PDA

View Full Version : Pick the end-of-year Porsche Race Top 8

Lemonskin.
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:51 AM
The Porsche Race draws to a close very soon. We all know the rules. Who will make the top 8?

My picks:

1. Davenport
2. Mauresmo
3. Henin-Hardenne
4. Myskina
5. S Williams
6. Dementieva
7. Kuznetsova
8. Sharapova

Anyone care to hazard a guess?

I hope Maria can squeak in there. She should be able to if she plays well in her remaining tournaments.

SWP
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:56 AM
I agree with you!

Greenout
Sep 7th, 2004, 11:01 AM
I don't know about 2-8. I think LD will finish up at number 1 because
she's got practically nothing to defend after the US OPEN. Msykina
has Leipzeg-Moscow, JHH has Zurich, Amelie has Philly-YEC finalist points

Lemonskin.
Sep 7th, 2004, 11:05 AM
I don't know about 2-8. I think LD will finish up at number 1 because
she's got practically nothing to defend after the US OPEN. Msykina
has Leipzeg-Moscow, JHH has Zurich, Amelie has Philly-YEC finalist points

I thought you didn't have points to defend in the Porsche Race? I thought it was just an accumulative thing over a year.

SWP
Sep 7th, 2004, 11:12 AM
Anyone in that top 11 still has a good chance of making the top 8. I hope Sharapova makes it as the championships need her in it!

Lemonskin.
Sep 7th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Anyone in that top 11 still has a good chance of making the top 8. I hope Sharapova makes it as the championships need her in it!

...and she could do with $3,000,000 and a Porsche :D

esquímaux
Sep 7th, 2004, 11:20 AM
Lookin' good there lemon :yeah: I agree with your picks :)

azmad_88
Sep 7th, 2004, 11:26 AM
is there possible kim may sneek into the top 8 ..cos she will start playing soon..is it possible?

Andy.
Sep 7th, 2004, 11:35 AM
I hope Maria plays well for the remainder of the year i would love to see her make the season ending championships

Lemonskin.
Sep 7th, 2004, 11:41 AM
is there possible kim may sneek into the top 8 ..cos she will start playing soon..is it possible?

I don't think it's possible. She's left it too late.

I hope Maria plays well for the remainder of the year i would love to see her make the season ending championships

:bounce:

gossipcom
Sep 7th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Well they could have the system like the ATP End of Year Champs - that if there's a next person in line it doesn't go on points it goes on GS winners - I remember Goran got in when he won Wimbledon ahead of someone else (Tommy Haas I think - and they were peeved off big time).

lukehingis
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:20 PM
There's a good chance 1/2 of the top 8 are russian, them being Maria, Nastya, LenaD and Svetlana. If there are withdrawals, vera and nadia might sneak a spot, imagine 6 out of 8 all Russians!! Quite amazing (though unlikely) rite?

gossipcom
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:24 PM
You don't defend points in the Race - you can be no 1 to 8 in the actual rankings but still not make it at the time of the Race :)

That being said if Lindsay stays injury free she has a genuine shot at finishing the year at no 1 in the actual rankings and the 2004 WTA Champs Rankings.

There's a good chance 1/2 of the top 8 are russian, them being Maria, Nastya, LenaD and Svetlana. If there are withdrawals, vera and nadia might sneak a spot, imagine 6 out of 8 all Russians!! Quite amazing (though unlikely) rite?Yeah especially since an American is leading, a French lady is second and a Belgian is fourth - to get 6 it would have to be very amazing to be able to knock off one of those 3 :)

Even if there are withdrawals I don't think the 3 above would be withdrawing unless they're injured - especially not MoMo and Lindsay that's for sure.

KV
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Pick the current top 8 posted by Ayla. Y.