PDA

View Full Version : A BIG BIG BIG Congrats to Shinobu Asagoe

Dava
Sep 6th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Shes made it through to her first ever Quater Final in a slam...and I cant believe it!! :bounce: Im so happy for her. Shes a fighter in every sense of the word...three years ago her career was in a mess, and even last year she had bombed out of the top 100...but in true fighting style she made her way back up by making her first ever career final in Birmingham, and making the fourth round of Wimbledon, and third round of the US Open. Again this year after a series of first round loses I thought she would go back out of the top 100, cos her draw at the Open was awful....but shes made it through...this is the highlight of her career.

Shes one of the players out there who just enjoys every momment and really has fun no matter...

WELL DONE SHINO:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Veritas
Sep 6th, 2004, 05:45 PM
I am ecstatic!!! Shinobu has proven how she can endure a lot of pressure to win matches. She really impresses me with her determination!

And I am really, really happy with the way she has performed at the U.S. Open this year. She's beaten three seeds to get this far!

Well done Shinobu! :worship:

justine&coria
Sep 6th, 2004, 05:51 PM
:D :worship: :worship:

VW#1
Sep 6th, 2004, 06:14 PM
Yeah a big congratulations to her too. She wavered a bit in that third set, but she stayed tough and it was really nice to see her pull out the win. She's made quite a name for herself over the past couple years.

beauty_is_pink
Sep 6th, 2004, 06:44 PM
congrats to her :)

clonesheep
Sep 6th, 2004, 06:57 PM
Yes yes. Congratulations. I like Asagoe. She is like this giant rabbit running around with a big smile on her face. She has the best attitude on court.

j_dementieva27
Sep 6th, 2004, 07:00 PM
im so so happy for for too... i really admire her as a 28-year old late blooming good solid baseline player... i cheered her on every point at her match against smashnova, and i was the only one besides japanese tourists... she deserves her quarterfinals, shes got a great forehand!

jonny84
Sep 6th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Big up to Asagoe - she has beaten three seeded players (Smashnova, Suarez and Dannilliodu) as well as "Jill Craybas" - and returns to the Top50.

Who knows if she can beat Lindsay or Venus?

Dava
Sep 6th, 2004, 07:24 PM
She didnt do too badly the last time they met, I think it was 7-5 6-1 let me check that....

tennischick
Sep 6th, 2004, 07:27 PM
congrats Shinobu. this was the first time i got a peek at her, she has a decent game!

QuicKyMonSter
Sep 6th, 2004, 07:28 PM
i told ya....i knew she would do it very well at this us open...I didnt expect these QF though!! good job shino!!:kiss:

Yasmine
Sep 6th, 2004, 07:29 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship:
Well done to her!!! Best of luck for the next round! :cool:

Grachka
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:04 PM
Shino :hearts:

Such a great performance, always knew she could do it. Well done, and go for it in the QF!

Greenout
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:20 AM
I missed this match. Didn't want to stay up in the middle of the
night just to wait for dopey Heman play 5 sets!

I'm so happy for Shinobu. Win or lose in the QF's, it's a great
moment for her. :)

Aphrodite
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:25 AM
Congrads she proves that with lots of hard work you can always improve and make it where you werent expected to, its great seeing a player give there best.
congrads great job, and many more great results to come.

Greenout
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:38 AM
I hope the WTA gives her that "Player of the week" write up.
You have to admit- nobody had seen this coming. :)

Mase
Sep 7th, 2004, 01:44 AM
Im so happy for her, what a great win!!!! :bounce::worship:

brunof
Sep 7th, 2004, 03:40 AM
I thought if she could get by Anna Pistolesi, anything was possible. Great form for Asagoe, I hope she finds herself a title really soon.

She does seem to pick up up at the slams...Over the past few years she has shown her good form...

Notable wins over:

#19 Anastasia Myskina, 1st round FO
#10 Magdalena Maleeva, 1st round USO
#9 Daniela Hantuchova, 2nd round Wimby, 12-10 in the third after being down and out. Again this year! :bounce:
#16 Patty Schnyder, 3rd round FO
#24 Anna Pistolesi
#13 Paola Suarez
#29 Eleni Daniillidou

Hantuchov
Sep 7th, 2004, 03:43 AM
I watched the last games and she seemed to be a bit in panic. I was supporting Eleni, but her relieved smile in the end made me feel happy happy for her also.

Congrats Shinobu! :yeah: :D

Dave B
Sep 7th, 2004, 03:50 AM
I was at the match, and Asagoe really stuck with it even when Eleni started painting the lines! You go girl :hearts:

pcrtennis
Sep 7th, 2004, 04:00 AM
Shino is awesome!!! I thought her 4th round run at the FO was almost as impressive given that clay is by far her worst surface and she had wins over Schnyder, Dulko and Hantuchova. This is an great result and I'm soo happy for her!!!! I hope she plays Davenport at night and takes it to her!!!

RatedR Superstar
Sep 7th, 2004, 06:44 AM
:mad: :fiery: pffft. I hate her! dont even ask why :mad:

AjdeNate!
Sep 8th, 2004, 03:00 AM
Go Shinobu.

ex hopman
Sep 8th, 2004, 07:09 AM
http://www.tbs.co.jp/ustennis/img/photo0908.jpg

from tbs site

Captain.Canada
Sep 8th, 2004, 07:11 AM