PDA

View Full Version : Venus fight hard until the END!!

Janet
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:48 PM
some of you may not agree with me, but venus fight hard until the end..........next year 2005 will be venus turn, she tried hard but once again her forhand let her down nice win for Linsday...............at least I still have 1 Williams left..................good try venus!! who care what other people thing of you, in any case Davenport need the win more!!

esquímaux
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:51 PM
To me, Venus didn't fight hard UNTIL the end.

GoDominique
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:53 PM
End.

Nabalonge
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:53 PM
Venus did play better than she has, but that fight towards the end is what she should have been playing throughout the whole match. That was the Venus I wanted to see and the Venus that needed to be present during the whole match.

bmxbandit
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:54 PM
So true...

Venus :sad:

Davenport, Jenn or Serena better take this otherwise I'll be really :mad: and :sad: .

Janet
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:56 PM
The girl can only do so much, don't forget venus body still not heal 100% listen what Lindsay say she is feeling 100% better due no injury is been bothering her and that is why she is winning...........remember still not fully recover but yet she is still fighting as much as she can she give venus until 2005 she may found her form then..........she had an ok 2004 I'm still happy she was at the tourament and give her all!!!!

Jericho
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:58 PM
Venus fought her ass off. Lindsay was just too good. I think Venus played better than any of her other rounds.

Mr. Man
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:58 PM
You're exactly right. Oh well. Good Fight Vee! Better luck next time. :)

Nabalonge
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:59 PM
The girl can only do so much, don't forget venus body still not heal 100% listen what Lindsay say she is feeling 100% better due no injury is been bothering her and that is why she is winning...........remember still not fully recover but yet she is still fighting as much as she can she give venus until 2005 she may found her form then..........she had an ok 2004 I'm still happy she was at the tourament and give her all!!!!
I would not mind Venus taking time away and just working on her form, shape and her all around technique. Venus is a great player but she can be so much more than she's showing right now for whatever reasons.

I'm happy that I saw some of the Venus Williams I grew to know and love today, but that Venus should not be coming in spurts and or when she's literally hanging by a thread.

I truly do hope that Venus knows what she needs, whether it's confidence, desire, technique and form, and that she aggressively attacks it or them and comes back and owns her talent and true place within the tennis world again.

Knizzle
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:00 PM
My thoughts EXACTLY!!!

bandabou
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:00 PM
She fought in the end.....but that backhand, that backhand!!! oooowwhhh Venus, how could you miss it?!

htm
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:01 PM
Venus fought her ass off. Lindsay was just too good. I think Venus played better than any of her other rounds.

I agree, I wasn't really rooting one way or another because I like them both. I have a feeling next year Venus is going to get her game together. Plus didn't Venus look so elegant out there. :lick:

lizchris
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:02 PM
So true...

Venus :sad:

Davenport, Jenn or Serena better take this otherwise I'll be really :mad: and :sad: .
If Henin-Hardenne wins tonight, which is likely, she should get through Kuznetsova and Lindsay and get to the final. If Serena beats Jennifer and Mauresmo beats Elena, which is likely, Serena and Mauresmo will battle with Serena coming out on top and you will have a Justine/Serena final.

DemWilliamsGulls
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:02 PM
I'm not worried about Venus man..yeah she didnt win...but she is coming out of her slump...I saw the OLD SCHOOL Venus out there for the first time this year....All she needs is more practice with the forehand and getting her first serve back up......Venus played a hell of a match....so im proud of her....now I have to cheer for Serena 110%

cheo23
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:03 PM
She fought in the end.....but that backhand, that backhand!!! oooowwhhh Venus, how could you miss it?!
Don't Forget she's been missin that Backhand at critical stages..especially against Karolina Sprem @ Wimbledon..in the Tiebreak- she was hittin those Backhands to the NET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sort of pressure to execute the shot

Venus Forever
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:28 PM
Ding Ding.

Venus Forever
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:29 PM
I'm not worried about Venus man..yeah she didnt win...but she is coming out of her slump...I saw the OLD SCHOOL Venus out there for the first time this year....All she needs is more practice with the forehand and getting her first serve back up......Venus played a hell of a match....so im proud of her....now I have to cheer for Serena 110%
Did you honestly??

I saw glimpses of the old Venus.

She started the match well, and ended pretty well, but the middle was not pretty at all. First serve wasn't going in, the forehand wasn't going in, the backhand wasn't even going in.