PDA

View Full Version : Who will be World #1 after the US Open?

Lemonskin.
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:40 AM
Well?

I'd dearly love to see Lindsay Davenport take #1... then keep it until she retires.

Go Lindsay!

gossipcom
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:47 AM
When you say World #1 do you mean next week when the new rankings are released or towards the end of the year?

Because I've got two different answers <g>

Lemonskin.
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:48 AM
After the Open, when the new rankings are released.

LUXXXAS
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Only Amelie and Lindsay can be No.1 after yesterday's Justine's loss so you should remove Justine because she's already lost No.1 spot...

Greenout
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:55 AM
Who will be number one at the end of the season?

Lemonskin.
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Only Amelie and Lindsay can be No.1 after yesterday's Justine's loss so you should remove Justine because she's already lost No.1 spot...

Oh OK I didnt know that JHH would definately drop.

gossipcom
Sep 7th, 2004, 11:04 AM
If Lindsay stays injury free she'll be the no 1 player at the end of the season - pure and simple - after Filderstadt she has absolutely no points to defend so from then on including WTA Champs she'll just add points without losing.

It all depends though if she can maintain her usual indoor form and stay injury free for the season.

Next week though Amelie just needs to get to the Semi Final and she's got the no 1 position wrapped up.

Can someone clear something up for me - if an opponent beats Serena or any other player while they've got a protected seeding - when distributing the points do they calculate the protected ranking or the current ranking of the player (aka in Serena's place is it a top 10 ranking or outside the top 10?)

Daniel
Sep 7th, 2004, 11:05 AM
I guess Davenport or Mauresmo