PDA

View Full Version : I've never seen so much topspin in my life!

LindsayRulez
Sep 6th, 2004, 12:06 AM
LOL Mauresmo and Schiavone are putting on an exhibition of topspin tennis! Enjoyable but frustrating at times...

PointBlank
Sep 6th, 2004, 12:09 AM
DId you see Frannys volley at at 2-4 ADV. Schiavonie .. Geez she deserved that game!

faste5683
Sep 6th, 2004, 12:19 AM
LOL! Some sweet tennis going on here...

:kiss:

volta
Sep 6th, 2004, 12:26 AM
so is it a good match or not really?

ZAK
Sep 6th, 2004, 12:26 AM
so is it a good match or not really?
not really

volta
Sep 6th, 2004, 12:37 AM
not really
thought so :angel:

Wenddy
Sep 6th, 2004, 12:52 AM
That's not sweet tennis. Those high looping balls belong in juniors. The thing is. I'm listening to Tracy, and I don't need to turn down the volume. I wonder if commentators know they're taking away the fun of watching tennis, when they talk too much. I did not have to turn down Jen's match also.
`

fammmmedspin
Sep 6th, 2004, 01:11 AM
Gee angles, smashes and volleys and lobs too - makes some players look very one dimensional. They can even do the boring fast serving stuff too. Francesca hit one at 116MPH.

There was a real competition out there in the background between Momo's power and Francesca's endurance but Momo iwas playing too well on her serve to let Francesca get it to a third set. Now if Momo hadn't had those few bad games she would look pretty good to win this USO playing that well - she might have won the olympics playing that well too.

Mansur must be giving up the racket soon - they both could have his job doing exhibitions in 5 years time.

WF4EVER
Sep 6th, 2004, 01:24 AM
Good match by both, especially match point which showed Schiavone's determination. I knew Mauresmo would lose that first break in the second because that's just how she is, great one game and terrible the next, but lots of respect to her for playing a damn good game and pulling off a convincing win against her opponent.

tennischick
Sep 6th, 2004, 01:30 AM
i love Schiavone's fighting spirit but at times she reminded me of Moonball Mama Martinez

j_dementieva27
Sep 6th, 2004, 02:42 AM
that was one of the best matchpoints i have ever seen! .... so gusty by both

esquímaux
Sep 6th, 2004, 04:40 PM
A LOT of testosterone in that match as well :scared::drool: Good job from both gals :D