PDA

View Full Version : Players who abuse the chair umpire

Yaanei
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:16 PM
Tennis is the ONLY sport I know of where players are allowed to abuse both verbally and with hand gestures to the head chair. In baseball or any other sport they would be out. I heard that a couple of days ago Koubek called the chair a *ucking idiot? Outrageous behavior.

They should be fined so high, they are forced to have manners.

beauty_is_pink
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:22 PM
Daniela argues with the ump sometimes. but nothing bad. hands on hips, looking sternly at the ump and jus arguing her call on it.

thelittlestelf
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Jen does a lot.

Spunky83
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:36 PM
Did anyone watch that Eurosport-Top 10 of tennis player freak outs? They´ve repeated it like millions of times during the FO this year. I just love it, it´s so much fun to watch. Andy is in the top ten twice;)

Must be great, but also very hard to be an umpire.

Andrew.
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:38 PM
Jennifer is probably the woman who freaks out at the chair the most...

Spunky83
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:45 PM
Jen does a lot.

What the f***, she doesn´t!!! :lol: I love Jen vs. the Umpire, sometimes it´s better than the match she´s playing.

gmak
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:57 PM
well kiefer made an ass of himself once more at 6-5 in the fourth set with a point-penalty for hitting the ball in the stands, a foot-fault which was correct and two shots from Henman which were on the line :rolleyes:

and in the end he started cursing to the umpire and the linesman i'm surprised he got over it

what an idiot :mad: i've never liked him

JennyS
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:26 PM
It's different with tennis though, because if you toss one player, the match is over, but in a team sport, the game continues. The players know that they can get away with it, so they do it. I think it's funny when they yell. I know that if I paid a lot of money for a ticket, I would be really unhappy if a player was disqualified for yelling at a chair ump.

Even though people get ejected in team sports, a lot of them act worse than tennis players. I've seen people yell right at the umpires face, pick up one of the bases and walk away with it and beat the crap out of water or gatorade coolers. I've also seen bench brawls, fist fights and plenty of violence. And who can forget Bobby Valentine getting ejected and coming back to the dugout in a Groucho Marx disguise.

veryborednow
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:30 PM
Jennifer is probably the woman who freaks out at the chair the most...No way. That prize HAS to go to Renee Stubbs. Jen doesn't do it every match she plays ;)

jimbo mack
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:33 PM
arantxa sanchez vicario used to do it all the time, it could be very irritating

salima
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:38 PM
No way. That prize HAS to go to Renee Stubbs. Jen doesn't do it every match she plays ;)
What about Tara Snyder or Maureeeeen Drake, well Mo is mostly sarcastic:lol:

Joana
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:39 PM
arantxa sanchez vicario used to do it all the time, it could be very irritating
"Hombre, no!" :lol:

*sigh* I miss those times...

pav
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:37 PM
Old Jenifeeer was a couple of times starting to rip into the Ump. a couple of matches ago and the ball wasn't even called out, She must have thought it was a close call so She prepared to smarten the bugger up just in case!
There's certainly no flies on Miss Capster!

Gallofa
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:27 PM
From the little I have seen of her (very little I admit), Lindsay appears to like to ask the umpire whether she/he is retarded... In an extremelly annoying american accent too :D ;).

Mateo Mathieu
Sep 7th, 2004, 01:04 AM
"You're absolutely moron!"