PDA

View Full Version : Did I just read right

cool bird
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:55 AM
Serena Williams doctor told her not to the play the open becuses of her knee.
What the hell is she doing there, yes its great to Serena playing the open. But I want to see her playing next year and the year after. Not quiting the game becuses of a knee.
I have a really bad feeling about this. Wtaching Serena I thought she looked a half step slow I just thought it was due to lack of match play.

Kabibi
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:57 AM
Does Serena win period?

She's taken to task when she's not playing because of her knee and taken to task when she is playing because of her knee.

cool bird
Sep 7th, 2004, 01:05 AM
Hey I want to watch Serena play her full tennis life. Not have it cut short by a injury like hingis. Im sure you would be a lot more upset knowing that Serena may never step out on to a tennis court agin then if she missed another six mouths

lizchris
Sep 7th, 2004, 01:08 AM
Depending on how she does at the USO, she may not play until the YEC, which she will most likely safely qualify for just by getting to the final.

cool bird
Sep 7th, 2004, 01:13 AM
Well fingers crossed for Serena I hoppe and pray that her knee holds up

Stamp Paid
Sep 7th, 2004, 01:15 AM
Yes, sadly, after she had her last MRI after that match against Bovina at San Diego (?), her doctors told her to take 5-6 weeks off, but she decided that she had to play the USO. I'm sure Nike having this entire grand US Open line for her weighed into her decision to play anyway. :( I would rather her not play, because she is too physical a player to come in less than 90% healthy on all fronts, but I just hope she can make short work of Capriati and Momo (sorry JCap and Momo fans) so that she can be good for the final, and then rest that knee properly.

Kabibi
Sep 7th, 2004, 01:16 AM
Hey I want to watch Serena play her full tennis life. Not have it cut short by a injury like hingis. Im sure you would be a lot more upset knowing that Serena may never step out on to a tennis court agin then if she missed another six mouths
I was actually fine with Serena taking however much time she needed. I love watching both Venus and Serena but I also remember the grief Serena in particular was getting because she wasn't on court when people thought she should be. This media and fans.

lizchris
Sep 7th, 2004, 01:16 AM
Well fingers crossed for Serena I hoppe and pray that her knee holds up

It should. I don't think it was that bad or else she would not have competed. Again, I really think that she either will not play or play one tournament until the YEC.

lizchris
Sep 7th, 2004, 01:18 AM
Yes, sadly, after she had her last MRI after that match against Bovina at San Diego (?), her doctors told her to take 5-6 weeks off, but she decided that she had to play the USO. I'm sure Nike having this entire grand US Open line for her weighed into her decision to play anyway. :( I would rather her not play, because she is too physical a player to come in less than 90% healthy on all fronts, but I just hope she can make short work of Capriati and Momo (sorry JCap and Momo fans) so that she can be good for the final, and then rest that knee properly.
Well Serena and Jennifer play tomorrow night and considering night matches and Jennifer don't usually agree, if Serena plays the way she played Sunday, she should be able to finish this match quickly.

cool bird
Sep 7th, 2004, 01:25 AM
I was actually fine with Serena taking however much time she needed. I love watching both Venus and Serena but I also remember the grief Serena in particular was getting because she wasn't on court when people thought she should be. This media and fans.

Well Serena should not let them false her into anything that her body is not ready for. Fans need to understand that sometimes for the greater good she may have to take time away from the game.

This could cut down her carer by years. I may sound stupid, but the stress that is put on to her body every day with traning and pratice etc etc could really hurt her in the furture