PDA

View Full Version : All Venus Williams Fans: In Here Please

Foot_Fault
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:36 PM
This match feels like a final. There is no doubt in my mind that the winner of this match will definately be in the final.

But I want Venus to win, and I love Davenport, but Venus needs a bright spot.

I am petitioning positive Vibes and great energy. I am nervous but...Still trying to have the whatever happens was suppose to happen mentality.

Here's to Venus coming out smoking...HOPEFULLY.

Agassi seems to be wrapping this up fairly quickly, I expect Venus/Davenport to be on the court by 5pm.

Lets Go Queen Vee!:bounce:

esquímaux
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:37 PM
:yawn:

thelittlestelf
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:38 PM
Oh God. The match is almost here :scared:.

Stamp Paid
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Hey FF, I think you should put this in Venus' forum, not because I dont wanna see it or anything like that, but haters like the one in post #2 will spam what is supposed to be a positive thread. ;)

tennisIlove09
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:39 PM
I just hope she does her best, and plays good tennis. Win, lose...it's all good for me. She will always be my favorite player, and I hope she wins. Good luck Venus! Good luck Lindsay! have a good match! may the best girl win!

UDiTY
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:41 PM
I am getting nervous!! Prolly about 15 minutes til the match.

I just hope they both play well and it's a fun match.

Good luck Lindsay...GOOD LUCK VEE!!!

esquimaux=http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/aetsch/cheeky-smiley-023.gif

Foot_Fault
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:43 PM
Hey FF, I think you should put this in Venus' forum, not because I dont wanna see it or anything like that, but haters like the one in post #2 will spam what is supposed to be a positive thread. ;)
I agree wasn't thinking, but I don't even see Negativity at this point. It's what you CHOOSE to acknowledge that hurts you. I ignore ignorance.....WHEN I WANT TOO:cool:

esquímaux
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:44 PM
:angel:

chill out babes, she'll be fine :).

UDiTY
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:44 PM
CBS is going to stay with this match right?(americans)

They are supposed to end coverage at 5 but they can't possibly leave.

cometz9
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:47 PM
CBS coverage ends at 6pm but what happens if the match past that time? Will they show the whole match?

Knizzle
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:48 PM
Have a good match Venus. No CBS isn't going to leave I don't think.

Bamafan717
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:50 PM
CBS is going to stay with this match right?(americans)

They are supposed to end coverage at 5 but they can't possibly leave.

it's okay. we'll get to listen to Tracy's and Ted's annoying voices over on USA.

P.S.

Is it "Ted" or "Tim"? I think his name is Ted :o

bandabou
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:51 PM
Let´s go Vee....I better not tape this match, because I´m like voodoo....everytime I tape their matches they lose.

shap_half
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:53 PM
This match feels like a final. There is no doubt in my mind that the winner of this match will definately be in the final.

not if Justine has anything to say about it, but good luck to both. Hopefully it'll be a great match.

~Cherry*Blossom~
LETS GO VENUS!!!!! :bounce: I cannot watch this match, i'm too nervous. So what i'm gna do is tape the match and watch Without A Trace and Sorpranoes instead on channel 4. But I will still be sendin my postive vibes to Venus. Good luck and just play the best you can! :worship:

thelittlestelf
AHHH they're going on the court AHHHH :scared:!!

UDiTY
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Yeah CBS goes for another hour, sorry for starting confusion.

I'm taping the match...it's almost starting. I better get ready for some water chugging and pacing around the room.

Anna F'd Enrique
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:55 PM
i am really scared......

ih ope she comes out firing....

Shuji Shuriken
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:58 PM
Venus...I love you baby :hearts:. I know you'll go out there and fight your heart out :). I know you'll do well my Queen :worship:. I'm super nervous, but I have faith in her :). Go Venus :bounce: :bounce:.

thelittlestelf
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:58 PM
My heart is beating. This is the least fun tennis can be.

Shuji Shuriken
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:00 PM
I don't know whether to watch this match or sip a quart Vodka :) :o

pisces
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:01 PM
Love both lady.Lindsay has the best hardcourt tiltes.She doing fine,afterher operation.This time next year Vneus should be alright.

thelittlestelf
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Holy crap Venus, a LOVE HOLD! Beautiful serving.

Not to make this a scoring thread or anything :).

Foot_Fault
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:02 PM
I am with thelittlestelf, I am cutting my fingernails....b/c I'll bite them off.

cometz9
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:04 PM

I'm with you :lol: I got my vodka right in front of me right now. I'm too nervous to watch this match so i'll just wait for the outcome.

Jericho
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:07 PM
i am so nervous

thelittlestelf
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:08 PM
Go with the vodka :spit:.

general_wta_fan
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:20 PM
Foot Fault:There is no doubt in my mind that the winner of this match will definately be in the final.

I know nothings for certain, but hasn't the BOSS owned the Turtle in at least their last 3 meetings, including twice this year? I would't feel so confident that this is Lindsay's biggest hurdle till the final.

Foot_Fault
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:21 PM
OMFG!!! I was sweating there. Lets go Venus. So far, it's High Quality.

Foot_Fault
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:34 PM
I need some Alieze'. Anyone have any? This is Killin me. Lets go Vee. Keep it up.

Foot_Fault
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:55 PM
Good first set, I guess i can settle down now...and hope for the best. High Quality stuff. Not nervous anymore.

thelittlestelf
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:56 PM
7-5 first set to Lindsay. This match is destined to go three.

*feels pulse* Yes this is unhealthy.

Veegeta
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:59 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! What iz we gone do?

Bright Red
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:02 PM
Venus is definitely looking better. As the commentators are saying, this is a high quality match.

I'm rooting for Venus and thank goodness her forehand is sort of holding up. She just needs to get her serve together.

gweeny
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:02 PM
Venus is probably playing the eventual winner in Lindsay. I think she has shown some promise. She at least is healthy.

jbone_0307
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:06 PM
The first set could have gone to any which player. Venus was playing pretty good, the second set is horrible. I think she has missed like 10 forehands already. Lindsay should be up a break right now.

Foot_Fault
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:07 PM
Venus is playing well, we need to get some 1st serves in.

bandabou
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:07 PM
Not a bad match by Venus....but she just can´t get a hold on Lindsay´s serve. Lindsay looking really good.

Bright Red
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:08 PM
Not yet. But Venus is having a hard time holding. Lindsay even looks like she's holding back a little.

jbone_0307
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:12 PM
Are you guys watching the same match I am. She just missed 2 easy backhands and a DF!! Shes has had to make atleast 15 unforced errors already in this set. If you beat her Lindsay, you better take the title.

Bright Red
Come on, Venus. Let's keep this match competitive.

bandabou
This is it...over and out. A year without ONE major SF for Venus and a loss before the Sf at the u.s.open...really a year to forget.

Foot_Fault
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:13 PM
Yeah, she's rattled, and i think Lindsay will win this set pretty comfortably. Not counting her out yet, but Venus knows where she needs to be, and has to get her game back up a few levels, to many hitches.

lizchris
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:14 PM
Venus is going to lose this match based on the followoing:

Her forehand errorsw
Inability to get to break point on Lindsay serve

And for those of us that can read, Venus has not made 15 UE's this set.

Cybelle Darkholme
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:15 PM
Venus is playing well lindsay is playing better. Venus needs to tighter up a few things because she's not the same player she was before. Just look at the shots of hers on the run, where are all the aggresive returns on the run? They've been missing for awhile now.

Come venus get it together and gut this out!

bandabou
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:15 PM
It´s just amazing how the girls can´t handle the balls down the middle....Lindsay is just hitting the balls down the middle and wait for Venus to self-destruct...

bandabou
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:18 PM
Wow...this is gonna be the easiest win Lindsay´s had over a healthy Venus in a loooooooong time. Really looking unstoppable right now.

Bright Red
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:20 PM
If Venus can come to the net more, I think she has a chance. Maybe the early break against her was what was needed to get her motivated.

jbone_0307
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:21 PM
If Lindsay werent making easy errors, this could have been a routine win. And for those of us who can see, Venus has made atleast 15 unforced errors in this set. The first set was pretty clean for Venus, and its been forehand after forehand floating, and even her backhand. I dont know if they are counting those as forced errors or what.

Foot_Fault
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:22 PM
Lindsay is playing high level and very consistent. Lindsay's serve is MASTERFUL today.
Venus has yet to find a way to get break pt.

cehowardrx7
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:23 PM
Look, I am a SUPER DIE-HARD WILLIAMS SISTERS FAN, with that said, would some of my Venus Williams fans tell me why does Venus have to wear an outfit where she has to pull the straps after every phuckin play?????

Now, I can see she is off or her game, her serve is no where near where it should be, so she is struggling. But, after every daggone play, she has to pull the straps up on her outfit. IMO, that is a pure distraction. I mean each and every play. Davenport, doesn't have to pull on her outfit not one time.

Somebody tell me if I am out of order with this criticism..

ceh

bandabou
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:25 PM
And her returns....man, never seen them this bad!!

gweeny
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:27 PM
Look, I am a SUPER DIE-HARD WILLIAMS SISTERS FAN, with that said, would some of my Venus Williams fans tell me why does Venus have to wear an outfit where she has to pull the straps after every phuckin play?????

Now, I can see she is off or her game, her serve is no where near where it should be, so she is struggling. But, after every daggone play, she has to pull the straps up on her outfit. IMO, that is a pure distraction. I mean each and every play. Davenport, doesn't have to pull on her outfit not one time.

Somebody tell me if I am out of order with this criticism..

ceh
Venus is probably not distracted by it. She probably is used to doing it, and doesn't even think about it. It is distracting to people watching her, but I don't think it is affecting her game.

thelittlestelf
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:28 PM
C'mon Venus, go for the first dent in Lindsay's serve.

jbone_0307
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:29 PM
I just cant believe some williams fans are blaming this pitiful loss to Lindsay on just Lindsays play, when we all know even if venus reduced her errors by a fourth, this would be a totally different match. People you need to wake up and realize that Venus is playing like crap in this 2nd set. She can barely keep the ball in play!

Foot_Fault
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:29 PM
Venus is probably not distracted by it. She probably is used to doing it, and doesn't even think about it. It is distracting to people watching her, but I don't think it is affecting her game.
I agree, Venus has been a dress tugger since I've been following her 1994.

jbone_0307
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:32 PM
Lindsay is playing great, and she was in 2000 in the Wimbledon and US Open finals, but you see who prevailed.

lizchris
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:34 PM
I just cant believe some williams fans are blaming this pitiful loss to Lindsay on just Lindsays play, when we all know even if venus reduced her errors by a fourth, this would be a totally different match. People you need to wake up and realize that Venus is playing like crap in this 2nd set. She can barely keep the ball in play!
Since when is 7-5, 6-4 a pitiful loss?

jbone_0307
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:35 PM
Its pitiful because of the way Venus has been playing.

bandabou
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:36 PM
How can you miss that backhand on bp?! Where is your favourite shot when you need it?!

jbone_0307
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:38 PM
Shes revealing some beautiful shots on match points.

CC
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:38 PM
It's safe to say I've already peed myself twice since the latter stages of this 2nd set.

Ooops, I peed again.

Elvira
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:39 PM
C'mon Lindsay... drop shot her!

bmxbandit
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:40 PM
Come on Venus!!!!!!!

TAKE THAT BP!

gweeny
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:40 PM
Whhhhhy??????????????????????????

jbone_0307
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:41 PM
2 backhands in the net, not to mention her favorite shot.

gweeny
Why can't Venus break???

Cybelle Darkholme
it deserves to be five five after all this.

bmxbandit
Another miss....

COME ON VENUS!

jbone_0307
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:42 PM
It doesn't deserve to be anything, you earn what you get :rolleyes: 23 forehand errors is pitiful

BigTennisFan
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:45 PM
Forehand and denial. :(

Bright Red
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:45 PM
why is venus teasing us:eek: I am encouraged by this play even when Davy wins- I believe if she stays healthy, she will for sure beat the top ranked players again. She gave her best. Love you Vee:kiss:
Ditto that. A glimmer here a glimmer there. Venus really started coming alive that last game. I really felt she had a chance.

gweeny
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:46 PM
I agree Venus showed major heart. But I still think if she continues to stay healthy and gets improvement on her flawed technique, she will still win some future slams.

The forehand needs to be improved and quick.

CC
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:46 PM
*cries and sucks on thumb*

BigTennisFan
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:48 PM
congrats to Davy- venus played her heart out, that forehand continues to be her nemesis. I am encouraged- just stay healthy and play consistently Vee.
I would be encouraged if Venus was not in denial. As I said in another thread, Richard and Oracene can't fix her forehand so she should at least try to get someone who can.

But she's said over and over again that she doesn't want a coach who will want to talk about tennis all the time. Richard clearly doesn't think that tennis is the be all and end all and neither does Venus.

Unfortunately she will just have to get used to being taken out of the big ones before the semis. Too bad. :sad:

Black Mamba.
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:52 PM
Vee and Lindsay played a great match, but until Vee fixes her forehand she will continue to struggle. This match should've gone to three, but Lindsay was too good on her serve and Vee was unable to hold her serve twice and that cost her.

harloo
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:53 PM
I saw glimpes of Vintage Venus during that last game. I think she could of pulled it off if she leveled it too 5-5.

I loved Venus's demeanor during this match, she was focused and swinging freely. The forehand was her undoing in this match and that was what Davenport was hoping for.:D

bandabou
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:55 PM
Those damned backhands on bp....you get one last chance and you blow it!! But still this was one of her best matches in a looooooooonggg time.

BigTennisFan
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:57 PM
I saw glimpes of Vintage Venus during that last game. I think she could of pulled it off if she leveled it too 5-5.

I loved Venus's demeanor during this match, she was focused and swinging freely. The forehand was her undoing in this match and that was what Davenport was hoping for.:D
You're right about that forehand. That's what everybody hopes for because they know that it's a liability. She still is good enough to handle most of the players. But when she gets to Serena, Davy, JHH, probably Momo (who is a head case, so you never know) it's just not enough.

jean_genie
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:06 AM
I agree with Harloo. I think that if she couldv'e leveled at 5-5, she would've been able to get more confident and maybe win.

Oh well, I'm proud of her and the way she played. She didn't go down like a punk and she showed that she is on the road back to the top.

I was reading the book written by their former hitting coach and he was talking about one of her losses (perhaps to Davenport) where she then decided it was time for her to make changes. We know that our Venus is stubborn and why not? She's been no.1, got 4 GS titles and a boatload of money to boot but I think she's still hungry and now she's got some motivation. Better luck next time Venus, and congratulations to Lindsay.