PDA

View Full Version : 2nd round : Mary v Vivi

ali
Sep 2nd, 2004, 10:39 PM
Is this match ever going to start?!! Massu is the slowest player I've ever seen!! Nearly three hours so far and only part way through the third set (one set all :rolleyes: ).

I hope Mary isn't getting frustrated having to wait (I know I am ;) ). At this rate her match won't start until about 9pm.

MissTennisFan
Sep 2nd, 2004, 10:48 PM
Is this match ever going to start?!! Massu is the slowest player I've ever seen!! Nearly three hours so far and only part way through the third set (one set all :rolleyes: ).

I hope Mary isn't getting frustrated having to wait (I know I am ;) ). At this rate her match won't start until about 9pm.
LoL! I keep looking at the scoreboard and I am in total disbelief of how much time it takes them to get through every game, there is this one game in particular that just kept going on and on... Andre Agassi had virtually raced through the entire third set of his match on Arthur Ashe while Nicolas and Sargis were still paying the same game!

Mary must be used to this kind of thing though...

ali
Sep 2nd, 2004, 10:56 PM
LoL! I keep looking at the scoreboard and I am in total disbelief of how much time it takes them to get through every game, there is this one game in particular that just kept going on and on... Andre Agassi had virtually raced through the entire third set of his match on Arthur Ashe while Nicolas and Sargis were still paying the same game!

Mary must be used to this kind of thing though...
They're showing it on tv, its sooooooo slow and now Massu is taking an injury time out! :mad: ;) If you think Mary takes her time between points you haven't seen anything like this guy!

The frustrating thing is, Sky's interactive coverage finishes at 1am my time and I can see this match going on for another 2 hours (so no Mary for me tonight :sad: ).

The next time somebody moans about the time Mary takes to serve I'll make them watch this match as punishment! ;)

MissTennisFan
Sep 2nd, 2004, 11:11 PM
If you think Mary takes her time between points you haven't seen anything like this guy!

The next time somebody moans about the time Mary takes to serve I'll make them watch this match as punishment! ;)
It's funny, I was just thinking about that, to be honest I don't think I would have ever noticed that Mary took a lot of time before serving had people not kept going on about it all the time -- I certainly never notice it during her matches.

Anyway, I just checked the scoreboard and it seems like we're looking at a five-setter, unless Nicolas' injury forces him to withdraw (I hope he's OK though)...

I just hope I can catch Mary's match on Eurosport later on...

ali
Sep 2nd, 2004, 11:25 PM
I used to notice Mary taking quite a bit of time between points early on in her career but not so much lately, in fact like you, I don't notice it at all now. Guess its just one of those things which has stuck with her.

Massu just got really mad about two bad line calls and is fighting back! Its got him so worked up he's actually speeded up!

Mark Spruce
Sep 2nd, 2004, 11:26 PM
Hello MissTennisFan,

well it is late for us to watch Mary's match for sure now. I think that I will just watch it through the net cam's.

regards

Mark

MissTennisFan
Sep 2nd, 2004, 11:29 PM
Hi Mark -- are you online?

Mark Spruce
Sep 2nd, 2004, 11:37 PM
yes I am

Mark

MissTennisFan
Sep 2nd, 2004, 11:39 PM
I used to notice Mary taking quite a bit of time between points early on in her career but not so much lately, in fact like you, I don't notice it at all now. Guess its just one of those things which has stuck with her.

Massu just got really mad about two bad line calls and is fighting back! Its got him so worked up he's actually speeded up!
Yeah I guess they're both on serve now... Maybe Massu will be able to close it out in 4 after all.

Mark Spruce
Sep 2nd, 2004, 11:40 PM
I am on MSN

I sent you a message with my new MSN id I can't see you logged on though

Mark

ali
Sep 2nd, 2004, 11:46 PM
Yeah I guess they're both on serve now... Maybe Massu will be able to close it out in 4 after all.
Fingers crossed :)