PDA

View Full Version : Venus/Lindsay at night?

K-Dog
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:08 PM
What will happen now that Federer isn't going to play his night match because Pavel withdraw? Are they going to put Venus and Lindsay at night like they should've anyway?!

geoepee
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:09 PM
I doubt it. I think that they're going to keep them scheduled at the same time so they can show it on CBS. It's all about the money/ratings.

Andrew.
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:12 PM
No. Lindsay/Venus stay where they are. They have moved Sharapova/Myrni vs. Navratilova/Paes to Ash as the second night match.

darrinbaker00
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:14 PM
If the Agassi-Sargsian match lasts as long as the Henman-Kiefer match, it'll become a night match anyway. Whatever the case may be, the Venus-Lindsay match deserves to be shown in its entirety, so if CBS can't do it, move it to 7:00 so USA can show it all.

Shuji Shuriken
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:19 PM
Well...how long does CBS's coverage last? At the rate these matches are going, I wouldn't be surprised if CBS doesn't carry the entire Venus/Lindsay match :(.

Knizzle
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:19 PM
Agassi should be done in 3 quick sets. Sargis is tired.

GoDominique
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Greedy US tv :D :yeah:

V-MAC
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:27 PM
:( They should have moved Venus/Lindsay match to after Juju/Nadia :mad: At least Tim kept up his record of playing long 5 set matches here, hopefully Andre can play a long 5 setter too so Venus and Lindsay can play at night :) otherwise I won't get to watch the match coz our tv will be occupied by other family members till late tonight :o wish my family were into tennis like i am, make life so much easier

Spunky83
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:50 PM
No, please donīt!!!

According to the updated schedule itīs gonna be Mariaīs mix-doubles match, I think it depends on how much time the Justine match will take.

It wouldnīt be fair to the people with day session tickets, if the Venus-Lindsay match will be a night-match and of course it wouldnīt be fair to all the Eurosport viewers like me;) Iīve been looking forward to this match all day (well, basically since the draw came out).

PointBlank
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:56 PM
Please be long matches before Lins-Venus..Damned Telethon!

Andrew.
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:58 PM
Sargis is cramping now. This looks to be a quick one...

Butchwax
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:01 PM
Agassi should be done in 3 quick sets. Sargis is tired.

Yes, and then hopefull Lindsay will make quick work of Venus too. :bounce:

Spunky83
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Sargis is cramping now. This looks to be a quick one...

Yep, this is what I think as well. Two retirements on one day... :confused:

thelittlestelf
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:03 PM
I'd like Agassi to make quick work of Sarg so I can tape Venus and Lindsay :).

Spunky83
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:08 PM
Thereīs no way Sargsian can make it through the match if it lasts longer than three sets. This could be a very quick one.

fammmmedspin
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:09 PM
according to sky in the UK Lindsay and Venus are moving to the night slot with Justine and Nadia. Bit garbled but that was their story just now.

crowd havn't been told yet they said!

GoDominique
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:12 PM
according to sky in the UK Lindsay and Venus are moving to the night slot with Justine and Nadia. Bit garbled but that was their story just now.

crowd havn't been told yet they said!
Oh noooooooooooooooo :(

Knowles
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:12 PM
I can't watch the match no matter when they play it because my stupid local CBS station is interrupting the tennis for coverage of the aftermath of Hurricane Frances. I mean don't get me wrong, I totally feel for the people that are being affected (as am I, being i live in Orlando), but is it really necessary to show aftermath coverage? That's just over doing it a bit too much.

P.S.
Thanks for letting me vent.

Andrew.
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Fuck...

thelittlestelf
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:15 PM
CBS is being bitchy and decided to inform me on Clintons bypass surgery. RAH!

I hope they dont get moved to the night slot because then I'd have stayed in all day for no reason.

Spunky83
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:21 PM
Well according to the schedule itīs still the same:

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/schedule/index.html

Donīt think Venus and Lindsay will be pushed to the second night session match, I mean they have probably already waiting for two/three hours because of Kieferīs long match and it wouldnīt be fair to both of them.

JennyS
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:32 PM
I hope they just play the match now and CBS stays on the air with the match as late as 7PM and if it runs past 7, USA could pick up the coverage.

DEETHELICK
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:36 PM
Anybody have any further news? :)

thelittlestelf
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:45 PM
The four point bow means Agassi is done. It's getting closer. I'm getting nervous.

veryborednow
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:53 PM
Sky says "Coverage from this court has now concluded" :confused:

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:54 PM
What will happen now that Federer isn't going to play his night match because Pavel withdraw? Are they going to put Venus and Lindsay at night like they should've anyway?!

I am confused also

Spunky83
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Ok, I think the discussion can stop now...let the games begin...uhhhh...;)

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:58 PM
Sky should now be showing Mary vs Sveta
or they better :fiery:

veryborednow
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:01 PM
I didn't sit through Rochus for Sky to not show Sveta :fiery:

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:02 PM
pfffffffffffff :fiery:
why didnt they move this to night
then i could have seen Sveta match too :( :(

ali
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:06 PM
How bloody stupid are Sky?! Why on earth have they taken interactive off just as Mary v Sveta is about to start?! :mad: Or has it been moved to the night match?!

veryborednow
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:10 PM
They'd better show it tomorrow afternoon. Or fingers crossed Eurosport later today - though I'm not hopeful.

fammmmedspin
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:11 PM
How bloody stupid are Sky?! Why on earth have they taken interactive off just as Mary v Sveta is about to start?! :mad: Or has it been moved to the night match?!
Scoreboard sayssveta/mary is on armstrong but hasn't started sky is indeed saying interactive has ended early. What is going on? They did say Lindsay and venus were moving to the night spot so spmeone has to be. perhaps its Sveta/Mary and the doubles to fill the slot but someone could be up to 3 AM if it all went wrong.

wongqks
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:12 PM
it is only fair to not move Venus/Lindsay match to night match.
If I bought a ticket at Arthur Ashe day today, I will be pissed as hell to see Henman vs Kiefer which was good until kiefer start tanking, and Agassi beating a player who is not as good anyway and also much too tired to give it a fight!!

ali
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:17 PM
Well Mary and Sveta are on court warming up so they're match hasn't been moved. I don't understand why Sky have cut the coverage early. Bet it would still be on if TimBoy was playing! :mad:

I'm so mad!

Eurosport are showing a recoding of a men's third round match from Saturday! :mad:

ali
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:19 PM
They'd better show it tomorrow afternoon. Or fingers crossed Eurosport later today - though I'm not hopeful.
Tomorrow afternoon they will just show a repeat of the entire Henman match. Eurosport seem to have lost the plot and the rights to show any live matches! :rolleyes: :mad:

sarza
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:19 PM
I cannot believe sky interactive :mad: i have just sat through a whole load of shit and they have cut coverage, i am so mad right now :mad: i cant believe i pay for this shit :mad:

fammmmedspin
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:21 PM
Sveta and mary are now playing. Sky have nothing, Eurosport have a last round mens match on - no one is covering it? Tennis Channel was were sky were getting it from. Have they gone to bed too? Well we did get Rennae in two doubles maytches but a GS 4th rd is a bit more important?

ali
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:22 PM
I cannot believe sky interactive :mad: i have just sat through a whole load of shit and they have cut coverage, i am so mad right now :mad: i cant believe i pay for this shit :mad:
Believe me, I know how you feel!

Note to self : must not repeat myself when angry ;)

God I'm pissed off :mad: