PDA

View Full Version : Serena is a better actress than Jen

GoDominique
Sep 6th, 2004, 05:58 PM
On Eurosport they have an ad for Dubai Duty Free where several players say things like "Dubai is my favourite tournament" or "I love Dubai".

Serena says "A world-class event in a world-class city" or something like that. Has she ever played in Dubai? Anyway, it sounds pretty believeable.

Nadya Petrova and Amelie are quite good as well.
But Jen ... she looks very uncomfortable when she says her line, a bit like she has just eaten a lemon.
But maybe it's only because she lost very early there this year?

Nice commercial though. :)

tennisiscool
Sep 6th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Jennifer is not an itsy-bitsy actress. Give her something substantial and she will shine through it. Serena , well , all she gets are itsy-bitsy parts and yeah she seems to have perfected those :)

Veritas
Sep 6th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Didn't Jennifer lose 2 and 2 to Myskina? Maybe that's why she isn't entirely comfortable with calling Dubai a "world-class event" and trying to pull a grin at the same time ;)

And for a moment, I thought the title of the thread had something sinister behind it...

JenDavenportfan
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:20 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :) :) :) :tape: :) Serena has acted in um lets see bit parts on soso TV Shows & a Martin Lawrence movie ha! serena & Venus treat tennis like a hobby & their results have suffered because of that Martina N said the same thing ...their domination of the game well um its over!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :) :) :) Go Jen & Davenport:).....by the way I cant wait to hear excuses from Venus & Serena for their next losses...my knee hurts....I hurt my wrists tying my shoes?!.....I need to go to a movie premiere.......whatever!

lolas
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:34 PM
Jen is so funny in this commercial. She says something like "Dubai is one of my favourite tournaments" and there's nothing behind her words. She says it but actually she doesn't care at all. I love that :)

Helen Lawson
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:35 PM
They all suck compared to me, I'm an Oscar-winning actress!

GoDominique
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:40 PM
They all suck compared to me, I'm an Oscar-winning actress!
So why weren't you chosen for the commercial?

Helen Lawson
Sep 7th, 2004, 05:43 PM
I don't do crappy ads.