PDA

View Full Version : All This Williams Loss Hoopla

DemWilliamsGulls
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:25 PM
I cant understand why ...everytime Venus or Serena loose...everybody want to act like its a "WILLIAMS SISTERS LOSS HOLIDAY". Yesterday Justine....THE NUMBER ONE RANKED PLAYER, OLYMPIC CHAMP, 3 TIME GRAND SLAM WINNER, NUMBER ONE SEED loss yet...her loss is overshadowed by Venus loss. Also when other players such as Agassi, Roddick and Federer looses..u never see alot of media attention and criticism on their loss as you when its a Williams sister. Are people really that AMP that because the Sisters didnt dominate ONE year after a lay off...that they will never win again...its ridiculous. Everybody will have their time in the light (ex Sharapova, Myskina)....Lindsay 28 y/o hasn't won a grand slam since 98....so it might her time to win again...yet I cant understand if Venus loose (23 y/o) people speculate she's going to retire......its crazy...everybody is not going to dominate ALL THE TIME...though I feel the sisters will eventually do it again when the time is right...and I also feel that Clisters, Mauresmo will have their time in the spotlight as well.

Jasmin
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:27 PM
I don't get it either because I never expected them to win this tournament. Why is this surprising. I thought it was pretty much a done deal after Venus lost at the Olympics.

*hingis_forever*
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Man you're such a cry baby! :bigcry:

DemWilliamsGulls
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Man you're such a cry baby! :bigcry:
Man please...dont make yourself look stupid...Williams Fans does not have anything to cry about...these girls are THE HIGHEST paid Female players in history, has reinvented the play of tennis, has ALREADY dominated the sport in singles and doubles, both have been #1, multiple grand slam titles and still give these girls hell on their off period....again...dont make yourself look stupid.

MartinaI
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:38 PM
If you want a fuss made about the Williamses when they win then you have to expect just as much attention when they lose.

V-MAC
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:38 PM
I cant understand why ...everytime Venus or Serena loose...everybody want to act like its a "WILLIAMS SISTERS LOSS HOLIDAY". Yesterday Justine....THE NUMBER ONE RANKED PLAYER, OLYMPIC CHAMP, 3 TIME GRAND SLAM WINNER, NUMBER ONE SEED loss yet...her loss is overshadowed by Venus loss. Also when other players such as Agassi, Roddick and Federer looses..u never see alot of media attention and criticism on their loss as you when its a Williams sister. Are people really that AMP that because the Sisters didnt dominate ONE year after a lay off...that they will never win again...its ridiculous. Everybody will have their time in the light (ex Sharapova, Myskina)....Lindsay 28 y/o hasn't won a grand slam since 98....so it might her time to win again...yet I cant understand if Venus loose (23 y/o) people speculate she's going to retire......its crazy...everybody is not going to dominate ALL THE TIME...though I feel the sisters will eventually do it again when the time is right...and I also feel that Clisters, Mauresmo will have their time in the spotlight as well.

I know what you mean :) ;) Knew that even when Justine lost so tamely last night (3 and 2 to Petrova :o ) that Venus losing would still be the big news here. Doesn't make sense though coz most people on this board were expecting Lindsay to win anyway (judging by polls). :confused: :rolleyes:

*abby*
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:40 PM
maybe its bcos a lot of their fans act like they are gonna win it wether they are likely to or not an perhaps are overly confident
just a suggestion???

Jericho
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:44 PM
like who? hmmm...

bandabou
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:47 PM
It´s aight....I guess when you are the bigger stars, this is what you should expect. If you´re in the limelight, then it is the good and the bad.

DemWilliamsGulls
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:50 PM
If you want a fuss made about the Williamses when they win then you have to expect just as much attention when they lose.

Thats exactly what im saying..its not like that though.....Andy Roddick, Agassi and even when Pete was loosing ..he didnt get as much attention as they do....i mean its cool...because reguardless the girls are still going to keep doin their thing.....its been like that for years....now..it only makes them stronger.

Jasmin
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:21 PM
maybe its bcos a lot of their fans act like they are gonna win it wether they are likely to or not an perhaps are overly confident
just a suggestion???

Who are these people because it certainly doesn't feel surprising that Venus got beat by Davenport. I'm actually surprise she got that far. The Olympics sealed the deal for me.

ans
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:28 PM
these girls are THE HIGHEST paid Female players in history, has reinvented the play of tennis, has ALREADY dominated the sport in singles and doubles, both have been #1, multiple grand slam titles and still give these girls hell on their off period
Why making a thread with a question you've answered yourself in this post?

Lady
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:31 PM
I felt like Justine's loss overshadowed Venus' loss! Just look at the article, and even the player of the day! :p
BTW, I even couldn't find much threads about Venus loss here, where they also put into 1??

Diesel
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:40 PM
just a suggestion???

Oh wait... fans are supposed to act like their faves are going to lose? Grow up. Just because you don't have confidence in your faves doesn't mean everyone else has to be down about it.

Helen Lawson
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:46 PM
Part of it is the American media is about 2-years behind in tennis (with the notable exception of a leggy blonde). They still think Venus and Serena are like top-ranked and win loads of tournaments. Also, who are they going to write about anyway? Most Americans could care less about Amelie and Anastasia, and Lin-See has never sold any papers for them.