PDA

View Full Version : Anna-Lena Grönefeld's schedule = madness

GoDominique
Sep 5th, 2004, 11:36 PM
This girl is playing every f*cking week. Just crazy. :cuckoo:

After losing in the first round at the US Open she is already back in action next week, at a challenger in France. :rolleyes:

She is now at 34 tournaments. That's already way too much, especially for a 19-year old, but one has to remember that she had a knee-injury at the French Open so she couldn't play until Wimbledon. Without that she would be at 37 tournaments. She has also played Fed-Cup BTW. :o
Here's her 2004 so far: http://photo910.tripod.com/cgi-bin/wta.pl?p1=3860&p2=2004

With this schedule a burnout is almost guaranteed. I bet it's that stupid coach Font de Mora again who has already destroyed Shaughnessy's career. :fiery:

Get rid of him NOW.

AjdeNate!
Sep 5th, 2004, 11:45 PM
Dokic and Nastya have NOTHING on ALG :lol:
Seriously tho'... she needs to worry about better results, rather than just having them. Quality over quantity.

PointBlank
Sep 5th, 2004, 11:50 PM
Anna-Lena :scared: shes a great player with tons of talent but Im also afraid she may burnout :sad:

GoDominique
Sep 5th, 2004, 11:55 PM
Oh I forgot: She's now regularly playing doubles as well. :D

Chris_G
Sep 6th, 2004, 12:02 AM
Font de Mora has lost his mind. After Anna-Lena lost a heartbreaker to Callens in the first round of the Open, he made her jog laps around a darkened court as punishment. She was out there for at least an hour.

GoDominique
Sep 6th, 2004, 12:05 AM
Font de Mora has lost his mind. After Anna-Lena lost a heartbreaker to Callens in the first round of the Open, he made her jog laps around a darkened court as punishment. She was out there for at least an hour.
Get rid of him NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead: :help:

rated_next
Sep 6th, 2004, 12:17 AM
Yup ... I saw him coaching Anna-Lena and Jarmila G. in Vancouver and he was :scared:.

JennyS
Sep 6th, 2004, 12:28 AM
I don't know how anyone could stand being on the road that long. She must get homesick.

GoDominique
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:32 AM
:(

Brαm
Sep 6th, 2004, 10:36 AM
34 tournaments :scared:

*JR*
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Font de Mora has lost his mind. After Anna-Lena lost a heartbreaker to Callens in the first round of the Open, he made her jog laps around a darkened court as punishment. She was out there for at least an hour.1) Rafael font du Mora is a decent coach for "club level" but not the WTA. When Meghann was his star pupil, he ovaplayed her, too.

2) Adidas is paying him to coach ALG, blame them.

Vut
Sep 6th, 2004, 01:37 PM
:eek: 34 Tours!!

GoDominique
Sep 13th, 2004, 05:51 PM
The madness continues. :o

ALG won the Denain challenger in both singles and doubles (= 9 matches).
And she's in the MD of Bordeaux challenger now. :rolleyes:

She is nuts.

pan
Sep 13th, 2004, 06:02 PM
The madness continues. :o

ALG won the Denain challenger in both singles and doubles (= 9 matches).
And she's in the MD of Bordeaux challenger now. :rolleyes:

She is nuts.

if she was able to win 9 matches in one tournament it can't be that mad. in my opinion she definitely plays too much, but if she decides it's okay - and if she has the power to win tournaments - what's wrong? i'm just afraid it's only her coach scheduling her that much... :banghead:

Hurley
Sep 13th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Now that her ranking is up to #73, maybe (maybe) RFDM will ease up.

©@®eLess
Sep 13th, 2004, 06:17 PM
:eek: 34 Tours!!
Jidkova and Beltrame too

Dokic is now on 21, with not playing Bali and probably china it will go to 19
and when the Zurich points go off, she is going out ot top 100-new Daja Bedanova :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :o

GoDominique
Sep 13th, 2004, 06:25 PM
if she was able to win 9 matches in one tournament it can't be that mad. in my opinion she definitely plays too much, but if she decides it's okay - and if she has the power to win tournaments - what's wrong? i'm just afraid it's only her coach scheduling her that much... :banghead:
Exactly. And after reading the reports in this thread (and being aware of du Mora's history with Shaughnessy), I am quite sure that it's NOT Anna-Lena's decision and that she might have the wrong people around her.
And even if it was her decision, she's 19. She's very young and still needs advice for these things. And IMO a "better" coach would not let her play that much.

And winning challengers is great, but what she really needs is more experience in WTA tournaments, because that is where her results haven't been convincing so far. She only beat lower-ranked players en route to the title. Her SF and F wins were definitely impressive, but to do the next step she needs matches against top 50 players.