PDA

View Full Version : Elena Dementieva Vs Amelie Mauresmo

azmad_88
Sep 6th, 2004, 07:50 AM
After the great 4th round match from ELena can she beat amelie ? the girl who took the silver medal at athens...

their last Grand Slam meeting was roland garros 04

ELena Dementieva won that one..
but amelie has been winning most of their head-to-head meeeting

deminator
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:09 AM
Elena can beat Momo and has and I feel there is no real pressure on Lena in this match as she will not be expected to win.
Momo will probably be the favourite to win, but you cant write Lena off,she is one of the toughest out there and will make Momo play more shots than she would normally do,Lena's serve is getting better but stil too slow,but it does not seem to be giving her
as much problems as people think Lena has a great chance and I will be rooting for her,
but whatever the outcome I am pleased with her performance here and truly believe she deserves her ranking,she's still here Myskina and Sharapova aint .
Go Lena do your best!!!

DEETHELICK
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:11 AM
Elena has lived up to her seeding, anything else is just a bonus.

On hardcourts, I expect Elena to inflict some major damage. And I expect it to go to three sets.

Amelie is the favourite playing with pressure. Elena really does have nothing to lose. If she swings away like she did at RG 04, then there really will be only one winner.

Good luck Elena :D

Lemonskin.
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:12 AM
I think Amelie will win. But somehow I think it will be ultra-close... maybe 46 64 64

spec7er
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:34 AM
This is not the RG. This means less pressure on her. Amelie's been having a better mental attitude recently. She attacks with alot of spins. Her serve is decent, and she can charge the net. She tends to be too passive sometimes on important points and just using her loopy balls.

Elena has a powerful forehand. Her serve is still a bit iffy. She's beaten Amelie in the latter stages of a Grand Slam albeit at RG. She's got a good set of wheels. She's very inconsistent with her results. So when she's on she's very tough to beat.

My prediction: Amelie in tough two sets mainly because Amelie will have a better mental state than in RG. She can mix it up and throw of the rhythm of Elena.

Daniel
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Elena in 2

TheBoiledEgg
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:53 AM
can they transport 20000 Parisians to New York ;)

go Lena :D :)

Linnie
Sep 6th, 2004, 12:37 PM
can they transport 20000 Parisians to New York ;) Well, if they move the match to Court Lenglen, maybe...... ;)

I expect a good match - ALLEZ AMÉLIE!!! :D

Chunchun
Sep 6th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Elena in 2

:yeah: :kiss:

Mathijs
Sep 6th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Elena in 2
:woohoo: :worship: :yeah:

hablo
Sep 6th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Dementieva is cool but I'm cheering for Momo all the way. ;) :)

Allez Momo!!! :cool: :lol: :bounce:

Yasmine
Sep 6th, 2004, 06:21 PM
:cool: Allez Amélie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

JLDementieva
Sep 6th, 2004, 06:22 PM
Elena in 3!

flyingmachine
Sep 6th, 2004, 07:44 PM
Momo in 3 sets.

GoDominique
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Bump. This match is a lot more interesting now. ;)

Lemonskin.
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:08 PM
I want Elena to win because I want Lindsay to be #1 in the world :D