PDA

View Full Version : Great interview with Steffi!

PatM04
Sep 7th, 2004, 06:34 PM
They just interviewed Steffi on USA and she looks great. She seems so happy and looked pretty fit. She said she had been hitting with someone but I didn't hear who. Do you guys know?

alfonsojose
Sep 7th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Monica Seles ;)

Anne K.
Sep 7th, 2004, 06:48 PM
:) It was Rennae Stubbs, I think.

PatM04
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:01 PM
:) It was Rennae Stubbs, I think.Oh cool! Thanks:)

USOPEN10000
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:44 PM
They just interviewed Steffi on USA and she looks great. She seems so happy and looked pretty fit. She said she had been hitting with someone but I didn't hear who. Do you guys know?

WHO CARES ABOUT STEFFI GRAF NOWADAYS. SHE'S ALREADY OLD NEWS AND BORING. I SAW SOME OF HER RECENT INTERVIEWS AND SHE LOOKS SO MATRONLY. MONICA SELES HAD ALWAYS BEEN MORE FASCINATING AND MORE EVOLVED ANYWAYS ....... :worship: :worship: :worship: .

BTW, DOES GRAF HAVE ANY OTHER FRIENDS ON THE WTA TOUR ASIDE FROM THAT IRRITATING R. RTUBBS.?..........I DONT THINK SO... :lol: :lol: :lol:

KindaNice
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:50 PM
I just came back from the US Open and saw Steffi twice. She DOES NOT look matronly by any means! And is VERY fit....she still maintains a better figure than most of the women on the tour!

JonBcn
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:52 PM
more evolved? does steffi have webbed feet or something..? :confused:

USOPEN10000
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:58 PM
I just came back from the US Open and saw Steffi twice. She DOES NOT look matronly by any means! And is VERY fit....she still maintains a better figure than most of the women on the tour!

I SAW HER ON TV AND SHE LOOKED SO "OLD" WITHOUT ANY MAKE UP ON... AND HER HAIR NEEDS SOME WORK............SHE NEEDS AN EXTREME MAKEOVER. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MONICA ROCKS!!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

the cat
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:59 PM
I hope Steffi is hitting with Elena Dementieva because Steffi and her wisdom could really help Elena in an advisory role. :)

nash
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the info, Pat! Steffi has always been my favorite. She personifies class & dignity.

USOPEN10000
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:03 PM
I hope Steffi is hitting with Elena Dementieva because Steffi could relaly help Elena in a secondary advisory role. :)

STEFFI WAS AS GOOD AS ARANTXA AND MARY PIERCE AS A TENNIS PLAYER... BUT I DONT THINK SHE WILL BE EFFECTIVE AS A COACH.

MAYBE STEFFI COULD DO MORE DAMAGE TO DEMENTIEVA IF SHE TEACHES HER THAT DESPICABLE SLICE BACKHAND...

nash
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:09 PM
STEFFI WAS AS GOOD AS ARANTXA AND MARY PIERCE AS A TENNIS PLAYER... BUT I DONT THINK SHE WILL BE EFFECTIVE AS A COACH.

MAYBE STEFFI COULD DO MORE DAMAGE TO DEMENTIEVA IF SHE TEACHES HER THAT DESPICABLE SLICE BACKHAND...
Monica, you need to get back to the practice court now. Stop spending so much time on message boards... :)

spencercarlos
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:03 PM
you are boring selesrules even with your two usernames, the saddest thing is that you are making me dislike monica ... pff no comments.

LADIEZ CHAMPION
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:05 PM
you are boring selesrules even with your two usernames, the saddest thing is that you are making me dislike monica ... pff no comments.

nothing can ever make me dislike a true great champion like Monica Seles... :angel:

darren cahill
Sep 7th, 2004, 11:48 PM
I SAW HER ON TV AND SHE LOOKED SO "OLD" WITHOUT ANY MAKE UP ON... AND HER HAIR NEEDS SOME WORK............SHE NEEDS AN EXTREME MAKEOVER. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MONICA ROCKS!!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:
so i take it you didnt see Monicas interview on USA either? no comments here on who looked down right trifling.:rolleyes:

LADIEZ CHAMPION
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:43 AM
so i take it you didnt see Monicas interview on USA either? no comments here on who looked down right trifling.:rolleyes:

I saw Monica few months ago and she looked so gorgeous, slim and oh so pretty.:angel:

LADIEZ CHAMPION
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:54 AM
Monica, you need to get back to the practice court now. Stop spending so much time on message boards... :)

must be Gunther Parche....how sad. :angel:

morbidangle
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:59 AM
Steffi is awesome! She looked really fit and happy. Great interview!:worship::worship:

LDVTennis
Sep 8th, 2004, 06:53 AM

That's your problem, Monica. Well, you've got lots of them, but this is just one of them. If you had the ability to hit a slice backhand as good as Steffi's, perhaps you too could have beaten Serena tonight in the Quarters of the US Open. Look at Jennifer. She used her slice backhand to great effect against Serena.

Take the previous poster's advice, stop posting and get back on the practice courts. Oh, by they way, if Steffi were your coach, she would do wonders for your game and your waistline. I hear, however, that she is not interested.

LADIEZ CHAMPION
Sep 8th, 2004, 07:13 AM
That's your problem, Monica. Well, you've got lots of them, but this is just one of them. If you had the ability to hit a slice backhand as good as Steffi's, perhaps you too could have beaten Serena tonight in the Quarters of the US Open. Look at Jennifer. She used her slice backhand to great effect against Serena.

Take the previous poster's advice, stop posting and get back on the practice courts. Oh, by they way, if Steffi were your coach, she would do wonders for your game and your waistline. I hear, however, that she is not interested.

Hallucinations or Delusions? Do you think the Great Monica Seles would ever give a sh**t on what you're saying?

How can steffi ever be Monica's coach when ...Monica was soundly beating her. :angel:

LADIEZ CHAMPION
Sep 8th, 2004, 07:15 AM

Where steffi had trouble was with seles' power off both wings, which was unprecedented in graf's era.....

At the aussie Open 1993, graf's backhand was actually a real weakness....time and time again, seles would punish the backhand over and over with deep sharp angles, wait for a short reply, and then pound the ball down the line to steffi's forehand.....it was a strategy that Monica had devised with her dad and Zoltan, her brother, and it really worked well, because monica didn't have a weaker side.......

Also, graf had major trouble coming over the ball on the backhand side......graf's overwhelming winners were ALWAYS on the forehand side.....

Steffi could usually compensate for pace by running around her backhand and hitting inside out forehands, one of the greatest shots in tennis history......

but against Seles, who didn't have a weaker side, hits the ball on the rise and hit with such blistering pace and accuracy, Steffi couldn't do that as much...she didn't have as much time, wheras aginst ASV, martina, and sabatini, she did.....

Either way, I remember when steffi was seen practicing a two handed backhand at Roland garros, after she lost in striaght sets to Monica in berlin, before the french......

And steffi, unlike her fans, has candidly adnmitted she would have liked to have had a two handed backhand for more power, ala her husband.....

...and seles.... :angel:

grafan92
Sep 8th, 2004, 08:10 AM
Steffi is awesome! She looked really fit and happy. Great interview!:worship::worship:

Hi! So starsports showed Steffi's interview? (I presume you are getting coverage on starsports). Darn, I missed the interview!

Here are some pics of Steffi with Jaden and Jaz

http://bilder.bild.t-online.de/BTO/showpromis/2004/09/08/buehnenteaser/01__2182911__show__steffi__graf,property=Bild.jpg
http://bilder.bild.t-online.de/BTO/showpromis/2004/09/08/kla__steffi__graf__tochter/jaden__gil__bild,property=Bild.jpg

grafan92
Sep 8th, 2004, 08:13 AM
another pic of Jaz

jimbo mack
Sep 8th, 2004, 08:23 AM
Where steffi had trouble was with seles' power off both wings, which was unprecedented in graf's era.....

At the aussie Open 1993, graf's backhand was actually a real weakness....time and time again, seles would punish the backhand over and over with deep sharp angles, wait for a short reply, and then pound the ball down the line to steffi's forehand.....it was a strategy that Monica had devised with her dad and Zoltan, her brother, and it really worked well, because monica didn't have a weaker side.......

Also, graf had major trouble coming over the ball on the backhand side......graf's overwhelming winners were ALWAYS on the forehand side.....

Steffi could usually compensate for pace by running around her backhand and hitting inside out forehands, one of the greatest shots in tennis history......

but against Seles, who didn't have a weaker side, hits the ball on the rise and hit with such blistering pace and accuracy, Steffi couldn't do that as much...she didn't have as much time, wheras aginst ASV, martina, and sabatini, she did.....

Either way, I remember when steffi was seen practicing a two handed backhand at Roland garros, after she lost in striaght sets to Monica in berlin, before the french......

And steffi, unlike her fans, has candidly adnmitted she would have liked to have had a two handed backhand for more power, ala her husband.....

...and seles.... :angel:

monica, you should spend less time on this board and more time trying to get back to a decent level of tennis, rather than losing exhibition matches to the likes of kapros and kutuzova :tape:

williamsharapov
Sep 8th, 2004, 08:29 AM
monica, you should spend less time on this board and more time trying to get back to a decent level of tennis, rather than losing exhibition matches to the likes of kapros and kutuzova :tape:\

steffi is already forgottens and old :tape:

monica was the bestest than steffi because she did not wins because of the stabbing.

monica is the bestest. :lol: :lol: :wavey: :wavey:

LADIEZ CHAMPION
Sep 8th, 2004, 08:32 AM
\

steffi is already forgottens and old :tape:

monica was the bestest than steffi because she did not wins because of the stabbing.

monica is the bestest. :lol: :lol: :wavey: :wavey:

1999 Roland Garros, 3rd Round

Chris Evert: "[Monica] then really got cheated out of a lot of Grand Slams. She was really dominating women's tennis, dominating Steffi Graf. As I said before, she won seven out of eight Grand Slams and then got stabbed and was out for 27 months. Her assailant got his wish, that Steffi Graf be Number One, and sure enough, Steffi regained the Number One position when Monica was out of the game. So he got his wish."

Dick Enberg: "Who knows how many titles she would own had she remained in full health?"

Chris Evert: "Well, a lot more than nine Grand Slams, I'll tell you that. That's so not fair, when you look at Steffi's 21 and Monica's nine, it's very unbalanced, and it shouldn't be." :angel:

LADIEZ CHAMPION
Sep 8th, 2004, 08:34 AM
monica, you should spend less time on this board and more time trying to get back to a decent level of tennis, rather than losing exhibition matches to the likes of kapros and kutuzova :tape:

Monica's level ? was it because of the greatest combination in women's tennis history between Steffi and Gunther? how funny ....but even with that, Monica Seles had always been the more superior tennis player both on off the court. :angel:

Mephisto
Sep 8th, 2004, 08:43 AM
another pic of Jaz

OMG , How cute is Jazz :hearts: :hearts: :)

grafan92
Sep 8th, 2004, 12:32 PM
ANDRE SHOWS OFF HIS CHAMPION-DAD FORM

September 8, 2004 -- ANDRE AGASSI alter nated between tennis star and soccer dad yesterday.

Agassi and son Jaden, who turns 3 next month, stopped to admire wife and mom Steffi Graf's form as the retired tennis great hit a few balls with Renée Stubbs before a cheering crowd.

After a warm-up of his own, Agassi and Graf left Arthur Ashe Stadium much like many other families at Flushing Meadows — in an SUV.

Graf carried baby daughter Jaz, 11 months, to the Ford Expedition, while Agassi and Jaden followed.

"Wait till those kids are old enough to play," one fan quipped.

Unfortunately, another fan said, with great genes and great coaches come great expectations.

"It's way too much pressure," said Open visitor Sarah Jennings, in from New Hampshire. "The kids should go into acting or politics."