PDA

View Full Version : A First-Hand View of Armstrong

FaceyFacem
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:25 AM
So, here is how the day went basically:
rochus warmed up on armstrong early
daniilidou blew a big lead, but shinobu played SO well
asagoe was so excited after her win, she was mobbed by the media afterwards and then hugged all the interviewers, eleni looked sad and had lots of crowd support, pretty balanced support overall
the men's match was ok, poor rochus, he got injured, but MORE importantly, there was a KIM SIGHTING! she was helping support her fellow belgian in the friends box, but really looked discouraged after his injury time out
sveta and mary were playing such short points with lots of hard hitting (it rivaled the power of hrbaty/rochus), and if sveta serves like that, she'll be doing well the rest of the week, mary was discouraged after first set, injury or not and she prob couldn't have come back, it was nice though
there was a LARGE roar after lindsay defeated venus and the final score was posted in armstrong, i guess the crowd was pro-lindsay
virginia and paola are a crazy doubles team, they would talk between points, but they would be giggling the whole time, as if they were talking gossip or if there were cute boys in the stands, i don't think they were scared of granville or the turkish girl, however, the match would have been more enjoyable without the drunk group in front of us! anyway, enjoyable all around on armstrong

Dave B
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:38 AM
So, here is how the day went basically:
rochus warmed up on armstrong early
daniilidou blew a big lead, but shinobu played SO well
asagoe was so excited after her win, she was mobbed by the media afterwards and then hugged all the interviewers, eleni looked sad and had lots of crowd support, pretty balanced support overall
the men's match was ok, poor rochus, he got injured, but MORE importantly, there was a KIM SIGHTING! she was helping support her fellow belgian in the friends box, but really looked discouraged after his injury time out
sveta and mary were playing such short points with lots of hard hitting (it rivaled the power of hrbaty/rochus), and if sveta serves like that, she'll be doing well the rest of the week, mary was discouraged after first set, injury or not and she prob couldn't have come back, it was nice though
there was a LARGE roar after lindsay defeated venus and the final score was posted in armstrong, i guess the crowd was pro-lindsay
virginia and paola are a crazy doubles team, they would talk between points, but they would be giggling the whole time, as if they were talking gossip or if there were cute boys in the stands, i don't think they were scared of granville or the turkish girl, however, the match would have been more enjoyable without the drunk group in front of us! anyway, enjoyable all around on armstrong

I went with him. Just a few things to add:

1. The Asagoe match is truely inspiring. Now I too believe I can beat Eleni.

2. Nice Granville moment: we had gotten very close after most people left. granville missed a volley that would've probably won them the point, and turned aroundand said: "That sucked." What I would've said too! We really are the same person.

3. If you think Kuzy looks scary, you should see the people in her box :eek:

4. If Kuzy continues to play like she did, it is going to be very difficult for someone to beat her...lets see if she does.

I am red as a lobster and I have classes tommorow!

sarza
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:09 AM
ahhh you guys managed to watch Laura/Ipeks match :D I know they lost but did they play well together :D