PDA

View Full Version : What's your favourite brand of lager?

MartianJoeyWinson
Mar 12th, 2002, 12:06 AM
Let's just say, Carlsberg owe me... I'm currently on me sixth of the day (well I had two pints at lunch when I went for a bacon buttie at the George and Dragon with me mate Jack), and that's me regular lager.

However I recently tried a beer from Turkey called Efes, very nice, a Pilsener, better than Holsten Pils IMHO...

What's your fave... and remember "beer, the cause of, and solution to all of lifes problems".

Hurley
Mar 12th, 2002, 05:50 AM
Whenever I go boozing (less frequently these days, but just you wait until summer) I usually tackle Bud or Bud Light bottles...whatever is cheaper (usually the light crap).

If I've been working and I have a few extra bucks in my pocket (or if someone is buying ;)), I usually tend to hit the Bass Ale tap.

Actually...I don't hear the word "lager" used much around here. Does that refer to all beers, or just ales, or stouts or ambers or what? :confused:

jelena4me
Mar 12th, 2002, 09:09 AM
Im in NZ now, but its good to see British lifestyle don't change!

Lager is the name for light, yellowish beers such as Fosters,Harp,Grolsch,Heineken,Carlsberg,Carling etc.

The best lager in western Europe is surely Stella Artois. The American style beers such as Bud are complete p*ss if you ask me, just slightly less sweet than champagne.

In the Uk, its all much of a muchness after Stella, maybe Kronenbourg 1664 next and then some of the stronger 'export' beers. Amstel can be ok too.

In NZ, there doesnt seem to be a decent lager, the light beers such as Steinlager and Export Gold mimicking the American style crap, and most of the other beers are much darker, not really lagers at all. DB draught I like more than any others. I really miss a good pint of Stella, and if anyone can tell me where to find it down under I would be grateful.

The Crow
Mar 12th, 2002, 11:54 AM
Most Belgian ones are okay, but Jupiler is the best. Of the foreign ones, I like Carlsberg :)

Kelly
Mar 12th, 2002, 12:11 PM
i pretty much drink any beer:rolleyes:

today i have just had two pints of fosters (its 1pm) and i am still in college..oops.

stella is nice. heinekan and carlsberg are nice..i used like boddingtons (a true manchester lass) but i prefer larger insted of bitter.

super_hingis
Mar 12th, 2002, 01:45 PM
i love me carlsberg on a night but as the night draws to a close i will drink anything.:bounce:

Barrie_Dude
Mar 12th, 2002, 03:17 PM
Well, I like Labatts Blue. Though I occasionally will spring for Becks or Heinekin.

Princess Fiona
Mar 12th, 2002, 06:17 PM
Stella Artois is my favourite. :)

Nikki
Mar 12th, 2002, 08:36 PM
Becks or Stella:)

turt
Mar 12th, 2002, 08:38 PM
oh, there are lots of favourites for me ;)

Let's say http://forum.adsl-bc.org/images/smiles/biere.gif (Jupiler ;) )

Oh actually it looks like it's a Stella Artois glass ;)

Oh BTW this one is good too http://forum.adsl-bc.org/images/smiles/leffe.gif ;)

bluepastures
Mar 12th, 2002, 09:38 PM
I hate the ones "brewed under license" in the UK (like Fosters, Cobra, etc).

The lagers I tend to drink are Staropramen, Budwar and San Miguel. I also love two Asian beers, Tsingtao (China) and Singhe (Thailand), but they can be difficult to find.