PDA

View Full Version : Schnyder/Schett(12) def Hopkins/Washington 7-6(6), 7-6(5)

switz
Sep 6th, 2004, 01:33 AM
yay!! it's their first GS quarter-final since 98!! (that sounds terrible but they didn't play together for 4 years or so). they have a winnable quarter-final as well. patty will break the doubles top 20 for the first time as well.

so patty has gotten her ranking up to 14 in singles and the highest ever in doubles!! it's starting to remind of 98 where everything is falling into place. scary.

(hopefully PPs Slovene hitting partner will buy her some poppy seed muffins to eat after this tiring day and again i hope she uses hyperbole when dumping the criminal for digesting lei clijsters :devil: )

Sadka
Sep 6th, 2004, 05:24 AM
Well done girls!! :kiss: :worship: :wavey:

esquímaux
Sep 6th, 2004, 05:25 AM
Tight match! Good luck next round babes :kiss:

martinafan
Sep 6th, 2004, 05:58 AM
WEll Done girls!!!

Hopefully they can beat Lee/Peng to make it to the semis!!!!!

They always seem to push top teams in the GS's but just fall short - ruano/suarez at roland garros and black/stubbs at wimby....hopefully they can make the semi's here and have a good shot at the final!

GO FOR IT GIRLS!!!

Masharapova
Sep 6th, 2004, 06:03 AM
Schett/Schnyder :worship:

GoSandrine
Sep 6th, 2004, 06:10 AM
Too bad Jennifer and Mashona :hug: but I'm soooooo happy for Patty and Babsi especially with rumors of Babsi retiring swirling. :D I hope they can keep it going and beat Lee/Peng. :kiss:

vutt
Sep 6th, 2004, 07:26 AM
yay!! it's their first GS quarter-final since 98!! (that sounds terrible but they didn't play together for 4 years or soAre you sure? I have seen them playing doulbles with my very own eyes in Berlin back in 2003. ;)

And Congrats girls!!! :bounce:

switz
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:32 AM
Are you sure? I have seen them playing doulbles with my very own eyes in Berlin back in 2003. ;)

And Congrats girls!!! :bounce:

they played together in 98 and made quarters of RG and the US Open and won hamburg beating hingis/novotna. then there were the patty dramas and they broke up in early 99 - so that's 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002. they played a few tournaments in 2002 but they only played together a lot last year and fully this year.

switz
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:34 AM
they have to be one of the best sounding doubles teams ever. and they both wear adidas so there outfits and names match.

i really hope babsi is not going to retire. or if she does at least not until after the Aus Open so i can see them one last time together

Greenout
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:50 AM
And she didn't tank this dubs match????

Tennisfan-Mtl
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:13 AM
Patty & Babsi :hearts: :hearts:

Dymension
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Patty / Babsi :D :bounce:

Please don't retire Babsi :(

*JR*
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:28 AM
(hopefully PPs Slovene hitting partner will buy her some poppy seed muffins to eat after this tiring day and again i hope she uses hyperbole when dumping the criminal for digesting lei clijsters :devil: )Since Jennifer Hopkins "isn't exactly Jennifer Capriati" the close score is rather unimpressive. But I'm glad they won, and in fact I'd like 2C them make the finals. Why? So Slovene and Cuckoo Clock become hitting partners of "another kind". (If they haven't already, Herr Hofmann).
:devil: :devil:

switz
Sep 6th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Since Jennifer Hopkins "isn't exactly Jennifer Capriati" the close score is rather unimpressive. But I'm glad they won, and in fact I'd like 2C them make the finals. Why? So Slovene and Cuckoo Clock become hitting partners of "another kind". (If they haven't already, Herr Hofmann).
:devil: :devil:

PP not tanking after succumbing to Serena is orgasmic. My sources say Slovene wanted to go back to the hotel and "practice" with PP while Rainer watched on a web cam but Cuckoo Clock decided that there was a sad sought of clanging from the clock in the hall and the bells in stepple to, and that up in the nursery an absurd little bird was popping out to say cockoo :devil:

vogus
Sep 6th, 2004, 03:52 PM
you and your phony optimism... what did you, overdose on Prozac again?

vogus
Sep 6th, 2004, 04:04 PM
sorry that was kind of mean, but the doubles just doesn't interest me right now. If they get to the final then i'll perk my ears up because it'll be on TV.

Patty and her hitting partners LOL...

*JR*
Sep 6th, 2004, 04:10 PM
Patty and her hitting partners LOL...B4 PP took vows with the Frankfurt Felon, she'd been err, "hitting on" Babsi's then-coach early last year, but he wasn't interested. (Must have seen Fatal Attraction). :p

switz
Sep 6th, 2004, 04:46 PM
you and your phony optimism... what did you, overdose on Prozac again?

no, but you obviously forgot to take yours

switz
Sep 6th, 2004, 04:51 PM
sorry that was kind of mean, but the doubles just doesn't interest me right now. If they get to the final then i'll perk my ears up because it'll be on TV.

Patty and her hitting partners LOL...

yes and deleting it would have been a better option if you actually regretted writing it. you seem to have a major problem with me supporting people and things you aren't interested in - i don't really understand you.

where do you get off calling my optimism "phony". sorry for enjoying doubles and not being negative enough for you.

here: chanda and babsi are crap. and so is doubles, especially when patty does well with players i don't like.

*JR*
Sep 6th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Whattsa matter Alex, now that PP's only "unconditional fan" actually living in SUI turned out 2B as phony as Her Husband the Career Conman, you're taking out your frustration on Iris Schnyder's favorite Suisse poster? :lol:

BTW: Hhhhhooopppp Ssssscccchhhwwwiiizzzz! :devil:

vogus
Sep 6th, 2004, 07:17 PM
i didn't say the doubles was crap, i just said i wasn't in the mood to be interested at the moment, if they win another round then it will start to get my attention. It was a less than electrifying performance yesterday, for Patty's first match on Ashe Stadium in six years (!!), and unfortunately not really unexpected either. Of course you can support whoever you like, why should i have a problem with it. I just happen to see Patty as highly dissimilar to your other favorite players, which is my personal viewpoint, based on what i know about her. If you watch Patty playing well, her game is nothing like Rubin's or Schett's or Casanova's, it is much more similar to Dementieva's or Perry's who you said you dislike. You seem to have a very different view of Patty than i do, with far lower expectations, and it irks me that you seem to think lowly of her while at the same time claiming to be her fan. (not "claiming to be", bcuz i know you really are her fan, but i can't understand that kind of negative outlook). But i mean, maybe you are right, maybe i just expect too much.

Babsi's coach last year was that Brazilian guy and he also coached Patty for like a month but he disappeared pretty fast afterwards, is that who you are referring to JR...

*JR*
Sep 6th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Babsi's coach last year was that Brazilian guy and he also coached Patty for like a month but he disappeared pretty fast afterwards, is that who you are referring to JR...Yep. Raul Ranzinger 2B specific. ;)

switz
Sep 7th, 2004, 06:21 AM
i didn't say the doubles was crap, i just said i wasn't in the mood to be interested at the moment, if they win another round then it will start to get my attention. It was a less than electrifying performance yesterday, for Patty's first match on Ashe Stadium in six years (!!), and unfortunately not really unexpected either. Of course you can support whoever you like, why should i have a problem with it. I just happen to see Patty as highly dissimilar to your other favorite players, which is my personal viewpoint, based on what i know about her. If you watch Patty playing well, her game is nothing like Rubin's or Schett's or Casanova's, it is much more similar to Dementieva's or Perry's who you said you dislike. You seem to have a very different view of Patty than i do, with far lower expectations, and it irks me that you seem to think lowly of her while at the same time claiming to be her fan. (not "claiming to be", bcuz i know you really are her fan, but i can't understand that kind of negative outlook). But i mean, maybe you are right, maybe i just expect too much.

i have been a fan of patty from the very beginning (that is well before she even broke through) until now and i have never lost faith in her. fortunately i came to learn after a couple of years of expecting her to play her best and win most of the time and getting frustrated to no end by her inconsistancy that i had to accept that she is a player who will probably never play at the same level from week to week, and thus i take what i can get. i take heart from the fact that patty has seemed to develop a fighting spirit this year and is showing up for doubles matches after losing singles.

i never remember saying that i support chanda, babsi or myriam because they play in a similar way to patty. it may seem strange to you but i have this weird ability to appreciate different styles of tennis and i don't feel the need to support a group of players who possess similar games. although beyond being inconsistant i really struggle to see how patty and elena have similar games considering that dementieva only hits the ball one way and when it works it's brilliant and when it doesn't it's horrible (similar to patty yes in the work/don't work element).

i don't dislike elena, nadia or perry. i've never seen perry play so obviously i'm not going to be a fan of her game. i like elena and nadia as packages (ie personality;fight) but i don't get any joy from watching their games.

ultimately i don't really care about any of this stuff but i do not like the fact that you obviously have some kind of problem with me based on the overdose AGAIN/phony remark which i find upsetting because i've never had any problem with you until recently -and it suggests your past friendliness has been quite fake.

switz
Sep 7th, 2004, 06:31 AM
Whattsa matter Alex, now that PP's only "unconditional fan" actually living in SUI turned out 2B as phony as Her Husband the Career Conman, you're taking out your frustration on Iris Schnyder's favorite Suisse poster? :lol:

BTW: Hhhhhooopppp Ssssscccchhhwwwiiizzzz! :devil:

How strange. When i was fantasizing about being involved in PPs life i went to the Schnyder household for poppy seed muffins and Iris told me that she considered me to be her son and then me and Danny went on an crusade to get our PP back. There wasn't no mountain high enough, or valley low enough to keep us from getting to PP but then we realised that our parents raised us poorly and we both married Swedish faith healers named Helga, and lived kind of happily for a few years. :sad: :confused:

*JR*
Sep 7th, 2004, 12:14 PM
How strange. When i was fantasizing about being involved in PPs life i went to the Schnyder household for poppy seed muffins and Iris told me that she considered me to be her son and then me and Danny went on an crusade to get our PP back. There wasn't no mountain high enough, or valley low enough to keep us from getting to PP but then we realised that our parents raised us poorly and we both married Swedish faith healers named Helga, and lived kind of happily for a few years. :sad: :confused:Alex, your prose still needs a little work. ;) BTW, re. the "parent factor" I flat out told Willy last year how IMO he might have gotten her to break with Harnecker on her own (as Sylvia Plischke did) "without a Hofmann".

Iris and I have some rather amusing dialogue, and she even types PP to signify her daughter. And the Peppermint Puzzle blew (for now, anyway) the chance to get Danny 2B more neutral when he left for college last year. No winners here! :(