li and Tian Tian Sun's absence from the US Open

Happy Guy
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:53 PM
The reason they are absent from the US Open is that they have to join the whole Chinese Olympic Team for celebration around the whole China, and they are currently in Hong Kong. :) Tonight was a variety show and they both sang, throwing signed tennis balls to the audience. Know what, every spectator got a keyring randomly picked from the whole set of 32 (because China achieved 32 gold medals) at the entrance, I got the one with Li and Sun! :) I am still so happy now! :):):)

fluffydreamcloud
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:40 PM
WOW that's so cool!! Its a shame that it meant they had to miss the USO, but I hope they are really enjoying it, it should be a very proud moment for them! :)

Pengwin
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:58 PM
They were probably the least likekly to win out of the whole of the chinese team, so it's nice they're getting a celebration.

Chunchun
Sep 8th, 2004, 12:35 AM
The reason they are absent from the US Open is that they have to join the whole Chinese Olympic Team for celebration around the whole China, and they are currently in Hong Kong. :) Tonight was a variety show and they both sang, throwing signed tennis balls to the audience. Know what, every spectator got a keyring randomly picked from the whole set of 32 (because China achieved 32 gold medals) at the entrance, I got the one with Li and Sun! :) I am still so happy now! :):):)

omg u go to the show?!?!!? :eek:

wongqks
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:14 AM
wow, you went, good for you :D, apparently you need to queue up very early to get those tix, and yeah it was quite a fun show coz I watch on tv wioith 30,000-40,000 cheering fans I believe, but the singing by some athletes is pretty bad ;)

Happy Guy
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:30 AM
omg u go to the show?!?!!? :eek:
Yes, I did :)

Happy Guy
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:32 AM
wow, you went, good for you :D, apparently you need to queue up very early to get those tix, and yeah it was quite a fun show coz I watch on tv wioith 30,000-40,000 cheering fans I believe, but the singing by some athletes is pretty bad ;)
you know, I was so lucky that I didn't queue at all, because when I bought the tickets there wasn't much promotion and got the tickets from the ticket office easily :)

Shenay La Soul
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:49 AM

That's great!! If you have any pictures of the celeberation please post them.
Well done, China!

AjdeNate!
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:57 AM
Good for them, enjoy that Gold, girlies!!!!!