PDA

View Full Version : Do people REALLY enjoy watching this guy play?

TeeRexx
Mar 12th, 2002, 10:13 AM
Or is it just some marketing scam?
I guess you just have to be British to get it I guess.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020311/capt.1015898200pacific_life_open_mjt103.jpg

To my English friends, Henman is definitely not the answer to your search for a champion.

saki
Mar 12th, 2002, 10:29 AM
Actually, I don't mind watching Henman play. He does have quite a nice game. Lots of variety, and I've always enjoyed serve & volley.

On the other hand, I can't stand his personality or the way that the English media hypes him. Also, although, I quite like watching him play it does get rather annoying when they will spend half an hour previewing a match of his rather than say showing a womens QF match on the BBC.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 12th, 2002, 10:29 AM
I'd rather watch a test card.

I'm sure more ppl tune in to watch him lose and laugh at him than cheer him on...... He has the Manchester United syndrome, more ppl actually watch to see them lose than see them win so they can laugh at them. (I'm one of them)

Tatiana Panova
Mar 12th, 2002, 10:30 AM
I am English I hate watching him play - he just seems so false, arrogant and boring. He is a fantastic tennis player, but is sometimes way overrated. A lot of British people dislike him.

louisa2k2
Mar 12th, 2002, 10:37 AM
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im English and i dont like the way hes always on tv but theres never n e womens matches unless u av sky which i do at home but not at uni. His style just bores me to death i just sit there and sheer for his opponents it annoys people this say im not patriotic. well i guess theyd be rite. I aint gonna support sum middle class nob just cos i come from the same country!

irma
Mar 12th, 2002, 10:46 AM
I have nothing against Timmy except during wimbledon when I want to see different players and all they show is Timmy, Timmy and Timmy and if he doesn`t play for a change then they show some preview of his next match, I know when you have british eurosport it`s even worse because then you have him all year, lucky I don`t have that problem!

thefreedesigner
Mar 12th, 2002, 10:51 AM
TBE, too right. I will occasionally tune in just to watch him lose - the Bjorkman situation in Melbourne was classic because it was so inevitable yet the (British) commentators couldn't see it!

Harsh I know. His volleys of course are excellent truly crisp and few can match that, but everything about his demeanour and the rest of his game just doesn't do it for me at all.

Penne1
Mar 12th, 2002, 10:52 AM
I can't stand Henman - he was a total jerk to me at the Australian Open one year - he is boring, BEYOND overrated and the British are dreaming if they ever think he will become Wimbledon Champion - as we say here in Oz

He's got BUCKLES!

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 12th, 2002, 10:53 AM
Can someone send this to the BBC and Eurosport :p

Greenout
Mar 12th, 2002, 11:03 AM
A test card? At least a test card has some
something on it. Henman? Dull, twee and
as exciting as an ice cube melting. Wait..ice
cubes are useful. Henman? Useless!!!!~

Nikki
Mar 12th, 2002, 11:04 AM
No I don't like watching him play, especially at Wimbledon because it is usually only his matches they show on tv:(

Monica_Rules
Mar 12th, 2002, 11:14 AM
I only like watching Tim at Wimbledon and Davies CUp so there is a British win but i don't like watching him for a long amount of time!

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 12th, 2002, 11:16 AM
the one thing that makes u more :mad: than anything else is that he takes 3-4 hours to win, even when he is winning 6-2 6-1.

irma
Mar 12th, 2002, 11:20 AM
and he never wins in 2 or 3 sets(during w) so he takes the whole day!

thefreedesigner
Mar 12th, 2002, 11:30 AM
LOL. That's true, irma.

I guess he has to milk his 15 minutes. ;)

TeeRexx
Mar 12th, 2002, 11:41 AM
Boy, I guess that I got my answer.

Thanks for all of the insightful responses, fans.
In the U. S., if we can not get Agassi, we get Pete, no Pete it's Roddick and if none of those three are available, we get Henman.

At least two of the other choices know how to win a slam and all are Americans.

Why don't you Brits get a cute English girl like ANNA, so even if we have to watch her lose all of the time, we can still, um, enjoy watching. :eek: :p

tfannis
Mar 12th, 2002, 11:49 AM
He's boring indeed and I hate it when it's all about him during Wimbeldon. Sue Baker has guests as John McEnroe, Jana Novotna, M. Navratilova and so on and the only thing she can ask them is "Will he win?", "Is this his last chance to win Wimbledon","Who can beat him":rolleyes: ,"Why did he lose",...

It's so ennoying. I really love it when he loses. I really enjoy watching BBC after his loss :o evil :o

Iconoclast
Mar 12th, 2002, 11:56 AM
Charisma is clearly not his specialty, but I have never perceived him to be arrogant. His demeanor seems quite relaxed and down-to-earth. Perhaps I don't know enough about his off-court antics to judge.

I do suspect his mere appearance causes people to view him negatively. The guy looks like a brat - so why not proclaim him to be one.

His tennis, however, is not up for debate. Henman is a superb technician with beautiful strokes. His serve and volley game is a stunning addition to the power-dominated ATP Tour. Frankly, he's a joy to watch from a pure tennis perspective.

My question would instead be: Do people really enjoy watching Greg Rusedski play?

TeeRexx
Mar 12th, 2002, 12:06 PM
Iconoclast - Real good post. I'm glad somebody out there enjoys watching 4 hours of tiny Tim. ;)

Seriously, he is a good player with very good technique, but the British has poured a lot of dough into his training I believe.
And he gets the hype of ANNA but is sans her looks.

I still thinks the Brits ought to find a cute babe to promote. :eek: :p

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 12th, 2002, 12:24 PM
Tee ..... there is Emily Webley-Smith (17) but not so good yet but the Brits tend to mature when everyone else is on the downward spiral ;)

LTA haven't funded Henman , he came thru with no help thanx to his familys past involvement in the game.

He's just a posh upper class snob .

Do ppl like watching Greg ?? you could ask a person if he likes someone sticking their tongue at you every 5 mins...... NOOOOOOO

TeeRexx
Mar 12th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Egg, Smith is a good start, but I know the Brits can get a little closer to and Anna-like babe. :cool:

http://www.*****************/Players/Countries/GreatBritain/Webley-SmithEmily/image/TD-EW-013.jpg

Nimi
Mar 12th, 2002, 12:37 PM
i like to watch Rusedski, hes game is much smiliar to mine, Tim too, but not ALL THE TIME!!!!!

Tatiana Panova
Mar 12th, 2002, 12:43 PM
I prefer Greg Rudseski as a person as he seems much more"real". Yet he is not British, and so you find it hard to truly root for him. The things that p**** me off about Greg is his incessant towel routine - for god sake stop it you twit!!

Senorita Conchita
Mar 12th, 2002, 12:48 PM
I like watching Tim play when his game is on, he reminds me of Novotna.

thefreedesigner
Mar 12th, 2002, 12:55 PM
Serena_TheBody: I'm sure Jana would appreciate that comment. ;)

Oizo
Mar 12th, 2002, 01:01 PM
LOL :bounce: :wavey: :cool: :D

sartrista7
Mar 12th, 2002, 01:06 PM
I don't like Tim, but I don't mind watching him play (even if I normally cheer for his opponent). When he's on (very rarely), he's got a very nice game. I really hate the way he can't win in a decent time though, even if he's up 6-1 6-1 5-1 you just know he'll lose the 3rd and 4th sets on tie-breakers before pulling it out 10-8 in the 5th.

BUT I DON'T WANT TO SEE HIM ALL THE TIME. :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

and I never want to see Greg. Aargh, the shoelaces and the towel and the shirt and the fidgeting. :fiery:

RayRob
Mar 12th, 2002, 01:20 PM
I'm British and I too cannot stand seeing him play. I'm sick of all the hype he gets during Wimbledon!

I can't even watch any of the other slams on Eurosport without being put through the torment of watching Tim Henman play. I think someone e mailed Eurosport during one of the Slams about them showing too much Tim Henman and the presenter said something sarcastic like "Look at the symbol in the top corner of your screen - it says British Eurosport."

I thought "The costomer is always right". It seems then that the oppinion of tennis fans is the wrong one!

I think eurosport really should see this!

Kart
Mar 12th, 2002, 01:38 PM
How could I have missed this topic for so long ???

My issue with Henman is more than just his coverage at Wimbledon - which frankly is enough though.

The British media so overrate him. I watched him almost lose to Robredo yesterday and I still maintain my opinion that he has nothing special on his groundstrokes or serve. His volleys are good but he rarely went to net.

I much enjoyed watching Robredo more.

Of course, it doesn't help his cause that the commentators on Sky sports and on the BBC are all his mates and so can't be objective in the slightest.

And while I'm on the subject, he never credits his opponents properly - it's like "oh he played well to beat me but if I'd played my game better I'd have won." Whatever Tim.

I prefer Rusedski (just) because he at least smiles and has decent teeth.

Ok enough whining, I'm going to get in trouble if I go on.

RayRob :), I remember when that happened on eurosport and I just thought why don't they just name it 'Henman eurosport' and be done with it :rolleyes: .

auntie janie
Mar 12th, 2002, 01:49 PM
You guys astonish me! I LOVE watching Tim! :D I love his daring serve-and-volley game. It is so tiresome to watch a couple bozos banging from the baseline; Tim's game is a refreshing change!

That's not to say he'd be my favorite person to meet, or that the BBC should cover him or discuss him to the extent it does. But I have been in the UK during Wimbledon several times, and I notice they cover Anna K. just as much as they do Tim, so no need for a homegrown "anna" to take the stage! For instance, surely you remember that during all those rain breaks in 2000, the BBC repeatedly showed a tape an Anna K EXHIBITION match??? Admit it, Tim gets shoved to the side if Anna is around, or even after she has lost in the 2nd round, like she did that year. Now THAT'S annoying! :p

Rollo
Mar 12th, 2002, 01:53 PM
I understand the way Brits feel-like Tee said, we get Agassi, Sampras, and now Roddick shoved down our throats here in the States:p

and I don't know diddly about his personality.

He WILL win a Wimby one day though;) probably on a wet year-
As for his game-he's th elast of dying bred, the serve and volleyer. That alone makes him worth seeing. We need more Henmans in both the ladies and the gents:)

RayRob
Mar 12th, 2002, 02:20 PM
LOL Kart - "Henman Eurosport" :D

Heman, gets as much as (if not more) coverage than Kournikova. In fact the Exhibition match that was mentioned was one done for Children in Need on the middle Sunday. That match was shown in two parts when there were rain delay's......otherwise, it proberbly wasn't going to be shown.

Henman gets a lot of coverage and what doesn't help it is the fact that Sue Barker (as much as I like her) keeps on about him because she's watched him grow up. In fact she used to take him to his tennis sessions when he was a boy. Tim Henman used to called her "Auntie Sue".

Henman is hyped up because the LTA want to try and encourage kids to play tennis...........but all it seems to do is discourage the kids. I call Henman the "Nearly Man"........with him it's always going to be next time - maybe next time. One day there may never be a next time. I hope he can pull off a Wimby win for his sake or else he'll be regretting it for the rest of his life "I should have won". With all the hype he get's it's enough to send the guy crazy!

:eek:

Halardfan
Mar 12th, 2002, 02:35 PM
"To my English friends, Henman is definitely not the answer to your search for a champion." Tee Rexx

Mr Rexx you don't HAVE any English friends! :p ;)

I don't like Henman, I don't like the flag waving hysteria that surrounds him...

BUT, who else is there? I like Rusedski but he isn't British, and there is no credible alternative...

Ive said it before though, I don't care what nationality the player is, it happens I haven't much liked ANY Brit tennis player...

My two all time faves: Julie from France and Mcenroe from US of A, nationality never played a part in either case.

I won't take sporting lectures from a nation where the national pastime is just rounders in pyjama's. :p ;)

"World Series"? Pffff. :p :p :p ;)

vw43
Mar 12th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Henman is kind of boring to watch but I can think of worse...I kind of like his serve and volley style every now and then...i like to watch it as i have a spot of tea...:)

TeeRexx
Mar 12th, 2002, 02:54 PM
Mr. Ba, my poor little apprentice, yes, YOU can be one of my many English buddies and I can get you top flight faves in the process.

Just complete these forms.

*Tee hands pityful apprentice U.S. citizenship forms and application to the Williams Tennis Association.*

And mail me the $1500 processing fee.

And how can I have any respect for a country that nationally televises dart competitions!

Now, THAT my friends, is really so sad. :p :wavey:

Halardfan
Mar 12th, 2002, 03:02 PM
Reason Americans can't play darts: Can't count. Bad at maths.

Yes, I said maths.

Not 'math' as colonial types might prefer.:p :p :p ;) :p

At least we allow foreign players to enter our World Championships.:p

NFL + only American teams = WORLD Champions????? :rolleyes:

Its a fix!

:D

Scotso
Mar 12th, 2002, 03:09 PM
Robredo should have won :sad:

RayRob
Mar 12th, 2002, 03:33 PM
I really don't see the need for country bashing or throwing insults at how others say things!

If the Americans want to say "Math", let them say it. Well, as for darts, let the BBC bore us to death with such games. The only sports/games we're good at in the UK is pub games.......darts, pool, snooker.........and we supposidly have a good football/soccer team (footbal, a game that is played on a sunday by regular pub goers) - now what does that say??????!!!

I think that if we all spoke "Queens English" it would be a pretty boring world!

Halardfan
Mar 12th, 2002, 03:48 PM
At least from my viewpont the banter between me and Teee Rexx is just light hearted and meant in fun...once upon a time it might have been different, but not these days. Im just playing around! :)

Mazza
Mar 12th, 2002, 04:13 PM
I'd rather watch paint dry than "Tiger Tim" he must be be the most boring person ever and he has nothing special......I am dreading June :o

Crazy Canuck
Mar 12th, 2002, 05:35 PM
"NFL + only American teams = WORLD Champions????? "

I think there is only one word needed to explain this - egocentric :eek: :cough:

:D

About Henman - I enjoy to watch him play, as many have pointed out, he is one of few serve and volleyers left - and the only one who seems to get much coverage over here (oh how I miss Rafer :( ).

On tennis alone, I enjoy watching him. I find Greg a little more charismatic - but can't root for someone who left Canada for another country over money :)

Nimi
Mar 12th, 2002, 05:49 PM
Darts?
he threw it... 30 pts... wow..... the adrenaline rush....
he threw it... 15 pts... wow..... the adrenaline rush....
he threw it... 40 pts... wow..... the adrenaline rush....
he threw it... 30 pts... wow..... the adrenaline rush.... well i quit..

Tennisfan**
Mar 12th, 2002, 06:23 PM
I can't stand Henman, Wimbledon is hell to watch and oh yes we all know "Auntie Sue" looooooooovs Tim!! He is arrogant, with squint teeth, has no time for his fans and a really annoying wife who totally flaunts her MASSIVE diamond ring!!! Greg on the other hand has a personality on and off court, he has actully cut down on his towel thing and i HOPE AND PRAY he wins Wimbledon before or instead of Tim!!

:wavey: :bounce: :wavey:
TF**

TeeRexx
Mar 12th, 2002, 06:28 PM
ROFLMAO@ Insanity ;)

How hungry for a champion is a country that televises dart tournaments. :p

Vanity
Mar 12th, 2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by InSaNiTy
Darts?
he threw it... 30 pts... wow..... the adrenaline rush....
he threw it... 15 pts... wow..... the adrenaline rush....
he threw it... 40 pts... wow..... the adrenaline rush....
he threw it... 30 pts... wow..... the adrenaline rush.... well i quit..

Hahaha oh dear.... the other day I was watching Darts on TSN, and I couldn't stop laughing... both of the "players" were about 300 pounds, and there were people in the crowd with painted faces and signs. All of this over darts???? lmao

paul_masterton
Mar 12th, 2002, 06:40 PM
no. I do the same as eggy, laugh at him when he looses, or i fall asleep. i love his pathetic 'fist puches' has all teh charsima of a diseased earthworm.

Im thinking of going to wimbledon this year and placing a HUGE banner on henman hill (that anem makes me physically wretch). Go the day beofe rhte event starts and wedge it into teh ground. it'll say:

"BRITISH TENNIS - NOT THE TIM AND GREG SHOW SO CAN U PUT SOME ELSE ON OUR BLOODY TV SCREENS. ONLY ABOUT 3% OF THE POPULATION ACTUALLY LIKE HIM!!!!!

ps - go gbtennis girls! "

any1 with me? :p

Paul :D

*Izzy*
Mar 12th, 2002, 06:45 PM
I could easily go off on a rant about how annoying Tim is, and how pissed off I get when Eurosport/BBC show a Henman match when there is another, much better, match on... but I won't.:angel:

But count me in with that banner thing, Paul!:D

treufreund
Mar 12th, 2002, 06:49 PM
I love to watch Tim because it is TEXTBOOK TENNIS. Sometimes he is sooo perfect it is scary. Yes he is a boring poker face like Pete Sampras and Venus Williams but all these players get the job done. Robredo was definitely cuter but did not deserve to win cause Tim played better most of the time. Just watch Tim and you will learn that NO MATTER HOW POWERFUL THE OTHER PLAYERS GROUNDSTROKES ARE YOU CAN FIND A WAY TO NET. He is very very skilled sometimes mentally weak though.

paul_masterton
Mar 12th, 2002, 06:50 PM
oh and a hot brit girl? Karen Paterson, ranked 600-ish. Add to the fact she'd my neighbour and :drool: oops... better clear that up ;)

http://www.gbtennisgirls.com/html/playerzone/profiles/images/profiles/karenpaterson.jpg

Paul:D

Jessica02
Mar 12th, 2002, 08:31 PM
Tiger Tim? That boy is about as scary as Barney.

I lmao when Tim punches his fist. bless him Im sure his grandma dosent approve of his agressiveness on court.

His style is classic and timeless yet I dont really enjoy watching him play. His game may be beautiful, but he aint.

With someone like Greg or Lleyton they might not have the talent henman has but they have chracter, and you know there is gonna be drama Greg swearing every minute. Lleyton saying...cum on!

Lol @ Henman Eurosport. I find myself wanting Tim to lose in the first round so they can show some Marti, Williams, or Marat booty every now and then!

TeeRexx
Mar 12th, 2002, 09:01 PM
When Tint Tim win Wimbledon this year, he will show all of his detractors that they were wrong. :eek:

Meanwhile, I will dust of my dartboard in case I run into any Englishmen at the beach. :p

veryborednow
Mar 12th, 2002, 09:25 PM
I refuse to watch Tim play based on my principals....

Candy946
Mar 12th, 2002, 09:34 PM
Hey I like Tim Henman and I'm not British. I don't find him boring and he is not televised much here in the US, so I don't get sick of him. He was the first one I saw when I walked in the I.W. Tourney. I got his autograph and he was down to earth, polite guy.

Halardfan
Mar 12th, 2002, 10:16 PM
I got two words for you:

MONSTER TRUCKS!

Vast stadiums, full of rednecks watching a redneck drive a giant car.

Yee-haw!

USA! USA! USA! :D ;)

TeeRexx
Mar 12th, 2002, 11:32 PM
Young aprentice, I know you are tired of those tiny little English cars.

Come to the U.S.A. and your teacher will have your little but sitting high in a choice monster wagon. :p

I'll get ya a big hat and one of those shiny belt buckles with yer name on, boy.:eek: :p :wavey:

croat123
Mar 12th, 2002, 11:43 PM
Henman is fake. How did he get the nickname "Tiger Tim" anyway ... on second thought, don't answer that. I'm sick of BBC and Eurosport killing us with Tim (at least show Rusedski), ESPN boring us to death with an out of form Agassi (I used to like watching him play), always boring Sampras (I usualy cheer for his opponents), and RodDICK (who i utterly can't stand), RAI almost never shows tennis (and when they do it is Italy in Davis Cup). On the other hand, I like ZDF because they usualy show good matches (bit of over-kill on Haas and Kiefer though) and HRT (ok, so they only show Croat - that is all that's important anyways ;))

Miranda
Mar 13th, 2002, 04:00 AM
no :p . I am most happy that Goran beat him in Wimbledon, hehehe :p :cool:

AjdeNate!
Mar 13th, 2002, 04:16 AM
I'd rather watch paint dry, honestly.

Crazy Canuck
Mar 13th, 2002, 05:12 AM
Chris Ba- dont forget about the blasphemy of a sport that the USA shamefully refers to as football, while referring to realy football as soccer :rolleyes: :D

Ducking head ing shame...Canada does the same....

And it may be gone, but we will never forget the XFL :eek:

Crazy Canuck
Mar 13th, 2002, 05:13 AM
Its also worth noting that ESPN carries coverage of billiards on occasion.

I mean really - who wants to watch a pool game on TV?

Scotso
Mar 13th, 2002, 05:15 AM
Becca and I have decided to take some players from other countries and make them play for Canada! ;)

Scotso
Mar 13th, 2002, 05:16 AM
(since England did it, Canada should be able to ;))

TeeRexx
Mar 13th, 2002, 07:24 AM
Ok, Scotso, you can have Tiny Tim for your Canada team. :p

Scotso
Mar 13th, 2002, 07:36 AM
I'm not Canadian and we wouldn't want Tim anyway. We're going for the good players :rolleyes:

Halardfan
Mar 13th, 2002, 09:38 AM
I forgot about the WWF - steroid addicted muscle men in leotards pretending to hit each other, cheered on by silicone heavy women and a baying redneck crowd. Classy!:p :p :p

And I WISH we had a sporting icon to compare with Skater/Boxer Tonya Harding!

Loads of players play for countires where they are not from...the US has had a few...Seles? Navratilova?

(Note: In reality, I have been a Miami Dolphins fan for almost 20 years, and even stay up to the early hours watching Red Sox games...I like American sport, well, some...)

Kart
Mar 13th, 2002, 11:32 AM
Scotso, please take Tim anyway ;).

Halardfan
Mar 13th, 2002, 12:15 PM
Monster trucks are like a redneck Wacky Races...

Monster Truck Driver number 1...
http://studweb.studserv.uni-stuttgart.de/studweb/users/atp/atp28585/images/simpsons/cletus.jpg

Monster Truck driver number 2...
http://www.peterbrown.tv/dukehogg.JPG

Monster Truck Driver number 3...
http://www.dirtcentral.com/bush_baffled.jpg

TeeRexx
Mar 13th, 2002, 12:32 PM
Aprentice Ba, I see that you are really reaching out to become a citizen of the country that you have been admiring and studying for years. :eek:

I will have your preliminary U.S. citizenship package in the mail which includes:

1. oversized western hat, color white
2. large silver belt buckle with "Aprentice" molded in it
3. Red Sox baseball cap, used
4. western boots, brown, used
5. 20 year old worn levis
6. latest Britney Spears cd
7. Anna Kournikova calendar
8. $5 certificate for MacDonalds
9. 12 cd volume of James Brown's greatest hits
10. 10 volume collection of U.S. history with special emphasis on how Yanks kicked Brits asses twice and how we saved their asses twice.
11. Application as a junior member to the Williams Tennis Association

You will be billed $2500

Y'all have fun now. :wavey:

Halardfan
Mar 13th, 2002, 03:36 PM
You missed a few things from the package Mr Rexx...

12. A handgun
13. A shotgun
14. An Uzi machine gun
15. Rocket Launcher (Its my constitutional right!)
16. "How to join world wars years late" an illustrated guide.
17. Olympic Medals tables (Revised, oddly altered, American version)
18. Hulk Hogan autographed photo
19. The "Why GW Bush is better than Churchill, delusional brainwash Fox News kit"
20. "USA! USA USA!" A guide to great, and not at all irritating, American chants.

Where do I sign???

:p

TeeRexx
Mar 13th, 2002, 09:00 PM
Mr. Ba - The items that you requested will not be available until after you attain your treasured U.S. citizenship. :eek: :p

Halardfan
Mar 13th, 2002, 10:22 PM
If its OK with you Mr Rexx, Ill wait till Hillary Clinton takes the reins before popping over...I can't be doing with Bush and his idiotic, crooked, Reagan style babbling.

Vote Clinton! :)

Could Winona Ryder be added to the package? As a sign of goodwill? :)

TeeRexx
Mar 13th, 2002, 10:27 PM
Mr. Ba - I am forced to agree with you on this important point, my aprentice. :p :cool:

Halardfan
Mar 13th, 2002, 10:46 PM
On which point? GW or Winona? :)

It would be ironic if we both turned out to be bleeding heart liberals...a shame as I had you down as somewhere to the right of Jesse Helms.

Let us find peace over a picture of Winona. She brings harmony wherever she goes! Like Father Christmas or the Easter Bunny.

http://www.winona-ryder.hpg.com.br/new/Winona_Ryder_index.jpg

Would it be sexist to say...'yum'???

exoneuk
Mar 13th, 2002, 10:51 PM
Tim Henman is the most INFURIATING PLAYER ever!!! He plays crummy rubbishy players and you think: This is gonna be easy for him and he wins in the most hard-fought stupidly posible way you can imagine!!!!! I prefer watching Greg! At least he has a personality!

http://i-love-cats.com/meow/exoneuk/xx1.jpg

Marilyn
Mar 14th, 2002, 12:32 AM
Henman defeated Nicolas Escude few hours ago. :mad:

Henman suggested to pair with Escude in the doubles, there must have been some conspiracy! :o Evil Tim! :p :rolleyes:

Bright Red
Mar 14th, 2002, 04:02 AM
LOL at Tee Rexx and Chris Ba!

(and I don't like watching Henman play :rolleyes:

Crazy Canuck
Mar 14th, 2002, 04:33 AM
"Ok, Scotso, you can have Tiny Tim for your Canada team. "

I assure all Brits who are infuriated with Tim, that we would be happy to take him.

Seeing as you guys took our best player ;), its only fair that you give us yours :D

By the way Tee Rexx - in your list of things you get when applying for US citizenship, you seem to have forgotten that you also recieve a "World Map" that mysteriously only has the USA on it.

TeeRexx
Mar 14th, 2002, 06:57 AM
Becca - Yes, the map does come in the initial pack and also a copy of "The complete guide to Redneck English" as well. ;)

Most of the world will be speaking Redneck by 2040. :eek:

Mr. Ba - Yes, we agree about about George the Dim.
As far as Winona, hey, where's my damn wallet?
It was just here a second ago when Winona walked by and ... Winona, bring back my wallet you clepto!! :eek: :p

Halardfan
Mar 14th, 2002, 09:46 AM
Winona says to tell you she doesn't like you anymore Mr Rexx. Not that she ever did.:p

She prefers unassuming, kindly, sympathetic English types a la Mr Ba. :)

TeeRexx
Mar 14th, 2002, 09:52 AM
Ok, Mr. Ba, now how are you going to pay for your dinner since you seem to have,uh, er, misplaced your wallet?

Hint: Look in Winona's purse. And get my back to while you are in there. :eek:

Halardfan
Mar 14th, 2002, 10:28 AM
I think I have your wallet Mr Rexx. You must have dropped it, Winona says.

Just to make sure its yours...

It has a picture of Kathie Lee Gifford in it right??? And a ticket to "Monster Trucks Bash 2002" ?:p

Halardfan
Mar 14th, 2002, 10:43 AM
Pic found in Mr Rexx's wallet...
http://ubl.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGCOVERS/music/cover200/dre300/e335/e3351769yd5.jpg

As we say in England...arrrrrggggghhhh!!! :p

TeeRexx
Mar 14th, 2002, 01:52 PM
No, my aprentice Ba, that is someone else's wallet the young Winona, um, er, "found". :eek:

My wallet contains $3500 in cash, two tickets to Verdi's "Rigoletto" and the photo of my newest girlfriend in the picture section as the copy below depicts:

http://i.cnn.net/si/features/2002/swimsuit/images/gallery/shakara/lg/3.jpg

So please see if you can have Miss Clepto, er, "find" my wallet as well. :eek: :rolleyes:

Hint: Look in the pockets of Miss Ryder, please. :eek: :p :p :wavey:

Halardfan
Mar 14th, 2002, 03:05 PM
I can't find a wallet with a smutty picture in sadly, Winona has 'found' only one more wallet which by elimination must be yours.

It has a love letter inside addressed to a 'Mr T.R lovebuns', with this picture attached...
http://www.raisport.rai.it/news/sport/tennis/199807/02/359bdc7e04de8/tauziat.jpg

The horror, the HORROR! My eyes! Make it stop! Make it go away!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

:D :p

auntie janie
Mar 15th, 2002, 01:51 AM
I regret that I was unable to watch tonight's match when Tim Clobbered Marat! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GogoGirl
Mar 16th, 2002, 09:48 PM
I love to watch Tim play. I also like Todd. So - may the best man on this day - win.

Candy946
Mar 17th, 2002, 07:56 AM
wow only 3 people like Tim on this board

TeeRexx
Mar 17th, 2002, 08:12 AM
Yes, three poor misguided souls, it seems. :p

Scotso
Mar 17th, 2002, 08:17 AM
Yay Nathalie Tauziat :D :D :D :D :bounce:

Halardfan
Mar 17th, 2002, 08:20 AM
Mr Rexx, I think the Williams Tennnis Association is just a cover name...

You PRETEND to like the Williams sisters to gain credibility...but secretly your 'WTA' stands for the Wonderful Tauziat Association.

You adore the maniacal Tauziat! :eek: You bask in the fact that she began playing in 1923!

You want the truth??
You can't handle the truth!

(Hate that film)

GaDu
Mar 17th, 2002, 08:29 AM
Here is another person who enjoys watching Tim play. Didn't see most of the match today, but I enjoyed the result!

Candy946
Mar 17th, 2002, 08:38 AM
Speak for yourself TeeRex! :rolleyes:

Cool GaDu, now that's 4.

Jeff
Mar 17th, 2002, 09:21 AM
Well make that 5!

I like Tim. He has the best chip and charge in the business, and is a great player. He's also seems like a descent guy. One of the few players that can keep his cool on the court. Plus I met him ant Indian Wells, and he was a really cool guy.