PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Horror movies!

Oizo
Mar 12th, 2002, 12:40 PM
Last time I made a mistake, cause I let many good movies out. I am sorry if any of your favourite is not in the poll.:wavey:

timmbo
Mar 12th, 2002, 12:51 PM
The Exorcist is the only movie, besides jaws, that still can give me nightmares.

Oizo
Mar 12th, 2002, 01:11 PM
:bounce:

rightous
Mar 12th, 2002, 01:33 PM
Horror movies are probably my fave genre of film, of the ones you have listed it has to be Hallowen, the mother of all slacker movies and Jamie Lee is the Queen of Babysitters:)

Oizo
Mar 12th, 2002, 01:42 PM
Yes rightous!!:wavey:
Halloween with Jamie Lee is the best for me too. :bounce: John Carpenter made a masterpiece of horror with that one! :cool: :wavey:

rightous
Mar 12th, 2002, 01:50 PM
:wavey: Ozio

Yeah Hallowen is a brillant masterpiece of move making, just the right tension and the when Michael first appears is so creppy:eek:

Martian Mel
Mar 12th, 2002, 03:11 PM
Halloween:cool:

Jippo McScally
Mar 12th, 2002, 04:14 PM
NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :D

Evey
Mar 12th, 2002, 08:30 PM
Scream - The first one was good but the other two werent up to much!

dhenni
Mar 12th, 2002, 08:49 PM
The Shining! :eek: :eek:

TeNnIsFaN
Mar 13th, 2002, 01:49 AM
THe Exorcist!!

Scotso
Mar 13th, 2002, 01:51 AM
I liked Sleepy Hollow. It wasn't really scary but that's good. ;)

Celeste
Mar 13th, 2002, 01:57 AM
I voted for Halloween. It is so damn scary! I have to say, though, in real life, I have lived the bimbo baby-sitter routine, I NEVER would have gotten into an unlocked car after it had been locked, you know what I mean? Dummy! Plus, I usually had the guys wait until I got off of work, even if I had to do a quick blow-job or hand-job. I would not have fucked them in the master bedroom. That's totally wrong. The movie was a little unrealistic on those points.

But I also like Happy Birthday To Me, Mother's Day, I Spit On Your Grave, and Let's Scare Jessica to Death.

CanIGetAWhat
Mar 13th, 2002, 02:00 AM
poltergeist and rosemary's baby :p

Barrie_Dude
Mar 13th, 2002, 02:04 AM
The scariest movie I ever saw was "The Perverted Veggie Boys" and it starred Pea, Carot and Per4ever! That was a scary movie! Imagine seeing those 3 naked! (Barrie Shudders!)

Jordan.
Mar 13th, 2002, 02:06 AM
Scream...:wavey:

SM
Mar 13th, 2002, 04:58 AM
i found scream more of a satire than a traditional horror flick..

the exorcist is my pick :)

PamShriverRockz
Mar 13th, 2002, 06:14 AM
psycho! without a doubt, but then I'm biased as I'm a big Hitchcock fan ;)

marshmellow
Mar 13th, 2002, 12:04 PM
NiGHT of tHe LiVinG DeaD?!

billybizar
Mar 14th, 2002, 08:28 AM
The above poll list is of course way too predictable if some good choices.
What about the excellent german expressionist movies of the 1920's like "Der Golem" or "Nosferatu"? Michael Powell's "Peeping Tom"? Romero's zombie trilogy? Raimi's cartoonesk nasty's? Cronenberg's "Videodrome" , "Scanners", "The Fly" and Miike's absolutely magnificent ultra-violent body of work (I promise, you'll never forget his shocking "Audition" for example - this one had the same effect on me as probably must have had the audience of "Psycho" way back in the sixties: pushing back frontiers.

irma
Mar 14th, 2002, 08:31 AM
Chucky Of course!

Halardfan
Mar 14th, 2002, 09:55 AM
Which version of The Haunting? The original probably is the best scary moive ever...but the remake is awful...so to be on the safe side Ill vote for Halloween.

Aloysius
Mar 14th, 2002, 03:45 PM
I like Carrie and Rosemary's Baby. I used to get confused between Sissy Spacek and Mia Farrow after watching those movies.

Keith
Mar 14th, 2002, 03:49 PM
What about NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD? Those zombies do such UNSPEAKABLE things...like start camp fires and take dumps within 50 feet of a watersouce.

Becool
Mar 14th, 2002, 06:07 PM
What a hard poll :sad: :)

So much horror movies I looove :hearts:
Carrie : A classic! Brilliant acting by Spacek
Rosemary's baby : Mia Farrow perfect...

Others movies also.. But I will vote on Halloween :) Soo cool, scary and has a history, so it rules!!! Michael Myres is coming again for Hall8ween

:bounce:

GO MIKE ;)

Mazza
Mar 14th, 2002, 06:53 PM
Chucky scared me sooooo much!! :eek:

Oizo
Mar 14th, 2002, 11:31 PM
Thanx for the votes guys!:wavey:
I am sorry I let some other good movies out. :sad: I just wanted to see between these who will be on top. ;)
Chris Ba, I ment the new Haunting :o
Again, I am sorry if your movie isn`t here. ;)

KindaNice
Mar 14th, 2002, 11:34 PM
When I first saw the original Halloween...it creeped me out soooooo bad....it is pretty tame now, but at the time it was scarier than sh*t!

I like The Sixth Sense for recent scary flicks....plus the performances were so good.

LucasArg
Mar 15th, 2002, 04:50 AM
Interwiew with a vampire and Dracula are not horror movies to me.

I voted for The Blair witch project, very original.

I also like the exorsist, Nightmare on Elm street ( the first one), and Scream ( only the first).

But the movie I really scream in the cinema was The others, I was scare to death:p

Oizo
Mar 16th, 2002, 01:27 AM
If the Others scared you to death and you think Dracula and Interview of a vampire are not horror movies, then....ROFTLMAO !!!!!:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

PamShriverRockz
Mar 16th, 2002, 01:50 AM
Interesting that The Exorcist is leading the way. I did a bit of a study on it for my film course and most people were disappointed with it when it was finally released on video here in the UK a couple of years back, as if the banning had raised expectation.

I know its not really a horror film but A Clockwork Orange troubled me when I first saw it! I love Kubrick films so I think its good but I did think it was freaky. :rolleyes:

rated_next
Mar 16th, 2002, 01:50 AM
Rosemary's Baby was really good. The Shining - excellent movie.
Scariest has to be The Exorcist - terrifying movie.

Horror movies were better back in the 70s and 80s. Now, there are all so ... predictable.

The Others, and Session 9 are the only "new" movies that I like.

PamShriverRockz
Mar 16th, 2002, 02:00 AM
Horror films really are predictable. Thats because they're a tried and tested formula and film makers don't really want to change that and/or challenge it (its a matter of opinion whether you think that is bad or not! ;)). Thats why I think The Sixth Sense, The Blair Witch Project and The Others were popular, because they were different from the traditional horror films.

LucasArg
Mar 16th, 2002, 05:56 AM
Dracula is a love story for me:hearts:

Sal U. Lite
Mar 16th, 2002, 07:05 AM
THE EXORCIST

"Keep away! The sow is mine!"
"Did you see what she did? Your ****ing daughter."
"Lick me! Lick me!"
There are 3 more lines from that flick that I refuse to quote. :)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Sal U. Lite
Mar 16th, 2002, 07:16 AM
Celeste, I can't believe you mentioned 2 of my all-time favorite horror flicks:
I Spit On Your Grave.
Let's Scare Jessica To Death.

I remember "I Spit On Your Grave" was particularly violent (for it's time). :) But girlfriend sure got her revenge on those bad boys, especially after that brutal rape scene.

"Jessica" wasn't as violent, but it was creepy with all those witches and stuff happening on the lake. :)

I went to 2 Blockbuster Video's tonight (after reading this thread), and neither store had those movies in stock. :( But I'll keep looking!

:D

Lola
Mar 16th, 2002, 01:40 PM
I usually don't watch horror movies (haven't seen al of those ones in the list), but I voted for Bram Stoker's "Dracula", because of the story, not of the horror things.

TatiAnnahølic
Mar 16th, 2002, 01:42 PM
THE EXORCIST :hearts: ( I LOVE THIS FILM)

Sonf@
Mar 16th, 2002, 02:01 PM
THE EXORCIST :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

(but it´s not my fave horror film but me second...)

Oasiatic
Mar 16th, 2002, 03:51 PM
I love The Exorcist. It was really more troubling than scary. The part where she walks down the stairs on her back was good.

Another movie that started off great but I think had the worst ending for a horror movie was Jeepers Creepers. It had great potential....

Maajken
Mar 16th, 2002, 04:25 PM
Psycho. Nothing beats the master of suspense ;)

Oizo
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:10 AM
Jeepers Creepers was really a creep movie...LOL!
WOW so many voted for the Exorcist :eek:
My one and only original Halloween is second :sad: :sad: :sad:

angele87
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:18 AM
One of my fave horror movies was, oh god i can't remember what it's called... with the body in the basement and the little boy who is possesed... anybody know what I'm talking about?? I cannot think of the name of that movie...

Ejective Stop
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:24 AM
That sounds like Shock/Beyond the Door 2. But I could be way off here.

angele87
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:25 AM
I found it, Stir of Echoes !!

Ejective Stop
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:26 AM
And I was, in fact, way off. But similar plots.

Oizo
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:32 AM
Dunno that one :confused:

PamShriverRockz
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:33 AM
Psycho. Nothing beats the master of suspense

Yay! A fellow Hitchcock fan! ;) Psycho is such a great film, my favourite!

vlado
Mar 17th, 2002, 06:32 AM
John Carpenter's "In the mouth of madness"...
Not that scary but I warn you, it will mess up your mind completely :eek:

Oizo
Mar 17th, 2002, 02:14 PM
Damn it, I forgot to put John Carpenter´s "The Fog" :fiery:
You would see the Fog through different eyes after that movie ;) uuuuuuaaaaaaaahhhhh.....LOL :wavey: :cool: :D

Double Fault
Mar 17th, 2002, 03:16 PM
I voted for The Exorcist. I saw it when I wea 8 years old and it scared me a lot. Doesn't mater what Linda Blair does, she'll always be Regan to me.

Amityville was a film I remember from years ago too. The Omen had its moments as well.

sidney prescott
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:22 PM
if i watch another scary movie i will SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mercury Rising
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:30 PM
Scream I thought was a comedy, I laughed a lot while watching it ;)

Blair Witch was sleepening hehe, a reall yawn movie.

I voted Sleepy Hollow, but there must be better horror movies. I have to watch It still, hope it comes close to the book.

shelik
Mar 17th, 2002, 04:38 PM
I voted for Scream with Nighmare On Elm Street a close second.

cullen
Mar 17th, 2002, 07:44 PM
My all time favourite would be "Aprils Fools Day".:D

Other favs!
Let's Scare Jessica To Death.
Night Of The Comet.(Would this count as horror-scary movie?)
Salems Lot.
Friday 13TH 1-8(Part 4 is my favourite at the moment)
Halloween - H20(Halloween4 would be my favourite at the moment)
Urban Legend.(Second all time fav!)
My Bloody Valentine.
Scream, 2 and 3!
Valentine.
Prom Night.
The Burning.
Evil Dead.(Although, I watched this a few weeks ago on DVD, LOL! Looked kinda lame now.)
Evil Dead 2.
Christine.

And one I'm sure not many will mention, wonder how many have actually seen this movie?

"Bad Dreams" starring Jennifer Rubin.:D

Oizo
Mar 20th, 2002, 01:44 AM
BUMP ! :wavey: :rolleyes: :cool: :D

louisa2k2
Mar 20th, 2002, 09:56 AM
hey, i loved scream it was so funny and ive gotta admit the excorsist made me laugh a lot too.