PDA

View Full Version : WHat if Maria win Mixed Doubles Title with Max...

SharapovaFan16
Sep 5th, 2004, 10:17 PM
Is this U.S. Open going to be considered a big failure because a grandslam is a grandslam Maria wants to win at whatever she does regardless, and now she gets to play Navratilova who played a part in her life so that's kind of cool. I can't reember Maria losing in singles, then winning her next match in a doubles when she was in both in a tournament. If anything this should help her, plus Max is a great doubles player. Maybe they'll televise the double finals if Maria makes it. She is so high in demand it could be the first ever mixed doubles U.S. Open championship televised lol! But

SJW
Sep 5th, 2004, 10:18 PM
...then she'd still have been knocked out of the 3rd round in singles :)

SWP
Sep 5th, 2004, 10:18 PM
Well winning the doubles would be nice, not sure if it would make up for the singles but it would still be very good.

Todays match was televised

SharapovaFan16
Sep 5th, 2004, 10:29 PM
swp it was? lol so who carries the team max or maria?

SWP
Sep 5th, 2004, 10:32 PM
it was on sky sports interactive. You can't really say who carries the team. They both worked for each other and both played really well. They both held serve well and broke serve when required.

Mercredi
Sep 5th, 2004, 10:39 PM
Isn't mixed doubles considered more like an exhibition event?

So how on earth you can consolate a Top player loss in singles, by a mixed doubles crown?

ZAK
Sep 5th, 2004, 10:40 PM
Isn,t mixed doubles considrede more like an exhibition event?

So how on earth you can consolate a Top player loss in singles, by a mixed doubles crown?
It's better than nothing

SharapovaFan16
Sep 5th, 2004, 10:41 PM
tell that shit to navratilova she's won grand slams every way possible. im not saying it would consolidate it, but it would take some of the sting out. a win is a win.

Mercredi
Sep 5th, 2004, 10:52 PM
tell that shit to navratilova she's won grand slams every way possible. im not saying it would consolidate it, but it would take some of the sting out. a win is a win.

Why asking for opinions, if you can't take that people might think that a mixed doubles title is worthless, for a top player? It's what I think. For top tennis players it's all about singles. They play doubles and mixed for fun or to improve their singles game.
When they play singles they are doing their job.

SWP
Sep 5th, 2004, 10:59 PM
Why asking for opinions, if you can't take that people might think that a mixed doubles title is worthless, for a top player? It's what I think. For top tennis players it's all about singles. They play doubles and mixed for fun or to improve their singles game.
When they play singles they are doing their job.

Yes I agree but winning doubles is still a confidence booster and better than winning nothing.

Foot_Fault
Sep 5th, 2004, 11:07 PM
Is this U.S. Open going to be considered a big failure because a grandslam is a grandslam Maria wants to win at whatever she does regardless, and now she gets to play Navratilova who played a part in her life so that's kind of cool. I can't reember Maria losing in singles, then winning her next match in a doubles when she was in both in a tournament. If anything this should help her, plus Max is a great doubles player. Maybe they'll televise the double finals if Maria makes it. She is so high in demand it could be the first ever mixed doubles U.S. Open championship televised lol! But
AWWWWW, how old are you? 12?
Who The Fuck Care about dub GS titles in MIXED?:confused:
Maria want to be known as a great singles champion.

THis event is viewed as a failure for her, b/c she isn't a mix dubs players.

Doc
Sep 5th, 2004, 11:44 PM
You will find that to most tennis players a Grand Slam title is a grand Slam Title. They all count toward the record books. Of course Sngles is the Blue ribband and what makes your name, but give anyone the chance of a title in Doubles, they'll take it.

Maria and Max beat the second seeds and Wimbledon Champions Black and Black today, which is a great achievement. However they have to beat Navratilova in the Quarters to progress - so again a rock-hard draw for Maria!

However I'd love Max and Masha to take the title.

~SunFlower~
Sep 5th, 2004, 11:55 PM
I would say.....
It's hot team maxria's time! ;)

Oneofakind0490
Sep 5th, 2004, 11:59 PM
If Maria and Max won mixed doubles she would be called the best mixed doubles player ever.

Crazy Canuck
Sep 6th, 2004, 12:01 AM
Who cares about mixed doubles? Even Justin Gimelstob has one of those titles ;)

Crazy Canuck
Sep 6th, 2004, 12:02 AM
Another example - Gasquet won the mixed at RG. If he fails to turn his year around, do you think he's going to remember "well, at least I won that mixed doubles at RG!"? :p

SharapovaFan16
Sep 6th, 2004, 12:07 AM
what's the record for the most grand slam titles. i know this won't happen but i'm just throwing it out there by some slim chance it does happen someone can pull it up, and re-post if 400 billion yrs down the line. what if they wont doubles then maria went on to win the most ever grand slam titles, and end up beating it by 1. hmm it would be pretty important then wouldn't it. again i am 99.9% sure this wont happen but its always cool to post something like this then if it did happen someone can pull it up in 400 billion yrs.

SWP
Sep 6th, 2004, 12:12 AM
Doubles Grand Slams only mean something if you can win singles Grand Slams, and Maria so far has proven she can win them.

SharapovaFan16
Sep 6th, 2004, 12:18 AM
she has one singles, why not get a doubles to go along with it. hey no harm in winning, lol. hey i know maria is overhyped right now it's funny being a fan of hers. i could see like serena winning the open and maria winning mixed doubles and here's the headline. serena back on track, sharapova doesn't go home empty handed. they'll jus throw her in there for fun. i can so see it now ya'll know it too!

SharapovaFan16
Sep 6th, 2004, 12:19 AM
hey 2 slams in a yr single and mixed not bad, but this talk doesn't mean nothing if she don't win so let's watch. i'm also confused why mixed doubles? why not womens doubles with kirilenko?

volta
Sep 6th, 2004, 12:24 AM
yeah a win is a win but didnt Anna won Grand Slams in doubles? but then if you ask people about what tournaments Anna won most of them will say none :angel:

SharapovaFan16
Sep 6th, 2004, 12:27 AM
no they ask has she ever won any singles titles. the special they did on her on espn, and other specials like beyond the glory or something they talk about anna never winning a singles title. not a title. then they go on and talk about how she won doubles title with the #1 player in the world at the time hingis.

volta
Sep 6th, 2004, 12:35 AM
no they ask has she ever won any singles titles. the special they did on her on espn, and other specials like beyond the glory or something they talk about anna never winning a singles title. not a title. then they go on and talk about how she won doubles title with the #1 player in the world at the time hingis.
everytime i see people talking about Anna they always talk about how she never won a title (im not defending her cuz i dont like her 2 lol).
yes a win is a win but it doesnt have all that "power" that a singles win has.
if she wins its great but that wont be talked as much as a single win

dreamgoddess099
Sep 6th, 2004, 12:38 AM
Doubles grandslam titles do count. Why else would they be listed on a players career achievements? Or how did Pam get into the Hall of Fame with only doubles grandslam titles?

shap_half
Sep 6th, 2004, 12:41 AM
The thing is, the Maria fans are convinced Maria will win all these Championships (and there really is nothing to back up those notions). And I'm sure most of the other tennis fans aren't really suprised she's gone by the 3R. Maria this summer hasn't shown any type of form that would lead me to believe she was even in the hunt for the title.

So it would be a great achievement for Maria to win the Mixed Doubles with Max. She shouldn't have really expected to win the singles.

10nisfanofruz
Sep 6th, 2004, 02:33 AM
Single or Double....It doesn't matter what matter is to win. :bounce:
If Maria can win the double, it will be great for her. Hopefully, playing double helps her improve and fix what seems to slow down her career.
I don't know how come she plays with Max. Is anybody knows?

moon
Sep 6th, 2004, 03:04 AM
doubles titles = less than singles, but better than nothing.

btw--they were very dominating today, so it is very possible that they could win it.
side note--if they do, I think it will be Max's 3rd dubs title at USO :)

Harju.
Sep 6th, 2004, 03:24 AM
and now some of her fans said that people are overhyping her. so who are those people? :scratch:

Besides, if mix doubles is counted, well then Tati is the youngest Slam winner then and Kournikova will not be critizised bout having no titles.

Mattographer
Sep 6th, 2004, 03:34 AM
Gosh, please stop being obsessed on Maria! :retard:

esqumaux
Sep 6th, 2004, 04:07 AM
It will be great for Maria to win the mixed dubs :).

1.) Mixed dubs will get publicity (rumour has it, some people don't know it exists :lol: ).
2.) Maria will get good experience being up at net.
3.) Maria should get good experience returning harder serves.
4.) Tracy Austin will have another chance to show Wimbledon highlights.
5.) Adolescent boys everywhere get another chance to tivo Maria.

Frank
Sep 6th, 2004, 01:35 PM
Tivo? :scratch:

bandabou
Sep 6th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Its just a consolation price...nothing more, nothing less. This isnt gonna make her greatest ever...she needs to pick the winning ways again. Id be happy if she advances past the QFs at a tournament again.

Greenout
Sep 6th, 2004, 01:41 PM
Its just a consolation price...nothing more, nothing less. This isnt gonna make her greatest ever...she needs to pick the winning ways again. Id be happy if she advances past the QFs at a tournament again.

What's the big deal? Didn't Serena already win it with
Max(that mixed doubles slut!). ;)

saab95
Sep 6th, 2004, 01:52 PM
As I remember only 80-90 persons watched last year's
mixed doubles final. :sad:
It would be more if Maria can reach it. :)

And it can be much more interesting than some singles matches when you
know the winner before it'll start. ;)

Veritas
Sep 6th, 2004, 02:21 PM
I do not see what the problem is. Winning a G.S. trophy will guarantee you a big fat cheque that could last you the entire year. It is not as important as a singles trophy though. But getting money for losing in the 3rd round and winning a doubles title is better than losing in the 3rd round only. There is a trophy and more money.