PDA

View Full Version : Justine HH appreciation thread

Junex
Sep 7th, 2004, 03:49 AM
Just because you lost today the title and the #1 ranking, we will still love you!

You fight very well and we know it would be difficult for you to defend this but still we believe in you!

The result may not be what we wanted, but we are happy because you were able to put up a good fight since the start of the Open.

Rest and be prepared for the next tournament! Be assured that whatever happens, we will always be here for you! :)

lilly
Sep 7th, 2004, 03:53 AM
I'm a bit worried about her health, sincerely hope the virus isn't still lingering and cutting energy. Really really hope it isn't the case.

Still, 4th loss this season, saying that ain't bad is an understatement!
Get some rest, work your frustrations out on PY and slam into the indoor season!

Greenout
Sep 7th, 2004, 03:53 AM
Still.. won the Olympics, got to the 4th round. That's more than
any of the doubters, critics, haters could imagine.

Remember she was suppose to lose in rd 2 in the Olympics, and
was suppose to go out to Lisa Raymond.

You could tell it wasn't meant to be. She kept on talking about
training for the 2005 season ever since her first interviews in Athens.

MinnyGophers
Sep 7th, 2004, 03:58 AM
Juju! You're my favorite of all tim, and I wished you would have defended your title, or at least lost to Momo in the finals.
We still love you, and good luck defending your AO title!
You gave us a great fantastic year, and I know next year shall be as fun and exciting to watch with you fighting out there.

thanks again.

WF4EVER
Sep 7th, 2004, 03:59 AM
I'm not a huge fan like the rest of you but I really feel for Justine. She has a lot of heart, she works hard and she is not afraid to do what's necessary to better herself.

I heard them saying on CBS that maybe playing the Olympics hurt Justine. So what? She already won 2003 USO but an Olympic medal is an opportunity she might have never had again. IMO she did the right thing.

Nadia came out too hot today for a sub-par Justine. You could see since her Obziler match that she was not as sharp as she had been in the Athens final, but what the heck? Her achievements this year so far have been very commendable.

I really wish my fave could boast of half of what Justine has done. You guys have a right to celebrate.

cynicole
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:02 AM
In a year when it seems like everyone and her sister (literally) has been ill or injured, I am simply happy to see Justine back on a tennis court.

I'm not sad. I just have more free time this week. :p

Greenout
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:09 AM
I don't feel as bad as I thought I would. I'm happy to see her back,
and the win at the Olympics did prove to me and everybody that
she can win tournaments again. She knows how to win; it's just
that she's really not match ready or match brain tough right now.

Petrova played flawless. The net charging was great, and I think
Carlos didn't anticipate this- back strategy. Oh well...

cynicole
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:15 AM
I don't feel as bad as I thought I would.
I'm surprised at my own reaction too.

rue
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:17 AM
I really am not too sure if playing the olympics did hurt her chances here. She just never had the rythmn today and did not look to comfortable. I feel sorry for her and she is still a great champion after all.

SilK
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:18 AM
i really appreciate Henin for trying... but didn't anybody honestly think she would be ready to win the USOPEN after such a long time off?

cynicole
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:19 AM
i really appreciate Henin for trying... but didn't anybody honestly think she would be ready to win the USOPEN after such a long time off?
Tracy Austin :tape:

Greenout
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:20 AM
I'm surprised at my own reaction too.

I think I'll avoid all the negative "end of reign" articles.

Still it's amazing that she got this far considering all the
critics were expecting her to be out of shape, and unable to
win matches-period. Playing again after injury, is one thing,
remembering how to win is another.

She'll get her act back later. Unlike some other players, the
Boss is willing to work harder for it.

Carlos/PY/Pat didn't look that devastated either, unlike RG.
I think they knew if was a tough task- 7 matches with
a heavy, heavy top half draw to battle thru.

MinnyGophers
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:20 AM
I'm not a huge fan like the rest of you but I really feel for Justine. She has a lot of heart, she works hard and she is not afraid to do what's necessary to better herself.

I heard them saying on CBS that maybe playing the Olympics hurt Justine. So what? She already won 2003 USO but an Olympic medal is an opportunity she might have never had again. IMO she did the right thing.

Nadia came out too hot today for a sub-par Justine. You could see since her Obziler match that she was not as sharp as she had been in the Athens final, but what the heck? Her achievements this year so far have been very commendable.

I really wish my fave could boast of half of what Justine has done. You guys have a right to celebrate.

Thank you. Indeed Juju should be proud of what she has done this year. If it wasn't for her virus, who knows how better it would have turned out.
She does has a lot of heart and a real passion for the game. When Tracy today commented on how her younger years were tough on her and how it made her a better person and player, I almost shed a tear. Especially on the part when she said that she promised her mother that she would be there again ( at RG) and win the title, and how that QF match as the last her mother ever saw.
Juju, we are behind you at every loops and turns you will get us through, and I believe that once again, you will make your mother proud as much as you did your fans. And with all that you have already done, I am sure your mom is watching you from the sky and smiling upon you.
God Bless you Justine, and Thank You very much again for this great year.

Greenout
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:21 AM
I think the moving back of the match upset the Boss.
She looked pissed off from the get go of the match. Still
that's not a good excuse, because it could've been worse
this week with rain.

She never looked like her mind was really into the match.
I never got the feeling that she would stay up all night to
win this. Where Petrova was totally into it regardless of the time.

pokey camp
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:21 AM
Yeah, props to THE BOSS. I really wanted to see her and Davenport go head to head. That would have been a damn good match I think. And as I've said before I'm not a hardcore fan, but I love watching her play. I love her fight and never say die attitude, that's what sports is all about. Plus, she gives hope to all of us 5'5'' folks out there. :p Get some rest Justine. You deserve it.

MinnyGophers
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:22 AM

With the way she won the Olympics, I would say that I also expected her to do a little better here.
But man, she did look exhausted today.

Black Mamba.
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:22 AM
I'm not a JHH fan, but I have nothing but respect for her. She competes and plays hard every match, and her drive and competitive fire is something that I admire in all athletes.

Greenout
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:26 AM
With the way she won the Olympics, I would say that I also expected her to do a little better here.
But man, she did look exhausted today.

Maybe we expected too much. Notice how Pat/PY/Carlos didn't
look as upset as they could be? They weren't that disappointed.
She isn't at 100% on her game yet.

Junex
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:26 AM
Thank you all!
especially to non-JHH fans who share the same appreciation, you're posts were greatly appreciated!

Stefwhit
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:54 AM
Even this hard core Serena fan was pulling for Justine to do well at the Open. Don't misunderstand, I'm definitely not a fan of hers- well that's not completly true. Justine actually has a lot of traits similar to my girl Serena which makes it imposible for me not to at least respect her game and her mental toughness on court. Justine is my Hingis, the player that I love to see my favorite players beat- but I don't enjoy watching her lose to just anyone. You don't have to like a player to appreciate them and I definitely appreciate what Justine brings to the game. Tennis is a better sport with her on court playing well. I actually don't like for Justine to lose early I want her around to do battle with my faves in the later rounds... (Serena and Kim) then lose. More than ever at this years US Open I found myself really rooting for her- my worse fear is getting closer to happening, MoMo becoming number one!!

The times in the future where I'll become a major Justine fan:
- Anytime she's playing Sharapova (I used to think JuJu fans were annoying, but I was so wrong- please forgive me, Sharapova fans help me see the light)
-Anytime she's playing MoMo

and anytime she's not playing:
anyone I halfway care about and like....

To JuJu fans I say keep your heads up, to truly comeback takes time...

rue
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:02 AM
We still love you Justine. You will be 100% soon and get the chance to get your number one ranking again.

She just did not look comfortable out there today. She was not herself and we all could see that.

moby
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:03 AM
I did actually :)
but i knew it was going to take a lot of luck too.

Gogo123
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:57 AM
congratulations justine on a great year so far...a grand slam, an olympic gold and three other titles...the year is still not over...you can only make it better

Lady
Sep 7th, 2004, 06:37 AM
That's a nice thread. :)

I love to see Justine back. Seeing her losing is not half as hard as not seeing her playing at all! :D

After her match with Obziler I kinda realized that every next round id a bonus, she's made it til 4th round. ;)

And Stefwhit, I feel the same way about Serena as you feel about Justine. Only I guess I like Serena a little more then you Justine, but for the same reasons! :cool:

Greenout
Sep 7th, 2004, 06:39 AM
I did actually :)
but i knew it was going to take a lot of luck too.

Hate say it; but I was hoping for alot of choking from
opponents. We knew she wasn't really match ready.
The foot faults and frame miss hits are a dead give away
on that part of the program.

Still..I'm glad I got to see her play.

schris
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:07 AM
Justine will come back :)

Spunky83
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:09 AM
We all know that impossible is nothing, so come on Justine;)

Greenout
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:12 AM
We all know that impossible is nothing, so come on Justine;)

Spunky83 read the latest captions of the J-Time US OPEN photo's. ;)

Spunky83
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:16 AM
Spunky83 read the latest captions of the J-Time US OPEN photo's. ;)

Oh, actually I didnīt. I guess I should? I just woke up to get ready for work and then I saw that Justine lost... :sad: ...not a good way to start off this day. Well, but I am not that surprised, so...impossible is nothing, it also works in the other direction, esp. when Nadia is also sponsored by adidas;)

ns_Henin
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:16 AM
:sad: :sad:
Justine :worship: :worship: :worship:
Better Luck next tournament :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

silverwhite
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:19 AM
Come back strong, Justine! :) It's never nice to see players playing below par.

janjan
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:39 AM
I just wanna cry but
I'm looking forward to Next really :)

Good Luck Justine I love you

:bounce:

Allez-H
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:44 AM
Ok,first of all:I'm not really dissapointed.It started at the Obziler-match when she was playing so bad and I had flashbacks of the Garbin-match,but I didn't really mind her to lose.Same thing today.It has allot to do I think with that 4 month lay-off where I really missed her and I just wanted to see her on a court again.After she withdrew from San Diego and Montreal,I really gave up all my hopes of seeing her play in Athens and the USO.But look what she did:she played Athens,won it by beating the best on an incredible way and still made it to the fourth round of the USO.That gold medal really makes up for all the miseryof this year,I think.I don't think she would trade it for any GS at this point,that's how much it means to her.So,seriously,whatever they said on CBS,they were wrong.In the words of Justine: playing Athens was one of the best decisisions she ever took.We still love you sweety and were sure you'll comeback even stronger,now go and have some rest :kiss:

Stefwhit
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:57 AM
... Stefwhit, I feel the same way about Serena as you feel about Justine. Only I guess I like Serena a little more then you Justine, but for the same reasons! :cool:
I guess when it comes to sports and your favorite players there are a whole bunch of catogories different players (and teams for that matter,) can fit into. I respect JuJu as a tennis player, an athlete, and as a warrior on court. Like I said earlier, I'll never be a full-on fan, but I no longer get joy from seeing her lose to just anyone (unless of course it's to one my favorites). Serena and Justine fans have more in common than some realize :wavey:

rottweily
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:04 AM
I see it as a bonus that she reached the 4th round with such erratic play.

Junex
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:07 AM
I guess when it comes to sports and your favorite players there are a whole bunch of catogories different players (and teams for that matter,) can fit into. I respect JuJu as a tennis player, an athlete, and as a warrior on court. Like I said earlier, I'll never be a full-on fan, but I no longer get joy from seeing her lose to just anyone (unless of course it's to one my favorites). Serena and Justine fans have more in common than some realize :wavey:

Tnxs for your posts of appreciation!
you know what i so looked up to in GS events? for Serena and Venus to face-off wiht my Juju!

Indeed, thats what a real rivalry is, i mean as with regards to fans. There is this love-hate relationship.

Joana
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:12 AM
She will come back, there's no doubt about that. :)
US Open wasn't meant to be, but it doesn't matter because she made the most of a terrible year for her health. I hope we can see more of her this year, but if not, I just want her to rest well and come back even stronger next season. :kiss:

"Sluggy"
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:41 AM
Justine is the best. Good she needs a challenge and I believe she will succeed in and win again and again. Love you Justine.

kiekeboe
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:03 AM
Justine take some rest, and come back stronger!

Truthwillout
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:45 AM
What an uplifting thread! I mean honestly I really enjoy non-Justine fans paying these compliments. Thank you, guys. As for Justine, I was like poster allezjuju, meaning I didn't quite believe she could go far with the kind of spotty tennis she was playing. Good for Nadia. May she go far in the tournament (although I've got a hunch Kuzzi is better at the moment)
The most urgent thing for Justine now is to solve her health problems and take more precautions against chills when travelling (if such a thing is possible)

gladysharon
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:12 AM
I'm a little disappointed and shocked when I read the news on the net after I got back from school. Anyways, Justine you did your best. :)

You will get back your number 1 ranking real soon and have a chance to win more titles after the US Open for sure.
You have your fans who are behind you every step of the way.
From what I have read, you played so tired...you take a good rest and come back stronger than ever!!...:bounce:

It's just an off-day for a player...it it happened to be you today unfortunately. ALLEZ!!...You'll come back strong!! :worship:

SilK
Sep 7th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Once and for all... for all the ignorant people on this thread :rolleyes: *there are plenty obviously*

I AM NO JUSTINE HATER! :mad:

Greenout
Sep 7th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Once and for all... for all the ignorant people on this thread :rolleyes: *there are plenty obviously*

I AM NO JUSTINE HATER! :mad:

Stop trolling us. Your not wanted in here. Leave us alone.
We don't want your harrassment. Dig, ok. How many posts
do you have to make before they ban you for harrassment?

You got some nerve to come in here and make slurs. Calling
everyone ignorant?

Greenout
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Wow. How do you like that Justine is bigger than Venus, Maria
or any other player? Look at all the threads, her loss is bigger
news than Venus or Maria. Kim? Nobody is posting threads about
her? What about who the new champ may be next week? nobody
cares all they want to post is about JHH!

This loss overshadows Serena's outfits? Does anybody care about
the big QF between Serena and Capster? No! They want to post
and talk about JHH.

Only the best get talked about after defeat. If she wasn't
great, nobody would even blink an eyelid over this loss. :)

faste5683
Sep 7th, 2004, 01:03 PM
Well, what can I say? Justine had so many miss-hits I thought she was gonna open up a frame shop. She didn't seem to be *seeing* the ball at all. Night time match, rust; I could go on and on but the biggest factor was Nadia. Whew, she served like a demon out there, with great groundies to match. Too good. I think the Olympics lulled us into a more optimistic mindset than was reasonable... the boss needs LOTs of matchplay to stay sharp with her high risk game. Justine will be just fine...I'm just glad she's healthy.

:wavey: