PDA

View Full Version : Jen vs. Serena 2004: Part 4

MrSerenaWilliams
Sep 6th, 2004, 07:01 AM
Who will win this fourth meeting between American multi-grand slam champions Jennifer Capriati and Serena Williams.

Jennifer took both matches on clay (6-4 6-4 in Rome and 3-6 6-2 6-3 in Paris) while Serena MAULED Jennifer in London (6-1 6-1).

Who will win this 4th meeting of the year, almost guaranteeing them a spot in the final?

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 6th, 2004, 07:09 AM
Serena all the way!!

skanky~skanketta
Sep 6th, 2004, 07:57 AM
i dont know. i want serena to win though. but jen wont make the finals. at least i hope not. unless she has to play juju in the fnial. then i hope she's in the final cuz i want another classic.

Lemonskin.
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:01 AM
I hope Jen makes it. But I didn't vote with my head....

DEETHELICK
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:02 AM
I think Jennifer might. Serena seems to play a clean match followed by a messy one. She played a good match versus Schnyder. Jen will make Serena move more AND get inside her head.

I say Jen in three sets.

LucasArg
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:09 AM
Serena will make it.

Daniel
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Capriati in 2 easy sets

bandabou
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:01 AM
I think Serena needs to clean up her act and she´ll be fine. Jennifer CAN´T hurt Serena in that she´s gonna hit many winners, she´s gonna play like she played against Ai: just keeping the ball in play and wait for the error....Serena needs to be prepared for that and be patient....wait till the opening is there and GO for her shots.

should be good, but this one is really too close to tell. I hope that Serena can make it to another SF though.

cheo23
Sep 6th, 2004, 01:24 PM
Well I expect alot of UEs by SERENA in this matchup...if I were J.Crap...I would Move SERena ARound & direct the majority of shots to her forehand...J.Crap in 3 TOugh SETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! something like 6-3 6-7 6-4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bandabou
Sep 6th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Or Serena should hire a reporter and make him hype up this match like nobody´s business.

DEETHELICK
Sep 6th, 2004, 01:48 PM
Or Serena should hire a reporter and make him hype up this match like nobody´s business.
Thats funny, but I want Jen to win :)

Leo_DFP
Sep 6th, 2004, 02:12 PM
Guaranteed a spot in the final? I think not.

Cybelle Darkholme
Sep 6th, 2004, 02:19 PM
OK prediction time!

If Jen beats Serena Momo will take her out in the semi

If Serena beats Jen Serena will take out momo in the semi

Best bet for momo: play jen.

Best bet for Serena: play momo

GO SERENA!

Did I say yet that this jen vs serena match up is tired and old and that they should never be in the same side of the draw again ever?

DEETHELICK
Sep 6th, 2004, 02:22 PM
But happens to Jen/Serena if Elena is in the semi cybelle? ;)

bandabou
Sep 6th, 2004, 02:25 PM
OK prediction time!

If Jen beats Serena Momo will take her out in the semi

If Serena beats Jen Serena will take out momo in the semi

Best bet for momo: play jen.

Best bet for Serena: play momo

GO SERENA!

Did I say yet that this jen vs serena match up is tired and old and that they should never be in the same side of the draw again ever?

Totally true...even the tired part.

paigery
Sep 6th, 2004, 02:26 PM
Well, it does make for a great TV match! Jen vs Serena AGAIN. Like the way these two take it to each other and mix it up. Both going for broke and wanting to beat the hell out of the other!! What could be better....................
Jen in 3 sets
3-6,6-4,7-6(4) :p

Chunchun
Sep 6th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Serena :worship:

englishjenfan
Sep 6th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Jen!

JenDavenportfan
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Jen wins... & I Think Davenport will win too! shes up 7-5,5-3 on Venus! Yessss!!!!!:)

esquímaux
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:28 PM
Pull it out Serena, we need another Serena/Justine match :)