PDA

View Full Version : What can Marta do......

zut16
Mar 12th, 2002, 01:59 AM
to improve her mental strength?

It is quite obvious that Marta still lacks the experience and the mental strength of a top player. Quite simply, she played like a top 20 player at IW but mentally, she's still not in it...... To have 2 match points against a great player like Coetzer and to lose the match eventually is mentally quite damaging....

I think Marta needs to believe that she can do it. She's had matches like this last year where she's leading by a set, has match points and eventually loses the match. Eventually, this mentality has to stop. She needs to start thinking positive and knowing that she CAN compete with the top players.

I know she can make it to at least top 20, possibly top 10. But in order to get to these positions, she needs to improve mentally. The way she collapsed after being unable to close out the match against Coetzer is something that has happenned before and might happen again if the problem isn't rectified....

Anyone got any othe suggestions cause' I'm quite worried that if this lack of mental strength continues, she might never play to her full potential.....:sad:

Meanwhile, Vamos Marta!! Hopefully, she can put this loss away from her mind and concentrate on NASDAQ,.....

VAMOS!!!:hearts:

[S@nti]
Mar 12th, 2002, 05:10 PM
She need to believe that she can win to the best players, she need more confidence

anabel
Mar 12th, 2002, 06:10 PM
The problem with Marta is that she is not regular. Its strange to see her winning more than 1 match in a tournament, so she is not used to be in a winning position. I think its a problem of time, if she is able to win 2 or 3 matches in each tournament that will give her the regularity that she needs, and she will learn how to be in a lead position and not lose it.

She gives up too easily, she should fight more...

propi
Mar 12th, 2002, 06:56 PM
Anyway I think she's in the good way,, for example this week she's learnt she can beat Amanda quite easily, and she used to be top ten for long time!
I really thik this year clay season will be her confirmation, i think she can finish the year in top-30 easily

Irish
Mar 18th, 2002, 12:41 AM
It was heartbreaking but I am sure she will be able to pull off match point against the better players after this experience.