PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Venus

tennisIlove09
Sep 7th, 2004, 06:10 AM
...for playing a great match today :) you may have lost, but I have faith that you are on your way back. No matter what happens in the future, you are a wonderful champion on and off the court...and you are an inspiration to me and millions around the world :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 7th, 2004, 06:15 AM
...No matter what happens in the future, you are a wonderful champion on and off the court...
It's sooo true!!

Hope to see you again, Venus!!

(I've got something to say to you - didn't have time at the Acura.)

Infiniti2001
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:46 PM
Yep, I agree... Although some of her errors made me cringe, I'm highly impressed with what I saw from her. It's all about her confidence, and I am positive it will get better in time. A friend of mine sent me this and posted it on Vee's board on aol.

Can we lay to rest, please, the idea that Venus's second serve is such a weakness? Of the eight players out there today, only one had a better second serve percentage than Vee: Svetlana who had an unreal 73%, which is exceptional high for a second serve. Venus, Nadia and Shinobu tied at 50%, Lindsay and Mary came in at 48%, Eleni served a weak 34% on her second serve and guess who was dead last????? That's right: Justine, with a wilted 33%.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:50 PM
I agree wholeheartedly. I went into the Daveport match with diminished expectations, hoping that she wouldn't get walloped too bad, but Venus came to play and was prepared to do what she had to. Unfortunately, the opponent was just too damn good, but I have hope for the rest of the year.

GO VENUS! :)

Jericho
Sep 7th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Agreed! I think that Venus' second serve was very good yesterday... 50% points won on it against one of the best returners ever. When Venus gets her forehand right...watch out!

Stefwhit
Sep 7th, 2004, 03:27 PM
I too was proud of her effort. She came to battle and fought really hard, against a player definitely in the zone. She held her own and kept it close all the way. I know losses are never fun, but Vee can walk away from this loss with her head held high. There are still a lot of 'highs' to come as Venus fans- so to all you fans out there be proud and keep the faith...

Sportfan
Sep 7th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Very proud of venus yesterday her problem yesterday was a few untimely errors but she still fought hard all the way. If she can just remain healthy and keep her confidence she will win those matches.

WilliamzX2
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:12 PM
thanks to the starter of this thread! as always, I hate to see Venus lose , but her effort especially in that final game made me very proud to be her fan. There's no one like you Venus!