PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Report

Kutuzova
Sep 2nd, 2004, 03:35 AM
Henin- Hardenne def. Vaidisova 6-1 6-4
I did not see the first set of this match but when I saw it on TV Nicole looked nervous. From what I saw, Nicole is the real deal. At age 15 she was able to overpower Justine. She hits huge off the ground and has a great serve. She just made too many unforced errors. I really love how she goes for it. She just needs to control all the power she possesses. I think she is a future top ten player with that game. She had Justine 4-1 in the second set with really no experience at all. She did not handle the wind well, but she seemed nervous. I like this girl and she can do BIG things! Justine played a little scratchy but was mainly solid.

Obziler def. Widjaja 7-5 6-3
I did not see much of this match, but this is what I got from what I saw. Angie had some taping on her knee. She was not moving well at all. She was not getting out to her forehand, which is her weapon, in enough time to hit it. She had to start throwing up some loopy balls or chip off the forehand to stay in the rallies. Obziler seemed confident and was hitting out. I thought that Angie would take this but Tzipi has a pretty good serve and some solid groundies. She looks like a very solid player. Maybe she can give Justine a little run in their 2nd rd. match. At the end of this match Carlos Rodriguez came over to watch after Justine had finished.

Kirilenko def. Likhovsteva 7-6 (3) 6-3
I did not see that much of this, but enough to know that Maria has TALENT. She has a beautiful game. I saw her play Serena at the French and I saw her at the open so I knew coming in that she was gonna give Elena a run and she sure did. She does not have much power off the ground (Neither does Likhovsteva who just pushes the ball in) but her timing is really top notch. I love the variety in Maria’s game. She really has great net play, her returns are fantastic. She seemed to struggle with her serve, but I think that was because she called the trainer out and she was getting her shoulder worked on. I think around 3-2 in the 2nd. I left but she must have stepped it up from there winning the 2nd 6-3. Elena does not look that good. She pushes and really does not seem to have a weapon.

Chakvetadze def. Schett 1-6 6-4 6-2
Watch out Myskina because Chakvetadze is GOOD! She moves the ball around beautifully. I came after she lost the first set 6-1. She then was down a break in the 2nd and I was getting worried, but she stepped up her game. She moves so well and opens the court after rallying for a while. She kind of reminds me of Kim Clijsters during Indian Wells 2001 when she was just starting to shine, how she would rally and then just accelerate on one shot and open the court, Anna does the same. She really handled Schett’s aggressive power. She just countered it for a while and then opened up herself and would hit such a great shot. She does a lot well. She moves well, her groundies are solid and her serve is not bad, just needs more pace. She even volleys well, but she does not come in often. Down a break in the third she a again fought back with some great stuff and her team was going nuts. I think Chakvetadze is another Russian to watch out for along with Linetskaya who was watching her match and who I talked to.

Medina Garrigues def. Strycova 7-5 6-3
The only reason Barbora lost this match was because of her temper. She has a really nice game. She might not be that tall but her groundies and her serve are big. She goes for her shots, moves well and she volleys well. She also has a great drop shot. The thing holding her back is that she is the “mini-Zvonareva”. She just gets down on herself and yells and whines and throws her racket. Medina Garrigues went up to the chair umpire and was yelling at her asking to give Strycova a warning or a point penalty. I think Strycova could be top 30 now and top 10 even if she keeps improving. She is really that good, just needs to learn to control that temper. Medina Garrigues was lucky Barbora was so negative or else she would have been out. Eva Birnerova and Iveta Benesova were sitting behind me watching Barbora play.

Serra Zanetti def. Washington 7-5 7-5
OMG this match was horrible. Thank God I did not go to it earlier. The only reason I was at the court was because I was waiting for Sesil to come on. I was cheering for Serra Zanetti just because I wanted the match to end. You could not see why Mashona has done well this summer from this match, she was awful. Mashona was acting like a real jerk out there, questioning calls that were clearly good. Serra Zanetti has a horrible serve. Both serves are at around the same speed, plus or minus 85 miles per hour. When this finished I was sooooo happy.

Kuznetsova def. Karatancheva 6-2 6-0
You could see the talent from Sesil. When she was set for the ball she hit VERY hard. That backhand can be HUGE! Her serve has improved from when she played Maria at Indian Wells. A lot of first serves were around 105 miles per hour. She just couldn’t do anything because Sveta would not let her. Sveta was firing away smacking the ball off both sides. Sesil could not even run the balls down with her great speed. Sesil also had her ankle wrapped before she came on the court and then re-wrapped early in the 2nd set, so that might hae affected her. She will be at the top someday. I just don’t think she is as good as Nicole, but she is still top 10 material for sure. Also Jamea Jackson, Jennifer Elie and Anna Chakvetadze were watching this match.

Randriantefy def. Kirkland 6-4 6-4
Jessica is a very good player. She is solid off the ground. I think she could be a big hope for American womens tennis which needs some upcomers. Jessica, Alex Mueller and Jamea Jackson along with the Uberoi sisters are really the ones that I think could be contending for the top 50. Jessica just wasn’t experienced enough to stay in the rallies with Dally who was playing well and took this match. Alex Mueller, Jessica’s doubles partner in the juniors and Julia Koulbitskaya were watching this match.

Jankovic def. Llagostera Vives 6-3 6-4
Jelena hits VERY hard. I really like her. She has a nice game. Great backhand and the serve and forehand are also very solid. She moves nicely as well. She could be top twenty if she keeps improving and working hard. She just had to much power in this one against Nuria. Nuria has pretty strokes but not enough firepower. That is why she was beat by Vaidisova and that’s why she was beat by Jankovic. I think Jankovic will take out Sharapova next round. Sharapova has all of the pressure on her which she is not handling well and Jelena knows her from Bollettieri’s so should not feel intimidated. Im sure they have practiced together many a time.

Shika Uberoi def. Obata 6-3 3-6 7-5
I know the Uberoi girls because I have trained with them at the Rick Macci Tennis Academy. They are very nice and I talked with Shika after her practice with Neha earlier in the day. I was so excited to watch her play her first Grand Slam and say I have hit with this girl before. I sat next to her dad and Rick. Mr. Uberoi was going nuts. After every point her was screaming things out. It was great. She played well and now she plays Ricks former pupil Venus in the next round. I hope she shows the world what she is made of as she is the night match. I cant wait to see it!

I also saw:

Nan Nan Liu vs. Paola Suarez- I saw very little but Liu was hitting very hard and looks to maybe be another good Chinese player. Suarez was too good with a 6-1 7-5 win but Liu was up 5-3 2nd set.

Stevenson vs. Ruano Pascual- Stevenson sux, waste of a WC

Nagyova-practice
Tu-practice
Lee-Waters-practice(could hear her 5 courts down)
Safina-practice
Peng-practice
Lee-practice
Hopkins-practice
Adriana Serra Zanetti-practice
Navratilova-practice
Ashley-walking around
Grande-walking around
Daniilidou vs. Talaja- like 2 pts
Camerin vs. Czink- like 2 pts.
Pratt vs. Castano- few pts.
Brandi vs. Sequera- few pts.
Petrova vs. Jheng-for a pt.
Pierce vs. Loit- ˝ pt.
Frazier vs. McCain-like 2 pts.
Stosur vs. Razzano- few pts.
Farina Elia vs. Spears-1/2 pt.
Bovina vs. Marrero- could see them while I was watching Chakvetadze
Parra vs. Weingartner- few pts.
Sugiyama-practice
Asagoe vs. Smashnova- few pts.
Magdalena Kiszczynska- this girl seems to have a lot of talent. She hits very nicely. She was practicing with her coach, for the juniors. She hits nice and hard off both sides and could be tough in a few years. Watch out for her.

urklerlay
Sep 2nd, 2004, 03:57 AM
Wow!! Sounds like you are having a great time...I'm jealous! I wish I were there, too! Thx for your report!

Sonf@
Sep 2nd, 2004, 04:39 AM
What can you tell me about Anabel's game in her match against Strycova? I'm sure she must have made something to beat her, not only Strycova losing everything... :p ;)

Shooter
Sep 2nd, 2004, 04:53 AM
Excellent report. Were you taking notes? How else could you remember all that detail. Thanks.

©@®eLess
Sep 2nd, 2004, 10:02 AM
Jankovic def. Llagostera Vives 6-3 6-4
Jelena hits VERY hard. I really like her. She has a nice game. Great backhand and the serve and forehand are also very solid. She moves nicely as well. She could be top twenty if she keeps improving and working hard. She just had to much power in this one against Nuria. Nuria has pretty strokes but not enough firepower. That is why she was beat by Vaidisova and that’s why she was beat by Jankovic. I think Jankovic will take out Sharapova next round. Sharapova has all of the pressure on her which she is not handling well and Jelena knows her from Bollettieri’s so should not feel intimidated. Im sure they have practiced together many a time.

Now i really have high hopes for Jelena tonight. I didn't think she played well at all, but then again, how could i know- i wasn't watching her.

GO Jelena :worship: Nothing to lose tonight. Think about top 30 :bounce:

Sharapova's_Boy
Sep 2nd, 2004, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the great report. :hearts:

Lemonskin.
Sep 2nd, 2004, 01:11 PM
Kirilenko :D

Kutuzova
Sep 2nd, 2004, 01:31 PM
What can you tell me about Anabel's game in her match against Strycova?
Anabel played pretty solid. She hit some nice drop shots but not that many winners. He points were mainly coming from Barbora's errors. She played solid but nothind really shined. She was just kind of grinding out the point like she was on clay while Strycova was going for her shots. Anabel needs to be more aggressive on these faster surfaces.

Were you taking notes?
I wasn't taking notes. I just love tennis and have a good memory :p :D

Tennisfan-Mtl
Sep 2nd, 2004, 01:45 PM

Jem
Sep 2nd, 2004, 02:41 PM
Thanks!

rated_next
Sep 2nd, 2004, 03:34 PM

Freakan
Sep 2nd, 2004, 04:14 PM
I agree with you about Kiszczynska. This girl has a talent and potential to be a top player. :yeah:
And she is prettier than Kournikova :)

brunof
Sep 2nd, 2004, 05:01 PM
Well done Dally! :)

daniela86
Sep 2nd, 2004, 05:57 PM
Thank you :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Very nice report, I am very glad to see another Jankovic and Chakvetadze 's fan!! :)

CooCooCachoo
Sep 2nd, 2004, 06:54 PM
WOW It is so cool that you played with Neha and Shikha :bounce: I really like them :)

The only reason Barbora lost this match was because of her temper. She has a really nice game. She might not be that tall but her groundies and her serve are big. She goes for her shots, moves well and she volleys well. She also has a great drop shot. The thing holding her back is that she is the “mini-Zvonareva”. She just gets down on herself and yells and whines and throws her racket. Medina Garrigues went up to the chair umpire and was yelling at her asking to give Strycova a warning or a point penalty. I think Strycova could be top 30 now and top 10 even if she keeps improving. She is really that good, just needs to learn to control that temper. Medina Garrigues was lucky Barbora was so negative or else she would have been out. Eva Birnerova and Iveta Benesova were sitting behind me watching Barbora play.

OMG Barbora always seems to be whining and complaining and mad at herself and Anabel always seems to be questioning the umpire's decisions..

Kutuzova
Sep 3rd, 2004, 03:23 AM
WOW It is so cool that you played with Neha and Shikha

Thanx. I have played with them a lot and I know them pretty well.