PDA

View Full Version : Scenes from the practice court (USO)

moon
Sep 6th, 2004, 02:32 AM
Went to the USO today. The first thing I always do is go to the practice courts and what an eyeful I got today:

Looked thru the gates, and the first thing i saw was Venus.(I was estatic because I thought I wasn't going to be able to see her live this year) Justine was practicing a couple of courts over. Venus and Serena always practice on court 1, which is the furthest away from spectators. Naturally, I had to figure out a way to get closer.

So I noticed that as you walked down to Vee's end of the courts, there are bushes covering the courts, so you can't see the players, unless you're really tall. Then I notice that near Venus, people are actually going into the bushes to get closeups, and take pics! Naturally, I had to take a look for myself, so I climbed in. :o The things, I go thru to see my fave, lol.

anyway, after the bushes, other things I noticed were:

Venus was hitting plenty of forehands
Richard seemed to be talking to her about technique, because he was doing a little modeling with his hand
Venus was hitting plenty of approaching shots, and volleys
Richard and Venus hugging at the end of the session
Roger F. picking up some of Vee's balls at the back of the court and tossing them to Richard (:angel: I love that guy!)
Pierre Yves looking bored as hell while Justine was hitting with her partner (Carlos was there supervising)
Nadia hitting against a wall while, waiting for her hitting partner to show up.
Jim Courier begging off autograph signing and promising to do them later, because he had to rush off to do an assignment.

geoepee
Sep 6th, 2004, 02:36 AM
LOL @ the bushes :)

Thanks Moon for the report!! I'm really looking forward to Venus vs. Lindsay tomorrow!

fammmmedspin
Sep 6th, 2004, 02:39 AM
Hopefully Nadia hitting against a wall isn't a sign of her next match.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 6th, 2004, 02:44 AM
Wow! I wish I could see Venus in person too!

Thanks for the reports.
Roger F. picking up some of Vee's balls at the back of the court and tossing them to Richard
What was Roger F. doing on that court?

Cam'ron Giles
Sep 6th, 2004, 02:50 AM
Sorry about what you saw in the bushes...Mase and I thaught we were alone...:o

moon
Sep 6th, 2004, 02:54 AM
LOL @ the bushes :)

Thanks Moon for the report!! I'm really looking forward to Venus vs. Lindsay tomorrow!
:wavey:hey geopee!
I'm very nervous about the match tomorrow. I hope Vee and her forehand can pull this off. :)

moon
Sep 6th, 2004, 03:08 AM
Wow! I wish I could see Venus in person too!

Thanks for the reports.

What was Roger F. doing on that court?
Roger had the court next. He arrived a few minutes early tho, so he was just hanging around on the sidelines, waiting for Vee to finish.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Sep 6th, 2004, 03:12 AM
Thanks.

treufreund
Sep 6th, 2004, 03:14 AM
aww roger. :hearts: :angel:

Dawn Marie
Sep 6th, 2004, 03:18 AM
Heheheh.. funny and great post.:)

Foot_Fault
Sep 6th, 2004, 03:19 AM
Roger is trying to move in on Daveed's gal.

~{X}~
Sep 6th, 2004, 03:20 AM
I played on Practice Court 1 when I went to play at the Tennis Center, it was fun to play on a court where players practice on. I loved it. :)

moon
Sep 6th, 2004, 03:26 AM
Sorry about what you saw in the bushes...Mase and I thaught we were alone...:o
what happened to you this weekend? I thought you were gonna join us?

Cam'ron Giles
Sep 6th, 2004, 09:39 AM
what happened to you this weekend? I thought you were gonna join us?

I got caught up in the West Indian day festivities this weekend in Brooklyn...Been in the clubs all weekend long...But you gotta holla at me...I miss you...:sad:

Paneru
Sep 6th, 2004, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the info. moon! :wavey:

Bushes! :lol:

Go Venus! :cool:

CJ07
Sep 6th, 2004, 02:01 PM
Venus :hearts: Good Luck Today!!!

Thanks

esquímaux
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:04 AM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20040906/all/l1218713.jpg
Moon is that you! :lol::eek:;):D

j/k

Brandon Klein finds an unusual place to watch Andre Agassi (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/340.html) practice at the U.S. Open tennis tournament in New York, Monday, Sept. 6, 2004. (AP Photo

Cam'ron Giles
Sep 7th, 2004, 02:15 AM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20040906/all/l1218713.jpg
Moon is that you! :lol::eek:;):D

j/k

Brandon Klein finds an unusual place to watch Andre Agassi (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/340.html) practice at the U.S. Open tennis tournament in New York, Monday, Sept. 6, 2004. (AP Photo
:haha: :haha: