PDA

View Full Version : IIOM, or anybody else sick of hearing Agassi's foundation/school?

Hulet
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Every Open. It was cute and interesting the first times. Now I can't help from :rolleyes: May be there is something wrong with me. :confused:

And they give those kids lots of homework. :fiery: Poor kids. I wonder do they pray to God Agassi and Goddess Graf.

esquímaux
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Very good deed from Andre. More ppl should invest in the future :).

Hulet
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:29 PM
Very good deed from Andre. More ppl should invest in the future :).
I don't doubt it's a good deed. I just don't like to be reminded how saintly his worship is. :)

tennischick
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:33 PM
no-one calls him either saintly or his worship. it's nice to see a tennis player giving of his own money for a worthy cause. if other players did as much for their communities they woud get mentioned as often.

on this note, congrats to Chanda for being a genuine giver to her community as well. that too gets mentioned quite often -- as it shoud be.

skanky~skanketta
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:35 PM
nothing about andre bores me :hearts: :inlove: :hug: :kiss: :inlove: :angel:....nothing except his horrendous wife!:fiery: :mad: :fiery: :banghead:

Foot_Fault
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:35 PM
Every Open. It was cute and interesting the first times. Now I can't help from :rolleyes: May be there is something wrong with me. :confused:

And they give those kids lots of homework. :fiery: Poor kids. I wonder do they pray to God Agassi and Goddess Graf.
in the Words of Lionel Richie
"You're Once.....Twice......Three Times an I-D-I-O-T":rolleyes:

Stamp Paid
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:46 PM
Nope, why would one get tired of hearing about the good works of a philanthropist? You sickie!

kiwifan
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:59 PM
I just wish I was sick of hearing about 50-100 more charter school foundations just like his. :angel: :angel: :angel:

I've never been a fan of the player but I respect the man. :bowdown:

Hulet
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:20 PM
no-one calls him either saintly or his worship. it's nice to see a tennis player giving of his own money for a worthy cause. if other players did as much for their communities they woud get mentioned as often.

on this note, congrats to Chanda for being a genuine giver to her community as well. that too gets mentioned quite often -- as it shoud be.
May be other players do a lot for their communities, but may be chose not to trumpet it for all to hear?

....nothing except his horrendous wife!

I am actually both a fan of both Andre and his wife. :)

Nope, why would one get tired of hearing about the good works of a philanthropist? You sickie! :) May be it's because I grew up with this teaching: "what your right hand gives, don't let your left hand know about it". Or something like that. I feel very uncomfortable when people advertise how much good they have done for the world.
I just wish I was sick of hearing about 50-100 more charter school foundations just like his.

I've never been a fan of the player but I respect the man.

As I said I appreciate what he really done for the children here, and respect him as a player and a man. I just thought he turned his charity into some kind of PR move. But, that's the cynical in me speaking.

Crazy Canuck
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:22 PM
I don't think that Andre ever did it for the PR. Of course he's going to get attention for doing it... he's a big name. But this is the same guy who used to go down to local hospitals or whatever with bags of gifts on christmas back when he was absolutely nobody.

Crazy Canuck
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:22 PM
(well, I don't think that Andre was every truly "nobody", but you know what I meant)

gweeny
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Why would anyone criticize someone for doing a charity work. I'm sure that there are many celebrities with much more money than Agassi, who care shit for other less unfortunate people.
If they show it 50 more times, I wouldn't mind. It is inspirational. Who knows maybe another rich millionaire will be inspired by watching it and do something similar to what Agassi did.

Hulet
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:26 PM
I don't think that Andre ever did it for the PR. Of course he's going to get attention for doing it... he's a big name. But this is the same guy who used to go down to local hospitals or whatever with bags of gifts on christmas back when he was absolutely nobody.
No, no, I don't doubt that he did it from the kindness of his heart. Just that he saw a good opportunity to promote his name or to get more attention with his charity for whatever reason. The charity comes first, then may be the PR.

Wigglytuff
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:28 PM
personally i think its cool that they talk about it alot. like someone else said i dont think pr is the reason behind what he is doing. i find it inspiring still. particularly with people like paris hilton around, its good to know that SOME people of means things do for other.

Hulet
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Why would anyone criticize someone for doing a charity work. I'm sure that there are many celebrities with much more money than Agassi, who care shit for other less unfortunate people.
If they show it 50 more times, I wouldn't mind. It is inspirational. Who knows maybe another rich millionaire will be inspired by watching it and do something similar to what Agassi did.
Again I am not criticizing him for doing a charity work. Despite what Lione Riche might say, I am not that idiot. I am just suffocated with the attention given to his charity every freaking open with the kids saying how grateful they are and how great agassi is. And, when I am suffocated, my mind starts to wonder.

Hulet
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:32 PM
personally i think its cool that they talk about it alot. like someone else said i dont think pr is the reason behind what he is doing. i find it inspiring still. particularly with people like paris hilton around, its good to know that SOME people of means things do for other.
I agree. You can't compare the Paris Hilton's with Andre. They are totally different people with different priorities as it is obvious. He is a much classier person. And, I agree again that he is not doing it for PR purposes. What I was wondering is whether may be the PR came about as a side effect of his charity.

Stamp Paid
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:34 PM
But the reason Andre is advertising his school is not just to inflate his ego, his school depends on the donations of others. He promotes his school to increase national awareness for it so that more people can donate to his school, you sickie. Andre doesnt need any publicity, hes a tennis player not a movie star.

starr
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:05 PM
Agassi is doing a good thing. It's a very good thing, and I don't really care why he is doing it. I'm not inside his head so I don't know his motivation. I don't care for Agassi. I'm not a fan, but when someone does something like this, I really don't care how much praise he gets. He's making a difference in the lives of some young people and he is putting personal effort into doing so. That's all I care about.

I'd like it to be talked about even more. I'd like every player to emulate what he has done, and I don't really care about their motivations either.

*JR*
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:21 PM
But the reason Andre is advertising his school is not just to inflate his ego, his school depends on the donations of others. He promotes his school to increase national awareness for it so that more people can donate to his school, you sickie. Andre doesnt need any publicity, hes a tennis player not a movie star.Fine, but he and Steffi give actual money, too. (As does my dear Shonda, BTW). Most celebrities just give the use of their names, and some time. (Meaning only telling others to donate the cash).

Hulet
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:47 PM
Good points everyone. I have changed my mind now. I conceed that I was being to cynical/idiotic when I made this thread. I now understand there is no harm in the constant coverage of Agassi's charity.

:wavey: