PDA

View Full Version : Why was Venus rude to Lindsay at the net?

treufreund
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:01 AM
USA Network just said that the exchange at the net was icy? i did not see the match.

is this true? or just exaggeration?

i did see the beginning of the match and noticed that Venus was given nasty glares but that is no proof.

usatennis1
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:02 AM
I did not notice anything different.

gossipcom
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:02 AM
It definitely wasn't the nicest greeting at the net that's for sure - but it was nothing different to their previous meetings :)

jbone_0307
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:04 AM
it was icy, I turned away for a quick second while Venus was walking up to net, and turned my head back and they showed Lindsay waving :haha:

Ryan
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:05 AM
IMO it looked to me like Lindsay sort of rushed through her handshake with Venus and the ump, and Venus probably wanted to get off court too.

htm
USA Network just said that the exchange at the net was icy? i did not see the match.

i did see the beginning of the match and noticed that Venus was given nasty glares but that is no proof.

Why is it that Venus had to be nasty to Lindsay why not the other way around. For what I had heard Lindsay has been running her f_ _king head along with everybody else about the WS.

Kabibi
From not seeing it, why are you starting it off with the assumption that Venus was rude to Lindsay?

treufreund
is venus only gracious when winning? or is lindsay behind the scenes a bigger biatch than assumed?

I tend to think it is a combination of both and just plain old disappointment at losing. Serena is more gracious tho.

Jericho
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:06 AM
It was a normal handshake :shrug:

But of course they dont mention the cheek to cheek thing she gave to her last 2 opponents ;)

Foot_Fault
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:07 AM
it was just a regular meeting they shook hands Venus even said, nice match....but it was Davy's moment so she left the court

treufreund
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:09 AM
if you will notice i posed questions about how nice both of them are, BUT I only noticed Venus giving glares early on so that is why i would think she was the icy one. she is known for being poker-faced anyways.

but I did NOT SEE IT so just give me your PERCEPTIONS. :(

thelittlestelf
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:09 AM
is venus only gracious when winning? or is lindsay behind the scenes a bigger biatch than assumed?

I tend to think it is a combination of both and just plain old disappointment at losing. Serena is more gracious tho.
Definitely not, Venus is VERY gracious. I saw a full, toothy smile when she went to the net after she lost to Karolina Sprem. She didn't have the most gracious exchange at the net today---but it was still friendly and she cracked a smile, far from "icy."

Black Mamba.
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:10 AM
Vee lost she shook Lindsay's hand there was no more or less than that. Tracy is always trying to start stuff with them, I can only say if I were them I would fire back, but that shows what type of character they have.

harloo
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:12 AM
What were they supposed to do, make out? Venus shook Lindsay's hand and walked away. Lindsay did not have any problem with it, and Vee was fine with it. The USA network is just trying to start some bullshit.

Kabibi
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:12 AM
if you will notice i posed questions about how nice both of them are, BUT I only noticed Venus giving glares early on so that is why i would think she was the icy one. she is known for being poker-faced anyways.

For a person who didn't see the match, and yet from hearing one line of a commentators story, you came up with "Why was Venus rude to Lindsay at the net". You clearly fashioned your question from your assumption and not from true curiousity. I would have thought a question of "What happened at the net between Venus and Lindsay" would have adequate.

Mrs. Peel
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:13 AM
Treufiend is being shrill and overreacctive again...:rolleyes:

didn't Agadore bring you your Pirin today? :p

Kabibi
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:14 AM
No it wasnt a normal handshake .... Venus walked up to the net quickly after Lindsay won and waited for Lindsay, lindsay took her time gettin to the net and then just sorta brushed Venus' hand and then kept walking. It looked like Venus wanted to have a couple of words with her about the match but Lindsay just sorta brushed her off. Certainly not Venus' fault.
So the wording of this post really should be why was Lindsay rude to Venus at the net.

tennischick
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:18 AM

i did see the beginning of the match and noticed that Venus was given nasty glares but that is no proof.can't you find a more HONEST way to gloat that Venus lost? i would respect you a whole lot more.

htm
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:20 AM

but I did NOT SEE IT so just give me your PERCEPTIONS. :(

Well shut the hell up then if you then see it, if someone told you that you mom was a skinny a_s looser with no tits would you believe them. :lol:

VW#1
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:26 AM
i hope they have a live copy of an interview with Venus on the US Open site. I love it when reporters ask dumb ass questions and the queen sets them down.

Andrew.
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:27 AM
Lindsay actually was the one who just kind of raced off. :p

Stamp Paid
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:27 AM
I wouldnt be surprised if Lindsay wa srude to Venus, or vice versa. They both are mistakenly perceived as gracious.

Jericho
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:30 AM
I wouldnt be surprised if Lindsay wa srude to Venus, or vice versa. They both are mistakenly perceived as gracious.
what's that supposed to mean? :rolleyes:

thelittlestelf
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:33 AM
Mistakenly?! Did you see Lindsay congratulate Maria after she beat her in that crushing 3 setter? Did you see Venus after she lost those two tiebreak sets to Karolina Sprem with that nice smile and congratulations? They are both very gracious players.

tennisfun
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:49 AM

but I did NOT SEE IT so just give me your PERCEPTIONS. :( Ask your sex buddy Fingon pig for perceptions. And you will get what you want.

SilK
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:51 AM
IMO it looked to me like Lindsay sort of rushed through her handshake with Venus and the ump, and Venus probably wanted to get off court too.

looked to me that way as well...

so if we gonna call anybody rude, it was Lindsay... please change your thread name, you didn't even see the match :confused:

Stamp Paid
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:52 AM
Mistakenly?! Did you see Lindsay congratulate Maria after she beat her in that crushing 3 setter? Did you see Venus after she lost those two tiebreak sets to Karolina Sprem with that nice smile and congratulations? They are both very gracious players.
Yes, smack on a fake smile at net, but in post match interviews, and as far as giving credit to your opponents, Venus is as bad as Serena, and Lindsay is only a little better.

cool bird
Sep 7th, 2004, 03:47 AM
Yes I must say Venus was not rude to Davenport at all. She shook her hand but she understood this was a big moment for her so step aside and let Davenport take her moment. Venus is not the type of person I think who makes big show in front of everyone, She does it away from the glare of the camra. Her and Davenport get on well off the court Venus prob said something then as they have to go back to the same locker room.

cool bird
Sep 7th, 2004, 03:52 AM
Yes, smack on a fake smile at net, but in post match interviews, and as far as giving credit to your opponents, Venus is as bad as Serena, and Lindsay is only a little better.

Oh whatever as alot of people know on this site I say a lot things about Venus game that do please everyone. But Venus and Davenport are very humble and repectful to there opponents. And Serena is getting better too. Venus says it how she see it and most of the time it is spot on. (shame it does not work with her forehand thou)

Knizzle
Sep 7th, 2004, 03:57 AM
OK, but what does that have to do with this thread??

bmxbandit
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:00 AM
What were they supposed to do, make out?
:lol: :lol:

Infiniti2001
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:13 AM

Queenella, oopsTreufiend, don't you have anything better to do?? :rolleyes: Meanwhile , Venus was very pleasant at the net, actually she skipped there with a big smile --- it was like she won the bloody match.

do not comment on anything you know nothing about in the future :tape:

Pureracket
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:15 AM
The title of this thread is almost as ignorant as the thread starter.

Peace

Bright Red
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:17 AM
No it wasnt a normal handshake .... Venus walked up to the net quickly after Lindsay won and waited for Lindsay, lindsay took her time gettin to the net and then just sorta brushed Venus' hand and then kept walking. It looked like Venus wanted to have a couple of words with her about the match but Lindsay just sorta brushed her off. Certainly not Venus' fault.
That's absolutely the way it happened. Venus waited for Lindsay at the net and Lindsay just seemed to walk right by her.

Lindsay seemed caught up in the moment more than anything though. If you notice, she let out an uncharacteristic squeal when she won.

MrSerenaWilliams
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:18 AM
Venus is never buddy buddy with anyone she loses to except Serena. She is always 'condescending' to everyone she beats except Serena. She's not being icy, she's being professional. There was nothing rude about the exchange. Davenport was in a rush to 'soak in' the 80% Pro-Davenport atmosphere (that whole underdog crap is BULLSHIT!). Nothing personal...just business. I can't wait 'till career meeting #26.

TonyP
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:23 AM
It was a courtesy handshake to be sure. It seemed to me Lindsay wanted it over as quickly as possible. There appeared to be no love lost between these two. The average men's match ends on much friendlier terms.

maccardel
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:25 AM
Yes I must say Venus was not rude to Davenport at all. She shook her hand but she understood this was a big moment for her so step aside and let Davenport take her moment. Venus is not the type of person I think who makes big show in front of everyone, She does it away from the glare of the camra. Her and Davenport get on well off the court Venus prob said something then as they have to go back to the same locker room.

There was nothing wrong in the way they shook hands. period.

Cybelle Darkholme
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:43 AM
Venus is never buddy buddy with anyone she loses to except Serena. She is always 'condescending' to everyone she beats except Serena. She's not being icy, she's being professional. There was nothing rude about the exchange. Davenport was in a rush to 'soak in' the 80% Pro-Davenport atmosphere (that whole underdog crap is BULLSHIT!). Nothing personal...just business. I can't wait 'till career meeting #26.
of course its bullshit.

Go take some time off venus and hire and coach or whatever it is you need cause you need something.

Volcana
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:10 AM
You know, it's possible that lindsay simply doesn't like Venus. You can't like everybody. No one does. It's also possible words were exchanged in the locker room. Who knows. Nobody shot anybody.

Leo_DFP
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:13 AM
IMO it looked to me like Lindsay sort of rushed through her handshake with Venus and the ump, and Venus probably wanted to get off court too.I agree, it was Davenport who rushed it a bit and didn't make real eye contact with Venus. I think she said, "Thankyou" and quickly shaked hands before going around the post and waving to her box and fans.

Not a real big deal and certainly no scandal like Schnyder/Martinez from April, but it was just a little bit cold, unlike after some of their past meetings.

I think Davenport has said in the past that she's not about to go have dinner with Venus, but they are cordial, orpossibly even more friendly than that. And she said recently in her TW interview that her and Serena do some talking from time to time, especially about fashion and gossip. She said that Serena is more outgoing and therefore takes more time out to talk to her before or after matches than Venus does.

lolo7
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:15 AM
The icey one was really Davenport. I have it on tape. Maybe Davenport head is getting too big? Davenport should open her eyes to realize that she wasn't playing a 100% Venus Williams. It took 4 years and injuries to finally win over Venus. With all the ranting about how the William sisters aren't dominating and need help someone needs to tell me other than when the Williams were winning grand slams who the hell is dominating? Myskina out. Henin out. Sharapova out. Until the injuries no one was making it to the finals consistently but the sisters. What does that tell you about womens tennis when a nearly retired Davenport has been winning all summer?

cynicole
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:18 AM
I don't see what the big deal is.

I agree with the people who say it was more Davenport than Venus. I too thought that Davenport was rather taking her merry time to get to the net and all...but she was all "in the moment" and it was a big moment for her. And, of course Venus wanted out of there ASAP. Most players who lose don't want to linger.

Leo_DFP
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:19 AM
I agree with this post on all counts except for the crowd, which I thought was much more even in support given to Lindsay and Venus. And by the end, I heard more "Come on Venus" 's than anything else.

Leo_DFP
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:21 AM
I don't see what the big deal is.

I agree with the people who say it was more Davenport than Venus. I too thought that Davenport was rather taking her merry time to get to the net and all...but she was all "in the moment" and it was a big moment for her. And, of course Venus wanted out of there ASAP. Most players who lose don't want to linger.
:lol: It sort of reminded me when Serena was walking backwards behind the baseline in disbelief, almost, after winning her first Slam on the very same court five years ago.

cynicole
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:23 AM
:lol: It sort of reminded me when Serena was walking backwards behind the baseline in disbelief, almost, after winning her first Slam on the very same court five years ago.
Yeah, I was all, "Come now, Lindsay - you haven't won the tournament yet!"

Grr...all the women I wanted to win today LOST. Crap day all around.

Gogo123
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:50 AM
people try to make a lot about hand shakes...but if you want to talk about handshakes why not talk about petrova's handshake?

treufreund
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:54 AM
yes, it was Davy who was chilly. Mary Carillo reported that Venus was quoted saying "if i had played decent I would have won" after her loss at BOTW Classic in which she also said "I was not at my best today and yet it was still 7-6 in the third"

I think Lindsay is still pissed at those comments.

Rocketta
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:58 AM
yes, it was Davy who was chilly. Mary Carillo reported that Venus was quoted saying "if i had played decent I would have won" after her loss at BOTW Classic in which she also said "I was not at my best today and yet it was still 7-6 in the third"

So you're saying that Lindsay is so petty that after winning 3 other tournaments and on the way beating Venus wasn't enough for her to get over those comments? That somehow she's still holding a grudge? :scratch:

Equinox
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:00 AM
Venus is never rude and she wasnt this time. Lindsay if anyone was.

Jakeev
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:39 AM
I have to admit, even though I am a Lindsay fan, I saw and felt that exact same thing as what you described. I don't even think Lindsay noticed at all.

Crazy_Fool
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:13 AM
Maybe they just don't like each other. Big deal, why u making such a big thing of it, ive seen alot worse in my time. I remember Capriati-Clijsters at the YEC, and these 2 are supposed to be friends :)

So why read so much into it.

Crazy Canuck
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Lindsay actually was the one who just kind of raced off. :p
Indeed. That is how I saw it too. I also didn't care either way.

Sigh.

Loughyunijen
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:07 PM
I am a huge Lindsay fan.....but after watching the match i thinkn lindsay was a little "speedy" in her handshake.....but i honestly think it was just due to the fact she was caught up in a masive moment and a crowd of 20,000, cheering her on! She was just excited to have won........dont think she would have even realised she may have been a bit "speedy" with teh handshake!

And besides if they dont like each other........then bothered.....we dont get on with all our work colleagues do we??!!!

Although i can see why lindsay could be pissed.....venus always says "if i had played better.... or "if i had not been injured" BOTHERED.....venus shou;d just take the loss end off.....we all know the willimas sisters think thet are it.....and lindsay just proved all summer they are NOT!!!

villa
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:47 PM

Then How comes lindsay admitts that the only reason she won was because of venus's errors and her game plan was to hope venus made more errors than winners??

www.usopen.org (http://www.usopen.org)

Rub
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:59 PM
i wish lindsay will win this... venus needs a time to think about where she is exactly... and what she's doing!

JonBcn
Sep 7th, 2004, 01:01 PM
Perhaps - just perhaps - it was because she'd just been knocked out of the US Open and wasn't in the best of moods..? Crazy hypothesis, I know...

WF4EVER
Sep 7th, 2004, 01:03 PM
You know, it's possible that lindsay simply doesn't like Venus. You can't like everybody. No one does. It's also possible words were exchanged in the locker room. Who knows. Nobody shot anybody.I have never thought that Lindsay liked Venus, especially when she began to beat her continuously. There was a time when Davenport used to pass remarks about the sisters that I didn't like at all then she stopped when the beatings began.

It always seemed to me that when she shook Venus' hand she would wipe it off and I never liked it, but now that she's beating Venus again I suppose it's good enough reason to become her usual cocky self.

alfajeffster
Sep 7th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Treufiend is being shrill and overreacctive again...:rolleyes:

didn't Agadore bring you your Pirin today? :p

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Itsa de asaprin with de a and de s uh scraped offa!:lol:

Or then there's the ever-popular "sweetie, you're wasting your gum.":lol:

lolo7
Sep 7th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Perhaps she was cold to Venus because she knows Venus was the only one capable of kicking her ass. What determined the matches between Davenport and Venus this summer is Venus's unforced errors. I don't think Lindsey is as nice as people make her out to be. Up until the summer Lindsey hasn't beaten Venus in four years, she is smart enough to know that the Venus she is beating right now isn't the stable Venus who controlled the courts.

LUXXXAS
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:10 PM
It was normal hand shaking IMHO. I didn't suppose to see them kissing:eek:

bandabou
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Iīm telling you.....people focus soooo much on the Williamses and arrogant and this and that, well...Lindsay isnīt all nice and cosy either!!

Crazy_Fool
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:33 PM
Iīm telling you.....people focus soooo much on the Williamses and arrogant and this and that, well...Lindsay isnīt all nice and cosy either!!
I agree, i think all top players are bitches in a way, except for Kim but thats probably her problem.

Helen Lawson
Sep 7th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Come on, all these broads hate each other, it's part of the biz. When I was backstage at the Oscars after I won and later at the Governor's Ball, Liz Taylor and those three other dames I beat out weren't doing me any favors. In fact, that awful Liz tried to trip me, but Floyd threatened her with a shank after that, so she stayed away from me for the rest of the evening. And this is what goes on each and every year. Sissy Spacek actually put some salt peter in Eric Benet's dinner!

gweeny
Sep 7th, 2004, 03:08 PM
I agree, i think all top players are bitches in a way, except for Kim but thats probably her problem.
Kim is definetely too nice for her liking. It may be something that is hampering her from winning slams.

Not too many "sweet" tennis players have won slams in the WTA. You do have to be tough and at times bitchy. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

bandabou
Sep 7th, 2004, 03:24 PM

Yet it is all vanilla ice Lindsay and stuff...and the bad evil Williams sisters.

WF4EVER
Sep 7th, 2004, 03:51 PM
I think Kim may be an even better actress than Serena thinks she is.

Kelly
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:25 PM
well its a wellknown fact on the tour that lindsay and venus are not the best of friends...they get on better than they use to but lindsay is good friends with serena...this was a huge a win for lindsay and she wanted to do the wavey thingy....its no biggy! if they slapped each other i could understand all the fuss but they didint so lets just leave it

Loughyunijen
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Bitch stfu when have you heard that Venus and Serena blame a lost on an injury.

they do it all the time.....Venus quoted said in the new york times " if I'd not have been injured so much then I would have beaten lindsey" (in the Bank of West tournament earlier this summer.)

She also said "if i had played my best i could have won this match"

Well if that was her reason then why didnt she play her best??? It al comes down to how you play on the day ......besides the results dont lie!

Loughyunijen
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:27 PM

:bounce: GO lindsay :bounce:

Loughyunijen
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:28 PM

:sad: CHIN UP VENUS....THERE'S ALWAYS FASHION SCHOOL 4U! :sad:

fammmmedspin
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:35 PM
That exchange in full:

"Goodbye Lindsay"

"Goodbye Venus"

volta
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:37 PM
she wasnīt rude they chacked hands like EVERY PLAYER DOES. so every player is rude now?
and BTW Vee lost what were people expecting? smiles, fire works and all that? MG why is that every1 has something bad to say about the sisters.
in rthe words of MJ "LEAVE THEM ALONE".

Jericho
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:43 PM
:sad: CHIN UP VENUS....THERE'S ALWAYS FASHION SCHOOL 4U! :sad:
more like her own interior design company ;)

Jakeev
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:31 PM
Perhaps she was cold to Venus because she knows Venus was the only one capable of kicking her ass. What determined the matches between Davenport and Venus this summer is Venus's unforced errors. I don't think Lindsey is as nice as people make her out to be. Up until the summer Lindsey hasn't beaten Venus in four years, she is smart enough to know that the Venus she is beating right now isn't the stable Venus who controlled the courts.
What the fuck that does that mean? What does Lindsay's personality have to do with anything. So they were not all chummy at the net. They both smiled at each other and moved on.

Lindsay has been nothing but respectful about the Williams sisters and their dominance, but she is smart enough to know that they are beatable.

You know what really fucking pisses me off about Venus fans is that when they are criticized they have to go taking digs at players like Lindsay.

Grow up:fiery:

skanky~skanketta
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:51 PM
too many haters....still, icy or not, if i were venus, i'd be cold. i mean, she was always cold before and i think this loss will propel her further up next year. i mean, she has never lost before the semis at the USO. give her some credit for fucks sake.

Pureracket
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:51 PM
What the fuck that does that mean? What does Lindsay's personality have to do with anything. So they were not all chummy at the net. They both smiled at each other and moved on.

Lindsay has been nothing but respectful about the Williams sisters and their dominance, but she is smart enough to know that they are beatable.

You know what really fucking pisses me off about Venus fans is that when they are criticized they have to go taking digs at players like Lindsay.

Grow up:fiery:Jakeev,
I see you're not "f#$*ing pissed off" enough to get mad @ the thread starter about this thread, though. It was started under a false and ignorant assumption, but you all have so conveniently shifted the conversation from that little factor.;)

tennisfan1972
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:52 PM
VENUS definitely was not dissing Davenport. Venus ran to the net immediately after she missed the last shot, she shook the umpires and and moved back towards thenet to wait for Lindsay and greet her. she was not beng rude at all, she shook davenports hand and then left. so how was thiss even up for discussion? she is allowed to shake the umpires hand first right. I think she was just ready to get out of the way and let Lindsayhave her moment after what was a really intense and well fought match.

Jakeev
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:06 PM
Jakeev,
I see you're not "f#$*ing pissed off" enough to get mad @ the thread starter about this thread, though. It was started under a false and ignorant assumption, but you all have so conveniently shifted the conversation from that little factor.;)
Why should I be pissed at the originator of the thread? He did not see the match and asked a question and we tried to answer it.

It is not me that shifted the conversation.......

Pureracket
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:22 PM
Why should I be pissed at the originator of the thread? He did not see the match and asked a question and we tried to answer it.

It is not me that shifted the conversation.......Well, I've seen your posts. You have common sense, man. The question of this thread implies something that is not true. It's not some innocent question. If he didn't see the match (which has never stopped him from asking ignorant questions about the Sisters before), then maybe he should have rephrased the title, thus the tone, of the question.

You all jump at the opportunity to get all worked up at those "offensive Williams fans," but you Always, ALWAYS, ALWAYS refuse to acknowledge the instigation that started it all.:)

Your going off on a tangent about how much the Williams fans "fu#$ing piss you off" means nothing in a thread like this which was started with the intent to piss the Williams fans off in the first place. You have over 4,000 posts. You know the kind of snake treufruend is when it comes to Williams.

Jakeev
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:28 PM
Well, I've seen your posts. You have common sense, man. The question of this thread implies something that is not true. It's not some innocent question. If he didn't see the match (which has never stopped him from asking ignorant questions about the Sisters before), then maybe he should have rephrased the title, thus the tone, of the question.

You all jump at the opportunity to get all worked up at those "offensive Williams fans," but you Always, ALWAYS, ALWAYS refuse to acknowledge the instigation that started it all.:)

Your going off on a tangent about how much the Williams fans "fu#$ing piss you off" means nothing in a thread like this which was started with the intent to piss the Williams fans off in the first place. You have over 4,000 posts. You know the kind of snake treufruend is when it comes to Williams.
Hmmm for somebody who knows about how many posts I have, you really don't know much about me as a poster. I condemn people who bash the sisters just as much as I complain about posters who whine about the way Venus is treated.

And just because I have over 4000 post does not mean I pay attention to every poster. I remember treufreund from the old board but that does not mean I pay attention to all of his posts.

As for you Purepacket, you also have a lot of common sense. And I am surprised a smart poster like yourself would buy into the paranoid rhetoric of posters like lizchris.

Pureracket
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:17 PM
Jakeev,
It would be hard to tell from your initial post about the "Williams fans f*(&ing pissing you off" that you would run to their defense. You seemed pretty put off by the Williams fans. That's not the issue at all, though.

If you remember anything about treufiend from this board or any other board, you know his approach to "all things Williams," and I would imagine that that would've been taken into consideration when you saw the thread starter. Whether you don't like a post, regardless of the fanbase, it's cool if you state the disapproval. One would think, though, that the big picture would have more of a consideration(big picture being the title of the thread).

I don't know how lizchris got into this convo. between us, but you don't really see anyplace where I've bought into anybody's paranoid rhetoric. Have you seen where I've replied to one of lizchris's posts? I read your posts because they are entertaining and above the sophomoric rhetoric that oftentimes prevail here. It looks like I mind don't meet that same standard for you, though. . . lol.

Jakeev
Sep 8th, 2004, 01:24 AM
Jakeev,
It would be hard to tell from your initial post about the "Williams fans f*(&ing pissing you off" that you would run to their defense. You seemed pretty put off by the Williams fans. That's not the issue at all, though.

If you remember anything about treufiend from this board or any other board, you know his approach to "all things Williams," and I would imagine that that would've been taken into consideration when you saw the thread starter. Whether you don't like a post, regardless of the fanbase, it's cool if you state the disapproval. One would think, though, that the big picture would have more of a consideration(big picture being the title of the thread).

I don't know how lizchris got into this convo. between us, but you don't really see anyplace where I've bought into anybody's paranoid rhetoric. Have you seen where I've replied to one of lizchris's posts? I read your posts because they are entertaining and above the sophomoric rhetoric that oftentimes prevail here. It looks like I mind don't meet that same standard for you, though. . . lol.
Again love, if you really paid attention to my posts you would see I usually only show disdain toward Williams fans that like to stir the pot such as lizchris.

I also will comment about a Williams fan diatribe about Lindsay because Lindsa is my fave and although Linds is not perfect, she has shown much respect toward the sisters and my earlier comment was somebody who wanted to critique Lindsay in matter I felt was out of line.

Perhaps you should have read the post I was responding too since you made no comment about that poster, but managed to pick on the starter of this thread.