PDA

View Full Version : Mary Pierce Gloating Thread: Who said my fave cant beat your fave?

"Sluggy"
Sep 6th, 2004, 07:14 PM
It seems like just a couple months ago some posters said that Mary couldnt bring game against top players. :fiery: I think she she has shown that she can and that her strength, consistentency, movement, what have you, is certainly competitive with top players. You dont always get a chance to tell dissenters I TOLD YOU SO, so now you can if you agree. All together now...."I TOLD YOU SO!" :devil: Who says Mary cant bring game now? Show Yourselves! I think Mary can win the Open and she can keep cooking for years! :)

esquímaux
Sep 6th, 2004, 07:22 PM
Nice win for Mary :)

beauty_is_pink
Sep 6th, 2004, 07:23 PM
YAY MARY!!! ALLLEZ!!! :woohoo:

ali
Sep 6th, 2004, 07:27 PM
It seems like just a couple months ago some posters said that Mary couldnt bring game against top players. :fiery: I think she she has shown that she can and that her strength, consistentency, movement, what have you, is certainly competitive with top players. You dont always get a chance to tell dissenters I TOLD YOU SO, so now you can if you agree. All together now...."I TOLD YOU SO!" :devil: Who says Mary cant bring game now? Show Yourselves! I think Mary can win the Open and she can keep cooking for years! :)
Lol, just so long as she doesn't beat anyone else's fave - then you'd be called a hater! ;)

Seriously though, I'm so chuffed for Mary. She's had such a bad couple of years with injury and her form (I love Mary so can admit some of her performances in the last two years have been awful! Wimbledon 04 springs to mind!), but she's kept the belief in herself and is finally being rewarded. That was one of the best things she talked about after the match - finally having the results to back up how she knew she could play.

I'm not sure we should be shouting "I told you so" from the rooftops though, because knowing Mary she'll lose to a qualifier ranked 362 in her next tournament! And then people will get their revenge on you! ;)

Fingers crossed for her match later today :D

morbidangle
Sep 6th, 2004, 07:28 PM
OK seriously, was there really any need for this thread! Mary gets one win over a top ten player and we go bragging about it! she plays another top player in like a few hours.. Can't you wait a few more days, when Mary is through to a quarter or a semi.. I mean I'd really hate it if somehow u manage to jinx Mary.. I LOVE mary and her fans, but please! no need for TOLD YOU SO threads.. If somebody hates Mary, they'll hate her, no matter what... If somebody likes her and was getting disappointed that she wasn't getting any wins over top ten players, then I am sure they are happy for her... so please!

:wavey:

SJW
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:01 PM
maryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! :inlove:

AjdeNate!
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:04 PM
Allez Mah-ree!!!

Stamp Paid
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:08 PM
Its amazing......Mary has at least 1 good win over every top player in the past 10 years.

"Sluggy"
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:38 PM
Heck with that jinx it stuff, ive shown restraint, im a mary fan, and i have the right to enjoy the good times. :cool: I think fans of mary are a discreet lot, I am too. we dont like to hear the negative stereotypes people might say about her, but you know what, sometimes you NEVER get a chance to gloat. Sorry Morbidangle, it aint against board regulations and I am exercising my right to gloat!!!!! :p Congratulations Mary, :worship: for one thing your supporters are very happy, in fact Im tickled pink. She beat Serena at the Olympics and before that she won her first Grass Court title, and dont forget she was the runner-up at the Open Gaz de France and lost to Amazing Kim Clijsters in February. She looks great, happy, and richer - She should go buy herself the new car she wants with all the money she's winning. And people talk about her retirement.... not yet folks. Admit it former non-believers, Mary is good and can beat the top players. Volia, my fave can BEAT yours! Say it aint true!!!

"Sluggy"
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:42 PM
[QUOTE=morbidangle]I mean I'd really hate it if somehow u manage to jinx Mary.. I LOVE mary and her fans, but please! no need for TOLD YOU SO threads..

Tough. You believe in jinxes? voodoo? Hexes? Curses? So you know to blame old FrogBurger, but do i get credit if she wins? Thats a lot of crap. Maybe you stick your head in the sand until her match is over so as not to jinx her but I dont. I prefer to enjoy the good times while they last.

Stamp Paid
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:43 PM
Heck with that jinx it stuff, ive shown restraint, im a mary fan, and i have the right to enjoy the good times. :cool: I think fans of mary are a discreet lot, I am too. we dont like to hear the negative stereotypes people might say about her, but you know what, sometimes you NEVER get a chance to gloat. Sorry Morbidangle, it aint against board regulations and I am exercising my right to gloat!!!!! :p Congratulations Mary, :worship: for one thing your supporters are very happy, in fact Im tickled pink. She beat Serena at the Olympics and before that she won her first Grass Court title, and dont forget she was the runner-up at the Open Gaz de France and lost to Amazing Kim Clijsters in February. She looks great, happy, and richer - She should go buy herself the new car she wants with all the money she's winning. And people talk about her retirement.... not yet folks. Admit it former non-believers, Mary is good and can beat the top players. Volia, my fave can BEAT yours! Say it aint true!!!
Venus, not Serena. They are not interchangeable. http://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/laugh.gifhttp://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/laugh.gifhttp://wtaworld.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif She beat Serena in straight sets at Indian Wewlss in 2000, I think. http://wtaworld.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

"Sluggy"
Sep 7th, 2004, 07:36 AM
Sorry I got them confused. Merde Mary! Grand Caca de Merde!

Helen Lawson
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:02 PM
There's Something About Mary.

Unfortunately for her, Svetlana figured out what it was before the match.

morbidangle
Sep 7th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Told you so :p

Anyway, I do have these superstitions about Mary's matches, and I dont actually have any other superstition, but I get really nervous before Mary's matches and do believe in the 'jinx' thing. So..