PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Lindsay!!!

Knizzle
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:43 PM
You truly BEAT Venus today.

PatM04
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:45 PM
Congrats Lindsay! I hope Venus can get her game together before the indoor season. By the way, truly a classy post from a Venus fan. It takes a lot to give the other player and the other fans credit when your fave gets beaten :worship:

vettipooh
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:45 PM
So sad, but Congrats Lindsay!!! Great match.Venus had her chances,but didn't capitalize.

Knizzle
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:46 PM
Congrats Lindsay! I hope Venus can get her game together before the indoor season. By the way, truly a classy post from a Venus fan. It takes a lot to give the other player and the other fans credit when your fave gets beaten :worship:
I call it how I see it and Venus had her chances, but wasn't good enough. LD was too strong.

G1Player2
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:47 PM
Not a Lindsay fan but she REALLY deserved this win and this is a big congratulations to all Lindsay fans because I know you guys have waited awhile for this...

You guys definitely deserve this!!!

Foot_Fault
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:48 PM
Lindsay was strong, it was a very competitive match and Venus now see the level she needs to get back too.

Good win Lindsay.
5bp's...still foiled.

Jericho
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:48 PM
Lindsay was just too good *shakes head*...you cant do anything about it

Congratulations Lindsay! ;)

Great effort from Venus, especially in the last game :D

Bright Red
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:49 PM
Lindsay was great as she has been all summer long. Venus wasn't too shabby herself. Venus showed signs of her vintage self during this match and I go away feeling a lot better than worse about this loss.

But great match, both girls. And big Congrats, Lindsay!

tennisiscool
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:49 PM
You truly BEAT Venus today.
Like she did on the previous 12 occasions :)

Joana
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:50 PM
I don't know what to say :D :lol:

Lindsay :hearts:

GoDominique
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:51 PM
Woohoo Lindsay :D awesome match :yeah:

Tennisfan-Mtl
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:51 PM
Lindsay :bounce: :hearts: :bounce:

G1Player2
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Like she did on the previous 12 occasions :)
I think Knizzle was referring to that last match that Venus had retired

Knizzle
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:53 PM
I think Knizzle was referring to that last match that Venus had retired
No the match in Stanford, I think Venus "beat herself" ,but today it was different. Lindsay beat her.

Butchwax
Lindsay kicked ass today. She owns Venus and will do the same to Serena unless she looses early too. I am thrilled and so proud of Lindsay. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

MrSerenaWilliams
Great job today Lindsay, you have really showed the whole tennis world that you are truly at the top of your game. Venus, just wasn't all there. She had some great shots, great points, and a lot of effort and heart, but it just didn't come together today. Now I hope that Lindsay has good luck against Justine and makes it an all-American final (meeting Serena).

Good Luck and Congratulations Lindsay!

joaco
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:54 PM
Im absolutely shocked amazed and in a complete state of bliss!!!! Yeah Lindsay congrats!!!!!1:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:worship: knizzle:worship:

Joaco

Crazy_Fool
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:54 PM
Great post!! A truly great match, from both players.

MisterQ
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:55 PM
Lindsay's playing level was so steady and impressive today! We definitely saw Venus' old fighting spirit in those amazing match points she saved in the last game. But Lindsay didn't let that get to her today.

Congrats Lindsay! :clap2: (and good luck to Venus as she continues her comeback) :)

LUXXXAS
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:57 PM
Congrats Lindsay! I am REALLY REALLY REALLY PROUD OF YOU!!!:yeah:

!<blocparty>!
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:59 PM
OH, MY, GOD

That match was incredible. Lindsay WON, Venus was not going away there, although she did drop off her level in the second. But she played well overall.

That last game, omfg, AMAZING. Havent been that nervous in a match for a LONG time :o

Best match of the year IMO, but I am slightly biased ;p

Mr. Man
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:59 PM
Congrats, Lindsay. I hope she makes it to the finals and if she meets up with Justine that she doesn't choke and go out like a bitch. Good Luck Lindsay!!

jean_genie
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:00 PM
Congratulations Lindsay. Great match.

Elske
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:01 PM
Congrats Lindsay, you are amazing :worship: :yeah: :bounce: :D

starr
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:02 PM
Lindsay looked like the Lindsay of old. Calm and controlled. Playing within herself and dominating the center of the court. She did get the yips there at the end and let Venus back into the final game, but still she closed it out against a tough competitor. I would love to see Lindsay win the tournament.

silverwhite
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:05 PM
Lindsay! :worship:

Now win the title!

cool bird
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:06 PM
Davenports serve was on fire that match it was so impressive

selesfan
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:13 PM
Congrats Lindsay!:bounce: :bounce: Great match!:bounce:

Lindsayfan
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:17 PM
it's 1h15 am here and i cant sleep. lindsay was soo good, i'm so proud of her! congrats lindsay :hearts: and congrats also to all her fans like me that never gave up on her...we have been waiting so long to see her back to her A-game and now we enjoy the moment! :yeah:

*JR*
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:20 PM
Lindsay kicked ass today. She owns Venus and will do the same to Serena unless she looses early too. I am thrilled and so proud of Lindsay. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:Stop your filthy hate :fiery: ITT acknowledging both in this close-as-can-be rivalry (now 13-12 Linzi).

Freewoman33
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:21 PM
Congrats. Lindsay.

Aphrodite
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:21 PM
I was very pleased by this match, only I wish there were two winners, Venus showed why I have always loved her, she always fights hard, and today she played a good match, nothing to be ashamed of. I love you queen Vee now get more consistent I want to see you doing better, by the way what a bad draw for her.
And Lindsay what can I say you played like a champ, its before in matches i have seen her go down on herself, bad body language affecting her game, but today she played confidently like a winner its like she knows she will win the title, and now at 29 the title would be a great good bye to one of the greatest champions we have had ever.
It was a great match for two rivals who have plAYED 25 times, in 25 classic matches. What can I say no matter if your a Venus or Lindsay fan, or love them both like I do, you know that both this women are great champions, and I am just happy to see them play.
Congrads Lindsay and good luck against the shi devil, who will be tricky cause shinobu plays with her heart, but Lindsay I know you will prevail, good luck
and for Queen Vee good luck, keep getting better on your road to recovery and soon we will see you once again at the top.

starr
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:27 PM
Stop your filthy hate :fiery: ITT acknowledging both in this close-as-can-be rivalry (now 13-12 Linzi).
How was his gloating any different than the gloating that is done on this board all the time?

Do you call a Venus fan or a Serena fan who has gloated over a victory a "filthy hater?"

Really. This is a laughable double standard.

toobaxx
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:31 PM
Lindsay U Rock!

*JR*
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:36 PM
How was his gloating any different than the gloating that is done on this board all the time?

Do you call a Venus fan or a Serena fan who has gloated over a victory a "filthy hater?"

Really. This is a laughable double standard.I would have said exactly the same if the roles were reversed. (I don't like "inyaface" gloating, and will react to it this way). And indeed I have scalded a few W/S fans (for saying they had no interest in last year's USO because neither was playing, for example).

Stephieva
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:37 PM
Linds...:hearts: :banana: :drive: :aparty:
me so happy...

I like Vee too..so I'm :sad:
But I'm sure Vee will come back...I believe..:)

Mad-About-Venus
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:40 PM
Congratulations Lindsay, you are playing mean and that's going to get you the trophy!! :worship: Well done, you've got some game!

Venus.. :sad: you are my idol and I love you for being Venus Williams. Nobody will ever take your place in my heart. You are the best!:worship:

Jeleno Benesovo
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:49 PM
kudos LIndsay :)

MrSerenaWilliams
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:57 PM
In my opinion, I'm gonna steal a quote from Mary Carillo (apart from this quote, I can't stand the bitch). *Oh by the way this is adapted for this match* Venus did not lose the match, Lindsay did not win the match. In the end, because of the high quality...TENNIS WON. This match, although draw a couple of rounds early will be the Jennifer v. Henin of '03. Lindsay was solid and Venus would not quit! Great match, I'm so glad that I have it on tape. GREAT JOB TO BOTH, and like I said, Go Lindsay, make it to the FINAL!

Rocketta
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:01 AM
Lindsay definitely won this match and her serve was on fire....:eek:

Congrat's Lindsay! :yeah:

but like Bright Red, I go away from this match much happier with Venus' game than I was coming into it. Hopefully, now she plays a full schedule during the indoor season..:bounce:

Leo_DFP
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:02 AM

Really. This is a laughable double standard.
JR is one of the most fair and objective posters I know.

geoepee
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:05 AM
Congrats to Lindsay!

Dana Marcy
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:07 AM
Davey was fantastic today! :bigclap: Her power game was so clean. I want Venus my favorite to get back to the level that Davey is playing now. I can't wait for the Davey-Juju semi!

darrinbaker00
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:14 AM
To Lindsay and her fans..... :clap2: :bowdown: :clap2: :bowdown:

Ladies and gentlemen, the nominations for Best Two-Set Match of the Year are now closed. ;)

Ryan
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:44 AM
Congrats Lindsay! :D

I was sorta pulling for Venus to take it to a third set, but I think her game really improved from her match with Chanda. Her second serve was considerably better and in the last game she was great with her forehand except on the big points. I think she should keep Richard as her coach, but get outside help to fix her forehand problem.

DENNYLEG
Sep 7th, 2004, 03:50 AM
Congratulations Lindsay! You played an awesome match against Venus! That was high quality tennis today from both you and Venus! Lindsay, I hope you win this title! You really deserve it! You are a great champion! Keep it up! Good Luck the rest of the way! :bounce: :wavey: :worship: :bounce: :wavey: :worship:

wongqks
Sep 7th, 2004, 03:57 AM
Venus fights to the end is so great to see, I think she really wants it.

Now go Lindsay, you are truly amazing, I don't think there will not be any doubts that your winning streak are truly deserve.

hopeing for a Amelie Lindsay final (battle of the no. 1 will be amazing!!) or a Serena Lindsay final (always great matches including 2 very memeorable quarterfinals matchup in US Open in 2000 and 2001)