PDA

View Full Version : Davenport beats Venus: 7-5, 6-4 !

cheesestix
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:42 PM
Congrats to Lindsay!

Venus started with some great serving, but Lindsay was more steady, and her serve was tight.

Venus fought hard in the very last game (to the tune of 9 deuces), but Lindsay was too much.

Best match of the tournament so far!

Next up....Asagoe!

Butchwax
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:42 PM
Lindsay owns Venus once again. There was nothing Venus could do against the Superior Player On
The Day. Venus was at her best and got her ass kicked in straight sets. No mercy for the weak.
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Lindsay is just too good!

foreva lindsay
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:43 PM
7-5 6-4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bounce: :worship: :bounce: :worship: :bounce: :worship: :bounce: :worship: :hearts: :kiss: :kiss: :hearts: :kiss: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

bmxbandit
Crushes? Idiot.

UDiTY
Post Here

tennisiscool
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:44 PM
Venus never made it past the QF's of ANY GS's this year (She played them all)

Keith
Crush? No. But Lindsay has now won 4 straight against the Sisters.

tennisiscool
Also Lindsay now leads in their H2H 13-12 :)

Rtael
Good job Lindsay.

cheesestix
I wouldn't say "crushes", but Lindsay's serve was ROCK SOLID!

Great poise by Lindsay!

Davenport Rock$
Not in shock because she won, but that she never lost her serve. Go Linds, better luck next time Vee. :)

shap_half
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:45 PM
That last game was just fantastic!

thelittlestelf
That was a great match. I'm so happy for Lindsay and so sad for Venus.

Anyone who thinks Venus still doesn't want this is full of shit because if you saw that last game, you saw how much of a fighter Venus is. She wants to get back to the top.

I'm really happy for Lindsay, I really, REALLY want to see her win here.

UDiTY
Great Match Girls:yeah:

Could a done without all those errors on break points in the last game tho Vee.

If she only woulda won that last game I swear it woulda been a classic.

bw2082
:worship: Lindsay :worship:

bandabou
Nice win by Linds....but Venus is gonna have nightmares of that last game. How can she miss that backhand dtl?! And yeah....4 majors, only ONE qf..and that at Rg!!

cheo23
Typical Venus hittin Too many Weak forehands to the NET or long Especially on MAtch POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Someone needs to tell her to get a New Coach to Work on that weak forehand Technique! its TERRIBLE!

tennisiscool
Compared to their previous matches , this was an easy one. Besides Venus herself had said after her last match that she was feeling she was completely back .:)

backhanddtl4
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:46 PM
I like Davenport....and this is the stupidest post i've ever seen, i definately think the creater of this post should get some negative points for this one

fluffydreamcloud
WOW is all I can say about that match, esp that last game. Shame someone had to lose, but Lindsay was definitely better overall.

Never mind vee and congrats Lindsay! :) :yeah:

fabifan#1
wat was the last point did venus made a UE i missed it

SelesFan70
Lindsay! :banana: Way to hang tough on your serve! Fantastic serving by Davenport! :worship:

cheo23
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:47 PM
by the way, Lindsay held smoothly On her SERVice Games except the last GAME!

bandabou
That´s the thing....why crush?! Yeah, it was in straights...but I mean 7-5 6-4 that is just one break in each set.. congrats Linds and Venus?! How can you miss that backhand dtl on bp?! How?!

Tratree
:worship: Lindsay! She is really playing awesome tennis this summer. Unbelievable. She might even earn a place on my avatar now that Mary is out :sad:

esquímaux
Great win Linzi :kiss: I predicted a 7-6 6-3 finish :devil:, but I'll forgive ya this time :lol: Good luck next round babe :yeah:.

vettipooh
Great job,Lindsay.Better luck next time,Venus.

beauty_is_pink
YAY LINDSAY!!! IM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!! :hug: :kiss: :worship:

and :haha: how many threads do we have about Lindsay beating Venus here! :lol:

fabifan#1
how was the last point? i missed it!

Joana
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:48 PM
I was close to tears :o

Well done Lindsay! :banana: :bounce: :bounce:

OUT!
Crushes? Idiot.:lol: I know! She hardly crushed Venus with that tight scoreline. Very tight match. Well done Lindsay though.

SilK
Great Match... Final Worthy... Really, good tennis from both players. A lot of drama, I liked watching every second of it... And that last game was just HISTORY! Too bad this was only the fourth round... But you basically saw the new USOPEN Champ win... She can't lose this tourni! :worship:

cheo23
a Forehand Return LOnG by Venus..Typical!

cheesestix
Typical Venus hittin Too many Weak forehands to the NET or long Especially on MAtch POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Someone needs to tell her to get a New Coach to Work on that weak forehand Technique! its TERRIBLE!

I think the person on the other side of the net (Lindsay Davenport) had just a little to do with the outcome. :rolleyes: IMO, this is the best I've seen Venus play in a LONG time.

vettipooh
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:49 PM
We get the message!!:rolleyes:

bandabou
Last point: good serve by Linds and Venus hits the return out.

cartmancop
Oh well... Tough Match Venus
Great playing by Lindsay though, I hope she will continue to serve that well & win this tournament instead of Henin-Hardenne:(.
Keep working hard Venus, hopefully you can have a good indoor season & save your year @ the Championships.

gweeny
Lindsay, you better win this US open. Since you beat my favorite.

Lindsay did play better, but I saw some hope in Venus. She still needs help with her forehand and serve.

I hope next year will be better for Venus:(

Siyasema
*sigh*

Not the outcome that I wanted.

However there were positives for Venus that I truly liked. Especially in the beginning with holding her serve and just being in the moment. I liked some of the intensity she showed towards the end - wish she could have broken Lindsay when she had the chance.

I wish Venus had won, but just like in her previous match whether it was a serve or if it was intensity and showing some on court desire and spirit that we haven't seen for some time, there were positives. Just not enough.

Now let's go Serena.

cheo23
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:50 PM
Too many Weak Forehands Either Long or to the NET by Venus..She Needs a NEW coach to Teach her properly how to hit a Good Forehand because her Technique Sucks! Poor THing ! LOL

Just_lindsay
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:51 PM
I think the person on the other side of the net (Lindsay Davenport) had just a little to do with the outcome. :rolleyes: IMO, this is the best I've seen Venus play in a LONG time.

Congrats Lindsay! That last game was amazing!

Lucky #5: The fifth seed capitalized on her fifth match point!

UDiTY
Venus never made it past the QF's of ANY GS's this year (She played them all)
Thanks for sharing idiot...why rub it in:rolleyes:

Lindsay played really well. I really think she is going to win this tournament.

Venus tanking on all those BP's the last game(4) made me think of the break points she had against against Mysky at the French(4).

That means she isn't there mentally...but almost. SHe fought hard the last game. She needs to move her feet more, and think more about shot selection like she used to.

GREAT MATCH girls!!! I'll be watching this one again.:bounce:

Janet
Venus did good.............lindsay won't be hot for long!!

JenDavenportfan
Go Davenport! 3 wins against Venus in a row! Great match! :)

CC
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:52 PM
7-5 6-4

VW#1
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:53 PM
Lindsay served amazing in this match. But again this match shows what has been the story all year for both Williams Sisters, but particularly venus. You can see where if she upped her game half a level she'd be winning that match, but she's too inconsistent when she needs it. She'll hit a forehand crosscourt winner on match point, but on break point for her her favorite shot the backhand down the line she misses that badly off the bottom of her racket. Lindsay deserves this win she stayed positive and served amazing and was very consistent off the ground. If I were venus I'd take the rest of the year off, clean up my injuries and my game, and then return at warm up tournie in Australia and then head to melbourne. I STILL LOVE YOU VENUS :worship:

bandabou
Her play on those bp´s were horrible though. Can not be denied....Lindsay played brilliantly. Nothing Venus could do on her service games....

thelittlestelf
Venus is a fighter and really wants this. Anyone who doesn't believe that is full of shit.

Lindsay played well and I really want to see her hold up the trophy this year, it would be wonderful for her and her confidence.

:worship: Venus

:worship: Lindsay

bmxbandit
Did we need another one of these?

There's already 10 of these threads posted....look before you do something like this.

starr
Venus didn't "tank" on the breakpoints! Give her some credit. She was fighting to even the match. Lindsay had some responsibility for putting the ball where Venus is uncomfortable hitting it.

Are all of Venus's shots into the net "tanking?" I don't think so. The girl makes errors and a fair number of them are into the net. I don't doubt that she was nervous and overanxious, but to say she tanked denigrates both her and Lindsay.

Knizzle
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:54 PM
:haha: :haha:

LUXXXAS
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:55 PM
Congrats Linds:yeah:

thelittlestelf
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:55 PM
Lindsay owns Venus once again. There was nothing Venus could do against the Superior Player On
The Day. Venus was at her best and got her ass kicked in straight sets. No mercy for the weak.
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Lindsay is just too good!

Did you even freakin watch the match? :mad:

starr
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:56 PM
Lindsay served amazing in this match. But again this match shows what has been the story all year for both Williams Sisters, but particularly venus. You can see where if she upped her game half a level she'd be winning that match, but she's too inconsistent when she needs it. She'll hit a forehand crosscourt winner on match point, but on break point for her her favorite shot the backhand down the line she misses that badly off the bottom of her racket. Lindsay deserves this win she stayed positive and served amazing and was very consistent off the ground. If I were venus I'd take the rest of the year off, clean up my injuries and my game, and then return at warm up tournie in Australia and then head to melbourne. I STILL LOVE YOU VENUS :worship:
It seems to me that Venus needs more tough match play rather than less. She can work on her game and play at the same time. She needs a trainer with her who will drill her on footwork and conditioning. A subperbly fit Venus will be a more confident Venus, and disciplined footwork will cut down on her unforced errors.

OUT!
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:57 PM
Venus is a fighter and really wants this. Anyone who doesn't believe that is full of shit.

Lindsay played well and I really want to see her hold up the trophy this year, it would be wonderful for her and her confidence.

:worship: Venus

:worship: LindsayTotally agree - they're both my fave players whichis why I hate it when they play each other :( That said, what a great match and let's hope Lindsay keeps up her form.

bandabou
Great fight by Venus in the end.....but that backhand in the bottom of the net can NOT be forgiven....that´s her best shot for crying out!!!

KoOlMaNsEaN
What a great match!

joaco
Congrats Lindsay!!! This is simply excellent. I am so happy now... I feel us Lindsay fans had been waiting SO MUCH this moment. I am actually a bit emotional. ´Thank you Lindsay for such a great win!!

Joaco

Andrew.
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:59 PM
Great match. Venus' forehand wasn't like it was in Stanford at all. Many more winners and fewer errors. Venus actually played very well. It's the best I've seen her play in quite a while.

But Lindsay. :hearts: Amazing. The serve was beautiful, spare a few "issues" in the end. ;) I never thought I'd see the day she took back the H2H again...

fabifan#1
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:59 PM
Last point: good serve by Linds and Venus hits the return out.
thanks

cheo23
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:00 PM
Great fight by Venus in the end.....but that backhand in the bottom of the net can NOT be forgiven....that´s her best shot for crying out!!!
Don't forget at Wimbledon against Karolina Sprem in that 2nd SEt set points..she also hit those Backhands to the net...I think its too much pressure, she can't handle it just yet...but she's gotta work 1st on her sucky forehands...They Suck!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Lindsay SErved so beautiful out there!

Crazy_Fool
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:05 PM
Oh you gotta love Lindsay out there, I really love her attitude right now. No getting down on herself or anything, you gotta love that. She is playing amazingly well :hearts: I loved her reaction at the end.

Venus played about 10 times better than any of her previous matches, but she couldn't take her chances. I hope she can take some confidence from this match though.

Gogo123
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:06 PM
Congrats Lindsay on a great win
Venus played a great last game but coudn't capitilize on the BP's
Something that i found when i checked Venus's activity for the year:
all her loses came from the number 5 in the world, the number 5 seed in the tournament, or a player ranked 28-30

!<blocparty>!
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:12 PM
Amazing. OK, this is the 3ed thread ive commented in, :lol:

Great match, the Marquee match of the year as Sam Smith called it :woohoo:

Great Serving Linds. Unlucky Venus, especially in that last game.

Stamp Paid
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:14 PM
So, whats the diagnosis? Did Venus lose the match with her 42 errors, or did Lindsay win it with her monster serving?

Andrew.
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:15 PM
Venus had alot of winners. It was her best match in a long time. Lindsay just played very well.

Siyasema
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:16 PM
So, whats the diagnosis? Did Venus lose the match with her 42 errors, or did Lindsay win it with her monster serving?
Lindsay beat Venus. There's no taking anything away from this match for the winner.

However, there was more than enough from what I saw from Venus that at times had me straight up cheering and screaming on a positive note.

I saw some things from Venus that I hope she builds on.

Lindsay beat Venus and Venus definitely can go up from here.

Freewoman33
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:18 PM
Great fight, Venus. Don't give up, you'll get there soon.

What an excellent display by Lindsay. Congrats. and good luck the rest of the way.

SERENA WILLIAMS V.S. LINDSAY DAVENPORT - US OPEN FINAL 2004!!!!!!!

Veegeta
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:37 PM
Congrats to Lindsay she stuck to her guns out there...now that she beat my favorite I really hope she makes it to the final, but if its against Serena I would like for Serena win....

Since she beat Vee I would like for her to take Justine out.

Jeleno Benesovo
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:45 PM
well done Lindsay! :yeah:

darrinbaker00
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:59 PM
I like Davenport....and this is the stupidest post i've ever seen, i definately think the creater of this post should get some negative points for this one
The creator of this thread is a card-carrying Williams hater who, for reasons known only to him, is trying to pass himself off as being objective. Had Venus won, he wouldn't have come to this site, let alone started a thread like this.

Leo_DFP
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:01 AM
That last game had my heart pounding unbelievably fast. :o

Over all, it was a very high quality match from both players with plenty of drama in the end. The highlight was definitely Lindsay's serving, except for the last game. :lol: But her first serve percentage and placement were impeccable and didn't allow Venus to get into any kind of rhythm on return. Davenport's return wasn't great either, I thought. Too many easy ones netted and too many chances not converted. She could have won this amtch easier, actually.

Venus Forever
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:03 AM
Just think, the match was this close with Venus hitting only second serves and with a "wishy-washy" forehand, and with basically nothing wrong with Davenport's game.

I honestly don't think Lindsay could have played much better than that, but we all know Venus could have played a whole lot better.

I guess that's one positive about the match.

gossipcom
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:03 AM
I look at it this way, Lindsay made 20 less UE than Venus and didn't have her serve broken. If Venus had played with the intensity she had in that final game for the whole match it could have been a different outcome.

A good win regardless for Lindsay to get under her belt.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2004/09/06/sports1938EDT0512.DTL

"A tough one to get through," said Davenport, who faces 62nd-ranked Shinobu Asagoe of Japan for a semifinal berth. "I wanted to win so badly, and I played such a great, calm match until that point, and then let a few errors creep in."

Not nearly as many as Williams, who since playing her first Slam in 1997 never before went an entire season without reaching at least one major semifinal. She hurt herself with 42 errors, mostly off forehands and more than double Davenport's count.
"It was me. I made too many errors," Williams said. "The thing that hurt me the most was my inconsistency."

Leo_DFP
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:06 AM
Just think, the match was this close with Venus hitting only second serves and with a "wishy-washy" forehand, and with basically nothing wrong with Davenport's game.

I honestly don't think Lindsay could have played much better than that, but we all know Venus could have played a whole lot better.

I guess that's one positive about the match.
Davenport could have returned much better, especially on break points. Too many easy shots missed on breakers and that really frustrated me. Her serve was perfect, I agree.

And I think that there is a lot to be positive about after this match if you're a Venus fan.

cheesestix
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:16 AM
The creator of this thread is a card-carrying Williams hater who, for reasons known only to him, is trying to pass himself off as being objective. Had Venus won, he wouldn't have come to this site, let alone started a thread like this.

Dude, seriously, go "check" ;) yourself! :mad:

You have NO CLUE what you're talking about....so listen up:

SEVERAL THREADS were started about the Lindsay/Venus match....one by me, and several by others. MY thread was titled "Davenport beats Venus: 7-5, 6-4 !" (NOT "DAVENPORT def WILLIAMS!!!!" as it would appear :rolleyes: )and the body was:

(In fact, look at the very first post in this thread)

"Congrats to Lindsay!

Venus started with some great serving, but Lindsay was more steady, and her serve was tight.

Venus fought hard in the very last game (to the tune of 9 deuces), but Lindsay was too much.

Next up....Asagoe!"

ALL OF THESE (Lindsay/Venus) THREADS WERE MERGED!!!!!!!!

ONE of these threads was titled "Lindsay crushes Venus AGAIN!!!" (and it's still there, but it's the 2nd post.....by Butchwax)

THE POST THAT YOU WERE RESPONDING TO (BY backhanddtl4) WAS ACTUALLY A RESPONSE TO BUTCHWAX'S POST IN ANOTHER (BUTCHWAX'S) THREAD (AT THE TIME)....NOT MINE!!!!!!!!! :mad:

In fact, if you look at mine, it's VERY OBJECTIVE and gives credit to BOTH PLAYERS!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I swear, damned if you do, damned if you don't!!!!!!!

You make yourself look like such an ass, too. Because again, my post is very objective, so why would "backhanddtl4" make such a comment about my post? :rolleyes:

I know you're pissy and all because Venus lost, but get your facts straight and quit stalking me.

Again, damned if you do, damned if you don't! :mad: :rolleyes: :mad:

comptoncommon
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:23 AM
Well done Lindsay! When Davenport fell back smiling I couldn’t help thinking about the US Open Final in 2000 when Venus ungraciously danced round Dav! This is such a sweet victory! I’m not going to sit on the fence here I hate Venus and love Davenport so this is as good as it gets!

Masharapova
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:26 AM
Lindsay! :bounce:

G1Player2
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:26 AM

SEVERAL THREADS were started about the Lindsay/Venus match....one by me, and several by others. MY thread was titled "Davenport beats Venus: 7-5, 6-4 !" (NOT "DAVENPORT def WILLIAMS!!!!" as it would appear :rolleyes: )and the body was:

"Congrats to Lindsay!

Next up....Asagoe!"

ONE of these threads was titled "Lindsay crushes Venus AGAIN!!!" (and it's still there, but it's the 2nd post.....by Butchwax)

THE POST THAT YOU WERE RESPONDING TO (BY backhanddtl4) WAS ACTUALLY A RESPONSE TO BUTCHWAX'S POST IN ANOTHER (BUTCHWAX'S) THREAD (AT THE TIME)....NOT MINE!!!!!!!!! :mad:

In fact, if you look at mine, it's VERY OBJECTIVE and gives credit to BOTH PLAYERS!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

You make yourself look like such an ass, too. Because again, my post is very objective, so why would "backhanddtl4" make such a comment about my post? :rolleyes:

I know you're pissy and all because Venus lost, but get your facts straight and quit stalking me.

I hate to say it cheesestix but this poster is right...

I'm not trying to talk bad about you or anything but form what I've seen, you don't like either Williams, and you took satisfaction from this loss...

If Venus had won, this thread would not have existed at all...

And you are trying to seem unbiased when in fact, as I said earlier, you are glad Venus lost...

You don't have to like Venus at all, and I am not trying to bash you or anything...

I'm just saying that I completely understand where the poster you responded to is coming from...

darrinbaker00
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:27 AM

"Congrats to Lindsay!

Next up....Asagoe!"

THE POST THAT YOU WERE RESPONDING TO (BY backhanddtl4) WAS ACTUALLY A RESPONSE TO BUTCHWAX'S POST IN ANOTHER THREAD (AT THE TIME)....NOT MINE!!!!!!!!! :mad:

1. If you wish to believe I'm "pissy" because Venus lost, that's your business.

2. If this thread is really a merging of three threads, fine, but I would much rather hear it from the one of the administrators.

3. If you think I'm making myself look like an ass, then I know I'm doing something right.

4. As for stalking you, that's just your massive ego talking again.

starr
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:34 AM
And you are trying to seem unbiased when in fact, as I said earlier, you are glad Venus lost...

Is there something wrong with being happy that Venus lost? I see a lot of rejoicing on this board when various players lose. It happens when Justine loses, when Jennifer loses, when Maria loses, and I'm sure when a lot of other players lose.

If some one posts a reasonable post that doesn't rejoice in the loss, what's the harm in that person being happy?

cheesestix
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:38 AM
I hate to say it cheesestix but this poster is right...

I'm not trying to talk bad about you or anything but form what I've seen, you don't like either Williams, and you took satisfaction from this loss...

If Venus had won, this thread would not have existed at all...

You don't have to like Venus at all, and I am not trying to bash you or anything...

I'm just saying that I completely understand where the poster you responded to is coming from...

No. That poster is WRONG. :rolleyes:

He's responding to someone (piling on) that he THINKS was talking to me...when that was not the case at all. He was wrong, and he made himself look like an ass.

You're damn right. I don't really care for the Williams sisters, especially some of their fans. But I give credit where credit is due. Both women played a good match, and I commended them.

Damn, I try to give credit and I still get jumped on? :mad:

Would you rather I came in here and gloated? :rolleyes:

cheesestix
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:48 AM
1. If you wish to believe I'm "pissy" because Venus lost, that's your business.

2. If this thread is really a merging of three threads, fine, but I would much rather hear it from the one of the administrators.

3. If you think I'm making myself look like an ass, then I know I'm doing something right.

4. As for stalking you, that's just your massive ego talking again.

1. You've been stalking me all day. This is the 3rd post of mine that you've sought out. And you're definitely more "pissy" after Venus' loss.

2. Ask them. Ask anyone that was here. Why would I make that up? Look at the time of the first 2 posts....6:42 pm. Are you telling me Butchwax typed up all that stuff in his post in less than a minute into my thread? And even if he "pre-typed" it, why would he post it in MY thread? :rolleyes: You are wrong. Accept it.

3. Why, because acting like an ass is your natural behavior?

4. See number 1.

darrinbaker00
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:49 AM
No. That poster is WRONG. :rolleyes:

He's responding to someone (piling on) that he THINKS was talking to me...when that was not the case at all. He was wrong, and he made himself look like an ass.

You're damn right. I don't really care for the Williams sisters, especially some of their fans. But I give credit where credit is due. Both women played a good match, and I commended them.

Damn, I try to give credit and I still get jumped on? :mad:

Would you rather I came in here and gloated? :rolleyes:
You get jumped on because, like I said in another thread, anyone who has read more than one of your posts knows that you're being disingenuous. If Venus had won, you would not have given credit where credit was due, and you very well know that. However, I have come to the realization that you are always right, so I give up. You win.

mykarma
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:50 AM

"Congrats to Lindsay!

Next up....Asagoe!"

Again, damned if you do, damned if you don't! :mad: :rolleyes: :mad:I agree your post was not bias but based on your history, you can't be surprised it people find your post suspect.

cheesestix
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:51 AM
Is there something wrong with being happy that Venus lost? I see a lot of rejoicing on this board when various players lose. It happens when Justine loses, when Jennifer loses, when Maria loses, and I'm sure when a lot of other players lose.

If some one posts a reasonable post that doesn't rejoice in the loss, what's the harm in that person being happy?

That's what I'M saying! :worship:

Actually, I am pretty damn happy that Venus lost! But I tried to be objective with my post, and people STILL bitch about it. Damned if you do, damned if you don't! :mad:

Would they be happier if I was gloating about it? :rolleyes:

tennischick
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:53 AM
Venus always fights desperately when she is about to lose -- and it helps her to lose bec she stops thinking at that point and becomes all emotion. i hope her coach includes that on the list of things she needs to take a second look at.

congrats Lindsay. i expected you to win and you did. :worship:

gossipcom
Sep 7th, 2004, 01:04 AM
he he great article:

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/sports/9595990.htm

NEW YORK - Venus Williams was grunting loudly, Lindsay Davenport was muttering to herself, and the fans were jumping out of their seats after each point.

"I felt OK until I lost the second match point," Davenport said. "Then you get a little like: 'Oh, no. Don't do this.'"

¤CharlDa¤
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:20 AM
I'm still upset and crying lol....

But Lindsay's serve was jsut too good...I think the main reason why I am upset is that last game. If Lindsay would have won it at love, i would be over it by now, but the way that game finished the match is jsut cruel!

Am I the only one to see a ressemblance between that match and the match between Serena and lindsay in Us Open 2001? Let's hope it'll be a turning point for vee as it was for rena!

Cybelle Darkholme
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:22 AM
honestly who didnt see this coming? She beat venus twice recently and shes ranked four while venus is 11.

venus hasnt been the same since her sisters death. at least in last years wimbledon she fought through an ab strain to prevail over kim that was the venus we all know but since yetunde's passing she hasnt been the same.

hingis-seles
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:43 AM
:sad:

Cam'ron Giles
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:51 AM
Lindsay Davenport, THANK YOU.

Now Jenny, send the other one home, PLEASE.
Thats just sad...:rolleyes:

bis2806
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:54 AM
Lindsay was serving so good throughout the match (apart from the last game where she got tight) and she broke down venus' forehand most of the time :) i'm so glad for you lindsay! you showed us who's the champion now :) keep going girl :kiss:

Jakeev
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:49 AM
What a spectacular match from both of them. You know Venus did have a lot of forehand errors but she also had twice as many winners from that wing than Lindsay did.

Either way it was a great match and this is the most ecstatic I have been for Lindsay all year long.

Congrats baby:kiss:

Nikki
Sep 7th, 2004, 08:13 AM
Congrats Lindsay, keep the run going:bounce:

Daniel
Sep 7th, 2004, 09:21 AM
Well done Lindsay!!! :worship: :yeah: :D

Elldee
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:10 PM
I'm so glad Lindsay wasn't broken when she was up 5-4, I think that would have caused her to lose the match. I was so happy that HH went out, and I don't want to jinx Lindsay, but she's basically garunteed a place in the final!

Chunchun
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:13 PM
Venus :sobbing:

viele
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:36 PM
Someone needs to tell her to get a New Coach to Work on that weak forehand Technique! its TERRIBLE!

I'm quite sure it's better than anything YOU can do a tennis court. You, me, and anyone else on this board.