PDA

View Full Version : How well do the WTA girls get along?

E. Blackadder
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:49 PM
I just read in an article that Serena called to Kim to tell her to enjoy her time-out, because before you know it you'll be travelling again and it'll become a burden.

Do you think some players do get along and let's say call to eachother, go out together and have some kind of friendship besides the rivalry.if so which ones are really close?

chapel
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:59 PM
i think kim has made a lot of friends in the tour. ....she's nice, very friendly which i think makes her attract people to befriend her. ...from what ive read, she's friends with daniela too. um....justine's friends with dechy. ....daniela's friends with or friendly with capriati that she even watched a few of her games during daniela's "trying times"...kim did that for daniela too.

stenen
Sep 7th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Most players on wtatour are not friends with each other...just acquaintances.

FaceyFacem
Sep 7th, 2004, 01:59 PM
kim is travelling now, with lleyton, so i'm sure she is used to it, besides, next year she will be mrs. lleyton hewitt!

azmad_88
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:01 PM
kim is good with everyone...
but never quite know who is close with justine?

Helen Lawson
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:06 PM
It's like in Hollywood, on the surface they act nice, but deep down, they want to claw each other's eyes out. You have some who don't care and don't make an effort to hide it. For tennis' Patty or Rennae, we have our Bette Davis and Julia Roberts. Tennis has Kim and Amelie, and we have Olivia de Havilland and Renne Zellweger.

Truthwillout
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:17 PM
It's like in Hollywood, on the surface they act nice, but deep down, they want to claw each other's eyes out. You have some who don't care and don't make an effort to hide it. For tennis' Patty or Rennae, we have our Bette Davis and Julia Roberts. Tennis has Kim and Amelie, and we have Olivia de Havilland and Renne Zellweger.

Why did you mix up girls who don't belong to the same period? In your time, it was Bette Davis vs Joan Crawford or Olivia de Havilland vs her own sister Joan Fontaine. I know less about contemporary actresses' feuds.

daniela86
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:21 PM
kim is good with everyone...
but never quite know who is close with justine?
Justine said she is good with Dechy, TEstud, Mauresmo and Els Callens!

Helen Lawson
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:23 PM
Why did you mix up girls who don't belong to the same period? In your time, it was Bette Davis vs Joan Crawford or Olivia de Havilland vs her own sister Joan Fontaine. I know less about contemporary actresses' feuds.
Hollywood types don't change over the years, just the names, but I have to stick to the oldies because, first, I think most of today's broads suck so following their personal lives is below me. Second, I'm 86, so I'm not really in on the latest Hollywood gossip on feuds, just what I see at Academy functions and what I get from Joan Fontaine and Patricia Neal, but they're as clueless as I am. All I can say is, Gwenyth Paltrow is the only of the latest crop who actually kisses my ass and shows me respect at Academy functions, so she's tops in my book. That Julia Roberts is a shark!

tennischick
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Helen!! :lol: :lol:

if Serena actually called Kim, that sez a lot about their genuinely having a connection which is cool. but i suspect that Helen is basically right -- the environment is too competitive!

Come-on-kim
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Kim is close to Jen, Serena, Daniela, Anastasia, Caroline Maes,..

Allez-H
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:38 PM
Carlos said just two weeks ago that Justine only has two real friends on the Tour:Nathalie D and Amelie,with Nath being her very best friend.

arn
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Myskina once said after a match (USopen last year I think) she could not win against Kim because they were too good of friends and that she would try to put those feelings behind next time she would play Kim. They always go to the movies together.

Foot_Fault
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:53 PM
Hollywood types don't change over the years, just the names, but I have to stick to the oldies because, first, I think most of today's broads suck so following their personal lives is below me. Second, I'm 86, so I'm not really in on the latest Hollywood gossip on feuds, just what I see at Academy functions and what I get from Joan Fontaine and Patricia Neal, but they're as clueless as I am. All I can say is, Gwenyth Paltrow is the only of the latest crop who actually kisses my ass and shows me respect at Academy functions, so she's tops in my book. That Julia Roberts is a shark!
How can you not love this poster??:lol: :lol: Bright spot in my day!

I have the New Issue of Tennis Week mag. They were passing it out at the Open. There is a article in there on Davenport where they interview her.

Here's and excerpt:
Tennis Week: In the Tunnel before the final with Serena in L.A., you two were having a friendly conversation. Is that typical with the players on the WTA Tour? I've not seent hat as much with the guys on the ATP Tour.

Lindsay Davenport:It depends on who you are playing. Would that happen with Venus? No way, she's not as outgoing as Serena. Serena is great. Venus too. Venus is always serious when it comes to a match, and that's ok. But Serena and I were in the same training room befor the match joking around and talking about gossip magazines. She was showing me the ones she brought in, just stuff like that.

Tennis Week: So like girl stuff?

Lindsay Davenport: Yeah, exactly! She was trying to give me some fashion tips. (Laughs) She's always had a great attitude to me about everything, win or lose. So I guess it depends on who you play.

Tennis Week: Are the Williams Sisters still the last people you want to see in your half of the draw?

Lindsay Davenport: The last few weeks or months, it hasn't felt the same as playing them two years ago when they were really dominant and no one was looking forward to playing them. It would be very premature to underestimate them. They are so incredibly balanced in what they do, with all of their offcourt interes. I have such a hard time just doing tennis and trying to run an ordinary boring lifestyle at home. I couldn't imagine trying to fit in everything that they do. I would inmagine that pretty soon they will put a bigger commitment into tennis. I know they are not happy or satisfied with the last few months.

There were other things said, like, where is Womens Tennis in the US, she talked about its only Serena, Venus, Chanda and herself that are top...and she's a lil dissappointed in the new crop.

They talked about dementieva's serve..FUNNY!

Get the mag, its cool. it has all the top players on the front cover.

So it depends on who you play, but they get along

Foot_Fault
Sep 8th, 2004, 12:55 AM
This is a must read...