PDA

View Full Version : IW - Hantuchova d Henin 6-3, 6-3

Volcana
Mar 11th, 2002, 09:08 PM
The top half of the draw is gone. Simply gone. The top half of the draw of the biggest Tier one of the year is now#20 Lisa Raymond, #26 Daniela Hantuchova, #57 Anna Smashnova, and #70 Emmanuelle Gagliardi.

veryborednow
Mar 11th, 2002, 09:13 PM
lets go daniela!!

final is yours for the taking!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Monica_Rules
Mar 11th, 2002, 09:16 PM
Yeah Daniela:D She should get the final from this part of the draw!

No depth in womens tennis pffft:o :D

Mazza
Mar 11th, 2002, 09:18 PM
Agrahhhhhh it's becomming like the men's draw at the AO!!! But GO DANIELA!!! :bounce:

barmaid
Mar 11th, 2002, 09:18 PM
Hantuchova certainly is playing good tennis these days....so she could really play the "spoiler" in this tourney!! Watch out Hingis and Seles!!:rolleyes:

barmaid:wavey:

thefreedesigner
Mar 11th, 2002, 09:21 PM
Daniela took advantage of what was hers today.... be sure that Raymond will actually make it to the net when they play.

It's shocking really. I'm terribly disappointed that Myskina could not take advantage of what was hers (sorry Manu fans!), but A Star Is Born.

sartrista7
Mar 11th, 2002, 09:45 PM
Still :sad: :sad: for Anastasia
but woo-hoo Daniela, I like Justine but it's much better to see up'n'comers come through :bounce:
Despite Anastasia's loss, I'm loving this top half. Predictability, remember, is very dull. And if you follow tennis at all, you'd know that these four ladies may not be household names, but they're far from dull. :bounce: So go Daniela and Anna.

LucasArg
Mar 11th, 2002, 09:52 PM
I believe Hantuchova or Smashnova will reach the finals. I hope one of them wins;)

But, MONICA is my fave here:p

moon
Mar 11th, 2002, 09:58 PM
A Monica-Daniela final would be great!

with Monica winning of course. ;)

magassi
Mar 11th, 2002, 10:02 PM
Great win for Hantuchova. I must say that I think Justine Henin is a bit over-rated. She's definitly a player that should be ranked 7-10, but not top 5 material.

Kart
Mar 11th, 2002, 10:14 PM
This was a real opportunity missed for Justine ... it's quite exciting though :) to wonder who will make the final.

theheninfan
Mar 11th, 2002, 10:15 PM
People are entitled to their own opinios, but I would like to hear your reasoning behind why you think Justine is not top 5 material.

Ntosake
Mar 11th, 2002, 10:31 PM
The top half.......Gone!

Hantuchova.......The Spoiler!

Predictability......Dull!

I agree!

Kart
Mar 11th, 2002, 10:37 PM
theheninfan, I know you've heard this before, but that avatar is just SO cute :) :) :) :).

theheninfan
Mar 11th, 2002, 10:39 PM
Thank you so much!...That's nice of you to notice! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

CB
Mar 11th, 2002, 10:45 PM
Hopefully we'll see an interseting Hingis-Hantuchova match-up in the final!

Go Dani! :D

magassi
Mar 11th, 2002, 11:51 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone. I think Henin is very talented and will always be a top ten staple (7-10). She can also have upset wins over top players (Venus, Jennifer) -- but in general, she can be overpowered by the big-babes (i.e. Serena, Venus, Lindsay, Jennifer, Monica -- even Clijsters). That's why I think while she had a great year last year reaching the top five, she will be more a player ranked 7-10. Just my thoughts...

SeReNa
Mar 12th, 2002, 12:02 AM
sounds a bit like Martina Hingis. :rolleyes:

xan
Mar 12th, 2002, 01:17 AM
Daniela is packed with talent.

3 and 3 over Justine is a great win.

Now reach the final!

Williams Rulez
Mar 12th, 2002, 01:23 AM
This is great! Now we'll have a "newcomer" in the finals :)

I think Hantuchova has a good chance of making the finals, but one of the other 3 could be there easily if Hantuchova lets up.

harloo
Mar 12th, 2002, 01:39 AM
Good for Hatchocova, I wonder if she can take it all the way. I don't know if she has the consistency to beat Martina or Monica yet.
I like her, but I still think this tournament is boring for a Tier I.

Good win, and maybe she can go all the way.

joao
Mar 12th, 2002, 02:47 AM
I don't think IW is the bigger TierI of the year.......Miami is!!!

Anyways, this win by Hantuchova was the real upset of the tourney so far! Clijsters and Dokic have been plagued by injuries and rustiness.......so their losses were not that unexpected! Henin's on the other hand, was having pretty good results this year (2 finals already!) and had a very good win over Serra-Zanetti in the previous round to back up what could have been a very good run in this tournament and perhaps a title...........well good job Hantuchova and good luck for the rest of the week! I think she has a pretty good chance to get to the finals now! :bounce:

MaRKy MaRk
Mar 12th, 2002, 05:00 AM
I hope it's a Hingis-Hantuchova final, with Marti winning of course. I don't think they'e ever played before. Hingis said in her interview that she practised with Daniela, and was impressed.

EVAspeed
Mar 12th, 2002, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Kart
This was a real opportunity missed for Justine ...
knowing that kim went out early in the tourney, justine did blow a good opportunity.

EVAspeed
Mar 12th, 2002, 05:48 AM
do any of you think it's 'cause of justine's change in serving technique?

i don't. from previous interviews, justine seemed happy with her progress in her new serve.

jelena4me
Mar 12th, 2002, 09:23 AM
Hantuchova's a top player, I hope she goes all the way

Tatiana Panova
Mar 12th, 2002, 09:27 AM
Well done Daniela!! She is such a classy player.

Bad luck for Justine - she seems to be going through a rut, but good job the clay court season is on the horizon.