PDA

View Full Version : 6.7 2.6 Mary lost and she's injured

saby
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:49 PM
What a wonderful first set, really really awsome for both player, but, second set Mary had trouble to run at the begining of the second set, she asked for the physio.
Mary was just serving and running just a little. She hit a lot of winners (weird because she couldn't move but she did it) not enough anyway Svetlana was very good today.
At the end Sletlana came up to Mary and spoke with her, journalists said she asked how Mary was feeling...

I'm really sad because the first set was so great, Mary missed just 2 pionts and lost the set

take care Mary we will see you in europe next time

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Andy.
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:52 PM
I hope Mary is alright i hope the injury is not to serious. Mary should be proud of what she had achieved she had a great tournament and beat the Wimbledon Champion you have made us proud. Get healthy soon Mary.

CathyC!
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:01 AM
The match wasn't shown in our area tsk tsk.. they showed the venus-lindsay one.. ugh.. anyways i'm hoping here that the thigh injury isn't that serious. Mary! you had a great comeback in this tournament, hoping to see more of you.. stay healthy cos we surely havent seen enough of you yet. Good luck! :)

matiasv
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:12 AM
hola Humanity, estoy un poco triste por la derrota de mary, pero segun lei jugo un muy buen primer set, a ella nunca le va bien en los tie breaks, pero igualmente hizo un muy buen US open, y a pesar de todo estoy muy contento. Espero que la lesion no sea seria. Sabes cual es su proximo torneo??? Un saludo

ali
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:26 AM
I was following the match on the live scoreboard (stupid Sky decided not to show the match :mad: ) and it looked so close in the first set. Sveta also seemed to be playing great, lots of winners and very few unforced errors, so credit to her.

As usual, as a fan I'm so upset about the loss and the injury and thought that Mary must be feeling terrible, especially after she talked about her injury problems finally being over in her last press conference. But I've just seen a clip of the end of the match and Mary was smiling, so hopefully she's not too down about it. I also saw that she signed autographs after the match, what a star :angel:

I think what we can take from this is that Mary is back and able to compete against the top players. Lets not forget Maria is number 7 in the world and Sveta number 9. If she can stay injury free and have a good run in the indoors season then hopefully her ranking will go up and she'll get some better draws.

We should congratulate Mary on a good tournament. I hope she's proud of herself because she played great and looks like she is getting back to her best form again. A few weeks off before she plays again, where she can work with David and get back to full fitness.
http://www.mary-pierce.org/US_Open_2004/U397P6T12D1131660F44DT20040905085357.jpg

Mark Spruce
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:53 AM
Yes I want to congratulate Mary on a great tournament and play. Such a shame she was robbed again becasue of an injury. I hope that Mary will be over it soon and we can see her back to playing great again.

Yes and doing Autos after the match is great, but Mary shows pure class again and does it when she loose. Not many players do that.

take care

mark

jessie Nai
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:39 AM
I'm very sad about the news!
But Mary played very well!
Take care Mary! :bounce:

humanity
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:47 AM
I hope it doesn't bother you to speak in Spanish...

Matias, los proximos torneos de Mary son Filderstad, Moscow, Zurich y Luxembourg. Espiero que gane uno...

Cheers

saby
Sep 7th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Mary made only 6 unforces errors in first set :angel: it's too bad she didn't convert the break point she had, it could be a diferrent match...
Mary was smiling so I'm not worry as much as before, if her injury was serious, I think she would have stop playing...

:angel: :angel: :angel:

sebbe
Sep 7th, 2004, 01:56 PM
I have to say that I don't think that Mary were able to win this match even if she had played like she did against Maria. I've seen Svetlana played like this once before and it was the match in I think Dubai when she defeated Justine. Kuznetsova played soooo good, she moved perfect and how she served then. I couldn't believe it when i saw the match, aces on the second serves. Mary though looked a little tired I think, she didn't move as good as in her third round match (with that I mean the first set). But I think that Mary should be very proud over herself and the way she has acted and played this tournament.
It really feels like Mary is back where she should and want to be.
It's a little sad though that Mary won't play before Filderstadt, a whole month to go.
My big favourite to this tournament now is Davenport.

mamno_MARYFAN
Sep 7th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Oh....its a shame that Mary lost....after beating Maria and looking so sharp too...damn the injury!!!!!:mad:

Anyway...I'm glad that Mary really picked her form here...this is the best I've seen Mary for some time...simply AWESOME tennis from her!!!!!:angel:

Oh well...at least Mary made it to the 4th round here...who knows...maybe even better next year!!!:bounce:

It really feels good to see David cheering and giving support to Mary...he really is a cool guy!!!!:angel:
Anyway Mary...congratulations...still very well done Mary!!!!:bounce:
Rest well Mary...good luck for your next tournament....:bounce:
Go Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

ashwu
Sep 8th, 2004, 12:50 PM
sad...
but it's great to see she's smiling when they shake hands.
better luck next time mary~

Declan
Sep 11th, 2004, 07:41 AM
I'm hoping for a Kuznetsova win in the final, so that as at the Olympics Mary has lost to the eventual Champion. (And because I think Dementieva's game isn't worthy of a Slam title, to be honest.)