PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to all Venus fans...

joaco
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:28 PM
who were classy after Venus' defeat. You trully surprised me, I never thought some of you would accept so graciously her defeat.
It is worth to be mentioned, thank you:worship:

Joaco

Venus Forever
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:32 PM
It's mostly non-Williams fans who start the problems.

The Williams fans are just there to defend their fave from their negativity.

htm
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:34 PM
who were classy after Venus' defeat. You trully surprised me, I never thought some of you would accept so graciously her defeat.

Joaco

I think most WS fans are Lindsay fans after all Lindsay is the first big babe of tennis. Myself I love tennis period, except when Maria plays.

Freewoman33
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:35 PM

AMEN!!

Aphrodite
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:35 PM
well i love Venus so, but I notice a lot of the Venus fans like or atleast respect Lindsay, I mean both have produced such a great rivary, 25 times.
congrads to both venus and lindsay fans cause, its just great for both to see this matches.

lizchris
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:36 PM

Exactly, which is why I hope Lindsay does not win the USO because it is her fans and her bandwagon fans that have been piling on Venus and I am waiting for the letdown in the name of either Justine, Serena or Amelie.

Anna F'd Enrique
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:38 PM
umm hmm dav did her thang

well....i can watch the rest tournament without worrying. All my favs are gone on the women side....as you can see by my sig

esquímaux
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:39 PM
I think the Vee fans are used to the losses, and it's nice to see them showing some "class & restraint" ;) Now if it was Serena who lost....

Jericho
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:40 PM

Joaco
well just like every other fan base...there are the gracious fans and then there are the delusional fans ;)

It just so happens that most people give their attention to the latter, and just ignore the decent ones :o

Tennisfan-Mtl
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:40 PM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You just showed your bitterness provoked by Venus' loss....How do you want non-Williams fans to support you when you write stupidities like these ?

When I read comments like yours, I become a MEGA anti-Wliiams fans..

Oh...by the way, congrats Lindsay :bounce: :hearts: :bounce: You were definitely and clearly the SUPERIOR player out there today :D

GoDominique
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:41 PM
Well, what did you expect them to say?
The match wasn't really controversial so ...

Jericho
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:42 PM

You just showed your bitterness provoked by Venus' loss....How do you want non-Williams fans to support you when you write stupidities like these ?

did you see the threads a couple of minutes ago :o

gweeny
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:45 PM
This is a stupid thread. This idiotic generalization of Williams fans is so immature.

Siyasema
Well in all honesty, good play should be respected. Lindsay was great today.

And for some of us, Lindsay is a favorite as well. I think some Venus fans while sad that Venus lost, saw some sparks that lifted them up and at times, it's good to concentrate on the positives.

Being down on Lindsay would have shown a lack of respect for her as a player, but for the match and what Venus also contributed to that great match.

Hulet

Joaco
*starts problem* :)
Congratulation to you too. I am immensly surprised. I never thought that you would acknowledge Venus' fans being gracious in their fave's defeat. Yes, it's worth to be mentioned. Thank you.

Seriously though, this (not mine, but your) post is kind of unreasonable. It's not the problem of Venus' fans that you overlooked their gracousness throughout the years and assumed that they can't be one. All of a sudden your eyes can see the truth (half-truth actually since you still see their graciousness as an exception rather than the rule) and you want me to appreciate it? :rolleyes:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:50 PM
The truth is why should we be REALLY angry. This tournament has shown a lot of promise for Venus coming back. I'm just happy to see the old Venus resurface again. Congrats to all Davenport fans, she did play very well today!
I just can't wait to see Venus play again :bounce:!!!!

Dana Marcy
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:04 AM
The truth is why should we be REALLY angry. This tournament has shown a lot of promise for Venus coming back. I'm just happy to see the old Venus resurface again. Congrats to all Davenport fans, she did play very well today!

That's exactly the way I saw today's match. The old Venus came out a few times and it was great to see!!! :D Venus has a long way to go but she'll get there. She needs to get into shape and dedicate herself to TENNIS!

Venus Forever
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:09 AM

Oh...by the way, congrats Lindsay :bounce: :hearts: :bounce: You were definitely and clearly the SUPERIOR player out there today :D
If you would bother to actually read what happens after many of Venus' losses, or even Serena's losses, you will see that I am right.

As soon as Venus lost at the Australian, what happens?? People bump up threads about how one poster claimed Venus would win the title. Same at Roland Garros.

Then have 30 threads about how Venus sucks and how her career is over.

How do you expect Williams fans to react?? They are going to be on the defensive. They are going to try and defend Venus, and SOME posters will try to degrade the other players due to revenge.

Most of the problems starts simply because the haters want to gloat, and that's basically it.

Aphrodite

I totally agree, altough I cant be angry at all cause not only is venus improving, i love both players about the same and with most my other players retiring Venus and Lindsay are about one of the only ones left from my faves....
and i love both........

joaco
Seriously though, this (not mine, but your) post is kind of unreasonable. It's not the problem of Venus' fans that you overlooked their gracousness throughout the years and assumed that they can't be one. All of a sudden your eyes can see the truth (half-truth actually since you still see their graciousness as an exception rather than the rule) and you want me to appreciate it? :rolleyes:
It's not a matter of you to appreciate it. I just gave my honest oppinion. I was surprised by some of the replies in other threads, it's not like 'all of a sudden' i realized, i knew there are some classy posters but i mean, it is hard sometimes to accept such defeats. I myself would not know if i would answer that way.... so i though it was something to be mentioned, nothing to question me or anything about

Joaco:wavey:

Jasmin
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:42 AM
I think the Vee fans are used to the losses, and it's nice to see them showing some "class & restraint" ;) Now if it was Serena who lost....

I don't think there will be outrage about Serena either. I don't think most feel Serena's the favorite to win.

Hulet
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:43 AM
It's not a matter of you to appreciate it. I just gave my honest oppinion. I was surprised by some of the replies in other threads, it's not like 'all of a sudden' i realized, i knew there are some classy posters but i mean, it is hard sometimes to accept such defeats. I myself would not know if i would answer that way.... so i though it was something to be mentioned, nothing to question me or anything about

Joaco:wavey:
Okay, I see what you mean now. I have been a bit edgy today :o so sorry for misunderstanding your post. I just want to reiterate that Venus fans give as much credit as other fans (no more no less) when she loses/wins. :wavey: